main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Man, I sure hope somebody from Gen Con is reading these posts. Sounds like they royally screwed up this whole badge shipping process. I wish you all the best of luck with Will Call.

Note to Gen Con: Allow yourself more time for shipping/unexpected delays in the badge shipping process for C5 and C6.

All the more reason why the cut-off date for shipping badges should have been March 1st at the latest, and not March 30th.

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    The Ticketing should be handled completely seperate from organising the event.

Good point on the taking all yer confirmations and getting a ticket at Will Call even if you've already got it. The bagdes aren't serialised in any way are they? :rolleyes: To me that's a major flaw and should have been thought of.

3. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    The problem I see with that is not being able to prove you didn't get it.

I went ahead and filed a BBB complaint.

4. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    You have two weeks before the con to get your BADGE, and you're suing already?

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If you still haven't received your badge, post an angry face.

:mad:

6. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Umm, what does filing a complaint with the BBB have to do with suing?

7. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    Apparently he can't read or tell time.

The convention is next week (flying out next Wednesday morning) and I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for crappy delivery practices.

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  9. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Mine arrived in the mail today along with the lanyard and friends/family coupons. Miracles never cease.

But for those of who got screwed, I feel your pain [:D]. Any way you slice it, GenCon @#$@# it up.

--MissPadme

10. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Don't forget, Gen Con also charged everybody $2.95 for shipping and handling to have their badges messed up.

11. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: no badge yet

12. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    :mad: No:mad: Badge:mad: Yet:mad:

13. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    No badge, no response to my phone call and no response to my email. This is getting worse now, and I leave for California on Saturday.

14. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    If you haven't got your badge, definitely take your e-mail receipt for payment with you.

15. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The last word I received from the customer service person at GenCon was to wait a "couple of days before the convention" to see if my packet arrives. That is contrary to what they said previously about waiting until May 14th. It would also cause a HUGE screw up if I were flying to the convention.

Having seen GenCon in "action" at Celebration III, it's pretty obvious they have no clue what is going on. Expect long lines on Fan Day when we were supposed to get a preview of the convention; now we get to spend the entire day waiting in line. :mad:

If anyone does want to sue, all the people who didn't receive their packages or all their items could bring a class-action lawsuit against GenCon. [face_whistling]

16. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I received my badge on Monday the 14th (thankfully) and I'm in California. But I noticed that the date on the cancelled .87 cents worth of stamps said May 4. 11 days to get something from Seattle, WA to California? Yikes. I get stuff from Europe quicker than that.

17. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, I fly to California on Saturday. They haven't even responded to me in email, although it is shortly after 7am there.

18. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    If they do what they did for Celebration III, they'll close up shop Friday and won't reopen again until AFTER the convention. So that means we're all SOL.

19. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    This is why, way back in November, I just went ahead and decided to use Will Call. I know it would be more inconvenient for me, but I didn't want to take a chance of it being lost in the mail, or Gen Con screwing up. Either way, I'm going to wait in line. Foresight is Forearmed. I would have needed to wait anyway, as I got tickets for the Carrie Fisher evening on Saturday.

Let me just add: I cannot believe they have yet to release the schedule.

20. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    My boyfriend and I ordered our badges and chose the will call option. We both got our badges in the mail last week.

21. divadee62

divadee62 Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2005
    No badge as of May 14, 2007 for me. I emailed Gencon, of course no response. Called the Star Wars Celebration IV Inquiries Line 206-315-5630 and spoke with Aleta Mullen, who identified herself as the Gencon Customer Service Manager. She stated the following:

1) she is compiling a list of people who have not received their packets and will have their items available at will call. YEAH RIGHT...
    2) Gencon has increased staffing for the Will call booth in anticipation of the long lines of people who didn't get what they paid for in a timely fashion.
    3) She giggled and said that she is still "hopeful" that I will get my badge in the mail before next week. Hmmm yeahhh right
    4) Gencon is graciously refunding the shipping charge to all of the people who have to wait in line. BLANK STARE
    5) Gencon has no intentions of posting a schedule on their website. I then asked her, well why would you send a small schedule of events in the badge packets. Her response was "Oh wow, I forgot all about that". She then stated that she would get with her IT guys and see if they will post the same schedule that was sent out with the badges on the Gencon website.

This is basically ridiculous. I feel like I'm going to be in line for a minimum of 2 hours on wed trying to get a badge to get in...in other words missing the Movie Marathon that I signed up for.

22. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I think we need to remember that although this is completely inconvenient for us, and it seriously sucks and is horrible customer service,

its not 100% gen con's fault.

when the changeover with the insider happened through Lucas online, they messed up the fan club member registers. it's because of Lucas Online's disorganization and Gen Con is having to take all the heat.

So don't get too mad at Aleta and the Gen Con staff, they're trying to organize the mess that was handed to them by Lucas Online.

I mean, I'm not saying that Gen Con is organized, they certainly have illustrated otherwise, however the problems with fan club stuff and mail outs is not entirely their fault.

23. Gackt

Gackt Jedi Master

Nov 3, 2004
    How much time do you think we will have to wait to obtain the badge on May 23 at 7:00Am?

24. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    oh they assured me I'd be in and out of will call before the movie marathon starts.

*cough*bs*cough

I really feel bad for the number of unhappy fans that are going to be there.

I'm trying really hard to realize that this is something that I have no control over and I'm trying to continually remind myself that I'm going to c4 to be with my friends at a star wars con, not to get upset over little stuff like waiting in line.

it's not working very well :p

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.