main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Aurélia's drawings - Update: Han Solo WIP finished

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aurelia-acc, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljungberg

Ljungberg Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2005
    Wow..those drawings are simply amazing..Definitely awesome work=D= =D=

These are really good..

2. jedi_koopa83

jedi_koopa83 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    nice, good job [face_peace]

3. ktulu216

ktulu216 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2005
    Aurelia, this entire thread rocks my socks. Amazing work.

4. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/aureliacc/padme01-etape7-50pc.jpg]

If I didn't know any better I'd SWEAR it was a black and white photo of her!!

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I never noticed that before. You have a good eye for detail.

The drawings of Faith Hill and Padme are absolutely incredible. They are perfect in shape and form. I am always amazed when I see such fantastic artistic talent. I wish I could draw.

AG88

6. VadersAngel2007

VadersAngel2007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2005
    Nice. I like. =D=

7. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Your work is gorgeous! Its just jaw dropping!

8. aurelia-acc

aurelia-acc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    As I've been away for days, belated thanks everyone for your messages, it's much appreciated :*

i don't know why but I tend to notice unusual things like tattoo,scars lol I guess that's why I love how they gave an explanation on Indy's scar in the Last Crusade. :p

unfortunately, cause of some commissions, I won't be able to post a new SW related artwork before weeks so I thought I could share with you something my webmistress did for my site. (hope it's okay with you Steph as her artwork is based on my drawing of Anakin). I'm lucky enough to have the most adorable webmistress (Ellemsa) and as she loves the color portrait of Anakin, she decided to make a wallpaper of it for the visitors of my site. The image displayed is the 800x600 version and under is the link for the bigger version

[image=http://www.aurelia-art.com/art/wp/anakin800x600.jpg]
    1024x728 version

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, my! A very nice wallpaper of your beautiful portrait of Anakin! The flames and quote are very appropriate (although I have to admit to prefering the wonderful soft blues you used in the original--the softer, cooler colors provide a marvelous metaphoric contrast to the "fire within," as well as to the warm hues used for his hair, face and clothes). I think we're all going to be "scarce" over the holiday season-- but believe me when I say that it won't stop people from visiting here and at your personal website to continue enjoying your fabulous work! Best of luck with all the commissions ( makes note to self to regularly visit the Master's site to check for new work there! ;) )!

FF

10. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    First thanks to Mme Moderator for letting me post this;)

Here is a portrait of Wentworth Miller (?Prison Break?) that I?ve been working on for the last 3 weeks. It?s done with graphite and it?s done on the wrong side of a sheet of Bristol paper (ie it?s not as smooth as usual)
    It?s not a full version, I?ll post one once it?s hosted on my site
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/aureliacc/wentworthmiller-etape7-50pc.jpg]

On an other art forum, I was asked about how I did the skin tones as the paper is not as smooth as usual so I wrote a little tutorial and re-drew a part of the drawing for it. Everything in the scans below is made with HB. Wooden pencil for scan #1 & scan #2, and mechanical pencil 0.5 for the other ones.
    scan #1: I start placing the darkest shadows and quickly put a first layer of HB with a wooden pencil but leave white the space that I want to be much lighter at the end (contrast accentuated on this scan)
    scan #2: I blend the first layer with Kleenex. (Contrasts accentuated in this one as well)
    scan #3: I make the darkest shadows in a more careful way with a mechanical pencil
    scan #4: I start filling in the face with the mechanical pencil with pencils strokes very close ones to others, trying to follow the shape of his face as much as possible.
    scan #5: I finish applying the layer of graphite on all the face, filling the white space with a light layer (still with HB)
    scan #6: I add another layer of graphite above the whole surface and then I start adding more and more layers on the darkest parts. Then I add some graphite on the small part which is supposed to be in the light (on the left side of the screen) and blend it. On the left corner of this scan, you can see the size the pencil strokes i make usually have
    In scan #6, the skin is not as smooth as in the actual pic because the different steps were done much faster than the actual drawing but here you can see a close up of that part of the "real" drawing (scanned at 300dpi)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/aureliacc/wentworthmiller-closeup-300dpi.jpg]

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh wow - look Aurelia and I love the same television shows! Supernatural AND Prison Break!

Wentworth is lovely [face_love] =P~ and the flames on the finished background for Anakin are AMAZING! Wow, they're so life-like!

Great to see you back again! [:D]

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Another amazing masterpiece, Master Aurelia!!

