main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bay City, MI Bay City . . . . how film-friendly would it be?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Padawan_John, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm hoping to finally get a film made in the coming year. I've got a fairly solid script, and a small (but dedicated) cast and crew. I don't want to give a whole lot away just yet.

Anyway, I was in Bay City today and stopped by Wenonah Park. I was walking around the "Friendship Shell" and that general area, considering it for a possible filming location. Does anyone here know how difficult it would be to get a filming permit for that location? Or who to even talk to?

Also, if filming ever happens, would anyone here be willing to be in the background of a few shots?

nyar.
    :-B

2. JediHutt

JediHutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Do it gorrilla style, seriously. Even if the cops come around to hassle you just plead ignorance. Unless you're bringing in dolly's and cranes no-one will care. If you really want to stay legit the chamber of commerce is the blue building on the corner of 5th and Saginaw street not too far from the shell. They will have the information you need, if not the forms.

3. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Excellent. Thanks for the info.

This would be just one scene, early in the film, which lasts less than five minutes. It wouldn't take more than an hour to film, methinks. Maybe I'll take my chances and go guerilla. I'll just have to check the schedule and make sure nothing else is actually scheduled for filming date(s).

Now . . . . how many of ya'll have Jedi robes hanging in your closets?

nyar.
    [face_devil]

4. POLARIUS

POLARIUS Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    have a sith cloak in mine and can probably make the robes

5. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    Hmmm . . . . okay. I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Are there any other interesting locations I should consider with this?

(Yes, same guy, just a different account.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.