main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Barriss' End after TCW

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I really think TCW created a mess, she was a good Jedi during the Clone Wars, never some super idealist or terrorist who would risk her own Order, now she was in prison, how are they going to give her a reasonable ending?

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The same way they gave Depa Billaba one.

3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Being put out of her misery during Operation:Knightfall.

As for Barriss, she's probably dead. The court was ready to sentence Ahsoka to death with scant evidence. Barriss confessed. Those Temple guards probably took her straight to the execution chamber.

4. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Of course, Palpatine has more utility for a Jedi that has turned to the dark side than he would have had for Ahsoka, whom clearly did not. Ahsoka was useful propaganda; Barriss might be a useful servant. Considering he saw use for Darth Maul, he may also for Barriss.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

I could see Luminara going after Barriss and Barriss giving some spiel about "going sane."

I wouldn't be as moved by Luminara going after Barriss as I was by Mace going after Depa though.

6. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I thought Barriss was blown to kingdom come on Felucia? I haven't seen past Season 1 of TCW but i already knew the spoilers so I don't mind.

7. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Well, I meant by the fact that Depa's fate was never revealed. We saw her last in Republic custody and presumed she died in the purge.

8. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

The problem is now somehow explaining her being allowed to go to Felucia and serve with Aayla, presumably in a commanding role, after her actions during the final of TCW. As others have pointed out, they were all but ready to crucify Ahsoka, it'd make no sense for Barriss to be allowed to walk away scott free after confessing.

9. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    What's TCW?

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm sure they'd be able to do a nice retcon.

Did we ever see her on Felucia?

11. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Maybe Palpatine deemed her cured even though she wasn't so that he could release her and hope she raised some more mischief for anti-Jedi propaganda.

12. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

The Clone Wars

They'll pretty much have to do one.

In the ROTS comic yeah.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Maybe she was a prisoner.

14. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    With her lightsaber in hand, leading and fighting among clone troopers? :confused:

And according to Wookieepedia with a Padawan no less? o_O

Man the Jedi treat their prisoners really well. [face_dancing]

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well OBVIOUSLY we can't decalre anything non-canon so she was clearly brainwashed into evil and let back into the Jedi Order as well as promoted once cleansed.

16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I guess Barriss was right about the Jedi being completely corrupted by the war. They're so desperate for soldiers not only are they letting a terrorist fight for them, they're assigning her a padawan.

DarthJenari and BoromirsFan like this.
  17. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Yeah I know. That thing whose existence I try to ignore.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Other options are she repented, the Jedi forgave her, and Anakin is angry beyond BELIEF.

Gamiel likes this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Though I don't post here often, I've lurked enough to know that most of us probably need to reacquaint ourselves with the L-canon thread, particularly this post with a number of possibilities to reconcile Barriss' turn with her eventual Order 66 fate. Basically, the options are Barriss is on parole and her Padawan Zonder and Aayla Secura are actually her probation officers, Barriss leaves the Order and joins the Altisians before returning to war, or the Order gives her a Revan-esque mindwipe to make her forget everything leading to her fall, so that she returns to action as "dependable Barriss" once more.

If we have to avoid retconning her final fate, I'm personally most partial to the Revan mindwipe, since that makes the most sense to me and allows the smoothest transition to the events in Reversal of Fortune. But then again, that's only if you really think the PT-era Jedi Order would be amenable to such an extreme solution... I did like how Cooper mentioned that it could work as a "proof-of-concept for Depa," though.

CooperTFN likes this.
  20. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    This is Star Wars. Clones are the answer. That or do the PT thing where it's a new character who just happens to look identical and have the same role as a character from the previous movie.

Esg and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    YES!

22. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011
    Wouldn't mind the clone idea myself.

23. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Baarriss Offee
    Barriss Offeee
    Barriis Offee
    Barriss Ooffee

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    She ended up forgiven, reinstated in the Jedi Order and died during Order 66.

Esg and JackG like this.
  25. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Except there was no need for forgiveness, as the Jedi used the incident to set up Barriss for an undercover mission which she completed.

BoromirsFan and Esg like this.