main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Baycon Photo Links!

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Found some pictures of certain Jedi I know on the Golden Gate Garrison site. Including one of "The Negotiator" apparently attempting some diplomacy with an unimpressed trooper. Heh. ;)

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/baycon05

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFL - Hmm. also looks from this angle like "someone" is grabbing the lightsaber blade. Honestly, it was below the blade...honest! :)

Hey Thanks for sharing!

3. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Tsk tsk. ;)

Ok, if you're not into THAT picture, here are some good ones from Didjiman, aka ImageCraft Studios.

http://www.dragonsgate.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3071&page=6&sort=8&perpage=12&=

They just went online early this morning, apparently. You can even order big prints, and the quality of them is lovely. I think you'll be happy with yours, especially in light of the utter lack of photos from CIII. You should peruse the whole set--there are some of the Mandalorians and a Stormtrooper and a few other Star Wars related ones as well.

I'm happy with mine, although I have the Amazing Non-Functional Lightsaber. *sigh* Of course, the one time I have the BLADE in the saber, nobody is around, including all of you!!! You left while I went out to the car!!!

Anyway, Photoshop, here I come!

4. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks for posting the photos, I never seem to get the shots I want at a convention, too busy playing the part.

I really like the shots of DLS and "Master" Kenobi having it out. The poses were a little odd, and I think if we had just done it as we wanted they would have been even better. That, and if I could ever get the grin off my face, it would be a little better as well.

Thanks for offering your photoshop exp as well, maybe I'll take out the backgrounds on a few shots and send them to you for dressing up. I can think of so much we could do with DLS holding the balloon from last year...

Here are some of the best shots I took from CIII as well.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dark_lord_sid00@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=a326&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done

DLS00

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I'll dive into the CIII pics after lunch! Just saw you posted the link! YAY!!!! (Edit: Ok, saw the pics! Love them! Particularly like the one of you and Anakin in front of the Falcon, and the one of Kenobi and Qui Gonn. Great stuff!!!!!)

But for now, more pics of youse guys at Baycon, on cosplay.com

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?BRSR=520&userid=1927&cat=17174&sort=

and here

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?BRSR=580&userid=1927&cat=17174&sort=

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    LOVED the pic with the balloon from last year. I remember that from the dance and it just KILLING me.

7. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Ooooo, Nice! Hey, maybe one of you can show me how to post photos on line, please? I hope to have the ones I took later today. I will let ya know how they came out.

8. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Basically, you need webspace, or you need an account at one of the many photohosting services, or a paid lj-account, something like that. Do you have any of these? If so, maybe I can walk you through. If not, then you need to research where you want your pics uploaded TO, first--like Yahoo photos, etc.

9. Siri-Tachi

Siri-Tachi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Okay. I will look for a site. I got the pictures! Some of them really came out nice. Will have to share as I can.

10. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    There are several, if not many, photo sharing web sites out there. Beware, however, all require some sort of registration, which means they have your email address at the very least, so look into the requirements and conditions. Also, some are not very selective about what gets posted, mainly they don't do much to screen offensive material, and we don't want someone who is looking for our pics to wind up looking at... other things. So, check into who sponsors them, how they make their money (no one is doing this for free, you know, you may see ads at the very least), and how long they have been around.

I have a Yahoo! account which allows me to store photos online, you might start with your provider and see if they have something similar. Yahoo! does it as an bonus for it's subscribers, but also it brings non subscribers to their page as well, so it's good for their bottom line as well.

DLS00

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh Siiiiid! You've been caught sunbathing!

http://baconninjamonkey.com/photos/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=BayCon2005&id=DSC01797

12. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Wow, what a stunning tan I have!

13. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Forget the tan, I was noticing the "waves" and upheaval of a normally still pool! Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm!

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Are you saying that the pool was experiencing a disturbance in the Force, or was just plain unnerved at having the Emperor near it? Perhaps a lizard named Boga had just done a cannonball at the other end? The possibilities are endless...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.