main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Billie Gates is Not My Lover: The Xbox 360 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 17, 2006.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Didn't Tom Clancy's:EndWar use voice commands? And since that was pre-Kinect I assume the headset was used (I never played it)

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    ^^^ Rainbow six Vegas on the original x box used voice commands too.

Guess what I learned this weekend...

Just because you can five star a song on Dance Central doesn't mean you look good doing it or can actually dance.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I caved in and bought a Kinect yesterday, along with Dance Central, Kinectimals, and Kinect Sports. So far I've only played the packed in game, Kinect Adventures, and am honestly having a blast with it. Reflex Ridge is exhausting when you get to the later stages where you're required to duck, jump, duck, jump, etc. for quite a ways with little breaks in between. I got to the point where I used my discarded shirt to wipe sweat from my brow. :p

Each of the mini-games are fun to play around with. Of the five, my favorite is Reflex Ridge, where you're on a track and you have to move your body to dodge obstacles and collect medallions. My least favorite is by far Rally Ball (introduced at E3 2009 under the title Ricochet), which has you hitting a dodgeball back and forth to break obstacles. A lot of times I'll miss the ball completely even though it feels like I should've hit it. The avatar can be pretty unresponsive in it, but it's still a good time.

I'll be trying out the other games soon, but right now I'm having too much fun with Adventures to stop.

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Welcome to the club, Kinect Adventures is great fun, I completely agree with you on Reflex Ridge, it's not as pedestrian as some of the Wii stuff.

There is another gem of a minigame which involves you standing in a big cube on the bottom of the ocean, the fish bash it and make holes in it which you have to plug with various limbs (including your head!).

5. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Dance Central is also a total blast. And I've never liked dancing.

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I was playing it the other day. SOOO much fun. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Until it starts taking photos of me dancing. Anyone know if there's a way to turn it off? [face_plain]

7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    The photos are hilarious, especially if you've got a friend freestyling with you.

8. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    From now on, I just look away when it starts showing the photos of me dancing. :p

9. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I do recall hearing you can turn it off in the Options menu, but I haven't investigated it yet.

10. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    New XBOX at E3 2012, showing off Time Splitters 3, reports say.

I'm hopeful but skeptical. I don't know if they'd announce a new system the same year Halo 4 is coming out. Why not just put Halo 4 on the new system to help sell it?

11. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Found it:

Options -> A/V Settings -> Disable photos.

:D

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    TfAnyone else notice a problem with their 360-S? Both a friend and i noticed that our Slims now take a minute or so to start up...Both are pretty new [face_worried]

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I had a similar issue and the problem wound up being my hard drive. Try clearing your system cache first though. If that doesn't work you can call up Microsoft and they should replace your hard drive for free if it's less than a year old. If you can, transfer important saves and such to a USB drive just in case.

14. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    See, that's what I thought when they announced Halo 4. It doesn't make any sense why they'd put it on the 360 when the next system is (apparently) so close to fruition. Having Halo 4 as a launch title for the next Xbox would guarantee an initial sales success. But instead they're banking on Time Splitters? :confused:

15. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Obviously, you've never played a Time Splitters game. :p

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Regardless if I have or not (I haven't), it's not a franchise that's instantly recognizable where each entry sets records in terms of sales the way Halo is. If anything, I'd reverse things: Announce a new Time Splitters trilogy for the 360 and take more time on Halo 4 to launch it simultaneously with the next system. But I'm not Microsoft. I'm sure I'll buy their next console day of (unless they give us Xbox U), and if Time Splitters 4 is a launch title I'll buy that too. The promise of a new console is definitely exciting, I just question Microsoft's handling of their flagship franchise.

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The new xbox better not suffer from hardware failure [face_plain]

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Dream on! :p

Seriously, a sophisticated and complex piece of hardware like a next gen game console are always prone to some sort of hardware failure. We the customers are, usually, the guinea pigs in these experiments since hardware failures usually show up after prolongued use of said new, untested piece of hardware.

Funny, this is the first time I'm hearing word of this new Xbox, since I hadn't read a word about it on all the news I've skimmed on E3. I guess it's just about time, since the 360 is definitely showing its age and can no longer be considered as a stand alone home entertainment center. It'd also make more sense sales wise to attach Halo 4 (if it is indeed the start of a new trilogy) to it as a the best possible launch app, just like Halo: CE did all those years ago for Xbox 1.

19. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    This was my first reaction too. I remember sinking countless hours into Time Splitters 3 with my friend. I don't know what it was about that game but it just never got old.

As for the new Xbox, this is either completely bunk, or Halo 4 will end up being a launch title. As mentioned, if this is the start of a new trilogy, it would make no sense for Microsoft to launch it on 360. I'm sure the title will sell either way, but I'd imagine a huge jump in sales if Halo 4 launched with the next gen system. It's just logic.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I didn't hear anything about Half Life 2: Episode 3 either, but it was there.

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Had a bbq today so I had a bunch of friends with their kids over. Tried to fire up some sega racing for the kids and wow, what a pain in the butt it is to setup split screen multiplayer on the 360. Everyone needs to sign in or the console needs to be offline, the xbox scratched up my game cuz the kids moved it just a little bit mid game. Ugh. I seriously think I might be done with the xbox consoles all together.

22. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
  23. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Typical damage control.

24. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh joy, a new update for the 360 has been released. I was hoping to have a nice cup of tea and a quick game of Kill Team before walking the dog. That's still the plan but it might be dark before the dog gets walked. [face_plain]

25. Z3PO

Z3PO Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2011
    Bye bye now.