main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Basic Celebration questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Good point echo! I was very lucky at CV, all but one of the pictures people took for me came out really good. I wasn't with anyone from my group at the Autograph Hall, so I was depending on the volunteers at the tables or the person in line behind me to take the picture for me.

2. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    If I ask any random person to take my photo, I always pre-frame the shot. Stand right next to them, aim the camera where you're gonna be, and set the zoom to where you want it. Then just ask the person to stay right where they are, focus, and take the shot.

If they insist on taking a few steps back... oh well.

3. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Random question that I have had for some time:

When are the school holidays next year in Orlando? In other words: are they free or not when we go to CVI and Disney (and Universal)?

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    K-12 if school is in session, they are IN. There first holiday is not unill Oct when they have conference's.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Where are you based? I run a national media company, always looking for good local videographers in markets that we don't have connections.

Ironically, Florida has been so far filled with some of the worst videographers we have hired anyway, speaking of Celebration VI. Maybe when I'm in Orlando I'll see if I can find any good Florida videographers haha. We've shot about, hmm, I don't know 9 or 10 videos in Florida this year, and I think with 3 videographers who I had chosen because their work was the best that I received, and they all stunk. Thank god my editor is good and can make magic out of garbage ;)

6. JohnnyRose

JohnnyRose Jedi Knight

Jun 2, 2011
    Bowen,
    I know the feeling. I've had to re-edit other videographer's works as well. What was bad about what they did? I'm based in Baltimore, MD. You can find my website on my member page on here.

7. Exar_Xan

Dec 29, 2001
    Since I wasnt able to get a VIP ticket I am wondering now what the avarage waiting times were last time to get into panels and for autographs?

8. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    For autographs, it depends who you're waiting for. Most of the $20 actors didn't take too long...maybe 30 min to an hour at most. It was the big names that people were waiting for hours for- Mark Hammil, Carrie Fischer, Anthony Daniels and Ray Park to name some of them. It all depends on what number you get on your autograph ticket for the big namers.

9. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    With numbered tickets implemented for the bigger names, I don't think it was too bad getting autographs from any of the guests. Though I must admit, I don't actually remember how long I was in line for.

As for the panels, I only got in line 10-20 minutes before the panel was to begin. Of couse this means I wasn't near the front, but I was there, and that was good enough for me. Never bothered with The Main Event though.

10. Exar_Xan

Dec 29, 2001
    That sounds about what I noticed in London with CE then, and much more favorable then the hour or longer that I heard while Googling this question around.

Great then I know all for now, just wondering now if I should try to become an Official Pix volunteer for the sunday or not since I still think it could interfer with seeing the shows possibly.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Of course volunteering makes you miss some of the shows, but you get another kind of experience instead. You just have to choose which one you prefer.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Iv been to the last 4 Celebrations and have never volunteered. I would like to but every time I go I always go with a group and they never want to. For 6 , My 10 year old will be with me and he wont want to just sit there for 3 hrs.I hope to have that opportunity at some point in the future celebrations.

13. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Right after the George Lucas interview, I got right back in line for Anthony Daniels' interview and waited something like over an hour until it started. I was very close to the front of that line, which got really long, so if there are big interviews you want to see back to back, you almost have to turn around and get right back in line.

Speaking of volunteers, were all those staffers in the blue Clone Wars shirts volunteers or were they employees of Reed or the convention center or Lucasfilm? Were they locals or from elsewhere?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.