=D==D=

I love this--the intensity of his expression and the gorgeous capture of it is just awesome--and how much did I love the tutorial? [face_dancing] [face_love] =D=!!!
    It's just fantastic, to see just how you go about your stunning work, and to have your narrative to go along with it is total "icing on the cake!" Thank you so much for including those steps and explanations!
    **bows to the Master**
    I now assume the "squat" in the thread to study the tutorial and try to learn more! ;) Again--just an amazing portrait!
    =D==D=

FF

13. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Fantastic work aurelia!!! :D =D= I'm going to use that tutorial next time I do a portrait. :)

14. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    What can I say, great minds think alike lol. Even if I haven't watched all the episodes of Prison Break yet, I really like the ones I've seen, and about Supernatural, well, it's a great show starring the talented Jensen Ackles [face_love] :D
    Anyway, thanks for your comments both on the drawing and the wallpaper. It was a very beautiful gift from my webmistress.

Thanks Deb[:D] I really enjoyed doing this one cause it's the first time I make a drawing using only one degree of pencil for the skin and clothes so I had to play with the light more than usual to create the contrasts. I find it interesting to learn something with each new artwork even if this only thing I wanted to learn when i started it was drawing short hair lol

Thanks dashleebo. And I'm impatient to see that portrait ;)

BTW I'm sorry for not being very active since 2 months. It's not that I don't draw (I do spend a lot of time drawing), it's just that I'm very busy with commissions and other stuff but as I said to Deb, I should start a new Star Wars WIP soon. I just have to find THE idea for it as it's supposed to be an original one and above all it has to be done before the March 5th (it's a kind of contest but with no winners for a french SW site)

15. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your final rendering of Anakin. The flames in the background and text really were great finishing touches.

The drawing of Wentworth Miller is absolutely incredible! =D=

Fantastic job!!

AG88

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know I've commented on this before, but I had to drop in here and say something again - absoultely fantastic work, aurelia! You're probably getting sick of hearing this, but I just can't get over how realistic it looks! You truly are the Master! =D=

17. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    All I can say is - "I second that!"

Brilliant work, Aurelia!

oldj

18. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Sorry for the belated answer, the last days were a little crazy but a big thank you for your kind comments [:D]
    I should have added it earlier but you can see the full size version here

19. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Ugh! I don't know how I forgot to check up on the finished version of Anakin! It turned out to be utterly gorgeous! (not that there was any doubt that it wouldn't, of course ;) ) As I stare at it, I still can't believe that that was done with coloured pencils. The colour blending in his face is great, and I love how his blue eyes really stand out.

Wow, and Wentworth is spectacular! Did the hair take awhile? And so much beautiful detail in his shirt! Gah, the stitching! It looks so real. Also loving those eyes as I always do in your work. Just superb stuff as usual, Aurélia. :)

Skin Tutorial - I work the same way you do (though I must say that I don't seem to be as succesful as you are. Guess I need to practice. :p). The only difference is that I don't shade in angled strokes, I do so in small circular motions. I also mainly stick with blending with my fingers, but sometimes it's a combination of that with Kleenex.

...and I don't use mechanical pencils. EVER. I hate those vile detestable things. :p

- Suz ^_~

20. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    Amazing work! Especially Anakin [face_love] And the tutorials are so helpful! Now I have FF and Aurelia! [:D]

21. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! :eek: *falls from seat*
    Incredible pictures. =D=

22. aurelia-acc

Jun 14, 2005
    Your_Worshipfulness: thanks Suz for your comments on both artworks[:D]
    Wentworth's hair took me about 5 or 6 hours because I first colored in the skin before making all the little pencil strokes (all about 1cm long)

on the forum ArtPapa, I see a lot of artists using the circulism technique but it's not something i'm used to myself. I've tried it on a small part of the face on this portrait (where the little boy has freckles) and I liked the result but found it really time consumming (maybe because I'm not used to draw that way) and also used it for his pullover as I didn't want the texture to look too uniform. I guess it's hard to break one's habbits.
    As for myself, I love mechanical pencils ever since I tried them.:D

Valie , Chilla : thanks for your comments [:D] and Valie, I'm glad you enjoyed the little turorial

23. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    >>Aurélia : waaah je savais pas que c'était toi qui postais ici! *oui je suis du forum Star wars universe où on t'a invitée à participer à un concours de dessins ^^* bravo en tout cas :)

wonderful job! ^_^ will you draw the Grand Admiral Thrawn? it would be magnificent! [face_love]

24. Lippy

Lippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2004
    Yar Thrawn would be AMAZING!!!!!!

Ooooooooo - How about Mara too?

Have you ever drawn a complete scene, not just a portrait...

How about the scene in Dark Force Rising where Mara is captured by Thrawn and is kneeling before him! That would be brilliant!

25. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    These drawings are nothing short of spectacular.

My question is this: is there any chance you are a fan of the show Lost? [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.