main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Black-Dog's Redone Miniatures (Updated June 13, 2010: Mini Invasion

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Black-Dog, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the vong ship and those other figures.

Great work again=D==D=

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Very nice! The coralskipper is very nice!

Love your Deliah too.=D=

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice! The ships look great, but it's Delilah that takes it! She has such a strong fan base, I could see something like this being VERY popular! I find it so cool that you're "recycling" old figures from other sources to make some of these--what a great idea! Keep it going!

FF

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
  5. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Your Sith is really cool! I like Lowie too.:cool: =D=

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Cool! Lowbacca!! We see so little of him in fan or pro-art (I'm as guilty as anyone there...), so this is wonderful! Love the pose and the colors--great job with him! I, too, like that Sith--very threatening-looking, particularly with that mask--great work with his costuming there, too! The Black Queen and Madri priest are great, as well--nice character "descriptions" there, with a lot of mystery about them! Great work on all of these!

FF

7. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks very much, Jag and Falcon. I got Zead?s name from one of them Castlevania games, Curse of Darkness to be precise.

Here?s a few more repainted miniatures. Plus to those wondering, I haven?t got the mini I want to remake into Wolverine, but the shop that has them will be mailing it out to me either later this week or sometime next week. I?ve got some substitute minis to use instead, but I?ll wait until the end of the month for the one I prefer to redo.

I will do a custom Wolvie mini, one way or another. :)

Star Wars:

Winter

Twitch, the Rodian duelist from KOTOR

Twitch, the Gungan duelist from Forces of Corruption.

Marvel:

A Crawler, an evil clone of Nightcrawler from the future.

Chamber, as he appeared in the Weapon X comics.

Hope you all had a happy Easter. :)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the Sith and the KotOR characters and Winter she is nice.

And Lowbacca is great=D=

9. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thank you earlybird. :) I?ve been meaning to do one of Winter for a while, and Lowie is my first remade Wookiee mini.

With a Jedi Guardian mini, the one that looked like KOTOR2?s Atris, I did a bit of reworking on her. Imprieed by the covers of The Unseen Queen and LoTF: Exile, I have her look like Leia from those times.

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/leiajedi.jpg]

One of my favorite types of minis to paint over are R5 Astromech Droids. While I?ve ran out of the little guys to do, here are one that?s I?ve given new looks.

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r51.jpg]

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r52.jpg]

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r53.jpg]

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r54.jpg]

[image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r55.jpg]

For the last two droids, I?ve based their colors on holidays.

R5 Halloween Droid
    [image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r5halloween.jpg]

R5 Christmas Droid
    [image=http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp254/Jagger_Slade/Minis/r5christmas.jpg]

10. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I really like the customizing of Delilah Blue and the Yorik-et, I never would have spotted the shape similarity between that and a Jedi starfighter. Amazing stuff as usual :D Can't wait to see more.

11. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Coolness !! I like the look for Dark nest Leia, sort of Rouge-ish ^__~ It's also nice that's it's different from the old cinnamon buns.
    I also like your Lowbecca, he looks great ^^ They're all very good ^__^
    I'd love to see a custom Jacen or Jaina... [face_love]

12. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Blue: Thanks very much, glad you like the non-YV works. :) Have you seen my repainted shaper mini at EUC?

Kiyuuchan: Thanks for the compliments, :) and the shop where I get my minis from have found the one I intend to remake into Wolverine. After they find more for my collections this weekend, I?ll have them send out the minis to me next week. Hopefully it won?t take long for them to arrive and I?ll start on Logan ASAP.

As for custom Jacen?n?Jaina minis, I?ll try to find a suitable mini that could be turn into Jacen. As with Wolverine, it may take a while.

Jaina on the other hand, I've got a suitable mini for the job and have started to do some adjustments prior to a paint job. I?ll try to have that one done and up by this coming weekend.

Well, here?s some alien minis + others that I?ve remade into Sith, mainly those from Darth Krayt?s organization:

Darth Stryfe the only character of this group that isn't an OC.

The rest of these are OCs.

Darth Cercé

Darth Cyc

Darth Manis

Darth Tusque

Darth Zelit

13. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I have seen it now BD :D Awesome stuff, silver really suits them, nice work as usual! :cool:

I also really love your OC's, Darth Cerce being my fave, is that a modified nightsister mini? Stryfe looks abseloutely awesome, they really should create a mini of him if he's not on the books to be commissioned yet.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice detailed Sith. All are great figures showing your great skill=D==D=

15. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Blue, glad ye like my shaper mini, it didn?t turn out the way I hoped it would (Nei Rin), but it?d probably make a decent OC. And yes, I used a Nightsister Sith Witch to make into Darth Cercé. I?m kinda surprised that an actual mini of Darth Stryfe hasn?t been done yet.

Earlybird, thanks for the compliments :). Painting new Sith is one of my favorite things to do with the minis. That, and recoloring R5 droids.

Well, as requested I was able to remake minis in to Jacen and Jaina Solo. And here are the twins.

Jaina Solo, inspired by her looks in the LotF: Invincible cover, as well as of the Japanese cover of Destiny?s Way.

Jacen Solo, based on the Japanese cover of The Joiner King.

Here are some other custom minis of mine.

A Gorog Killik, repainted from a D&D mini.

Also, here?s the repainted Yuuzhan Vong Shaper that I?ve displayed at the YV Homeworld in the EUC.

Siryn (X-Corporation), daughter of the former X-Man Banshee. I used the same type of mini to make her as I did for Deliah Blue.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great works again and that killik is menacing. The shaper is great.

=D==D==D=

17. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Awesome! I love your Jacen and Jaina, the Killik rocks.=D=

18. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    *squees* the solo twins !!! ^__^ thank you ! they look awesome, I so want to play with them ^____^
    I always liked the killiks, it's so cool to see one, and a very good job too. Exactly as I imagined the gorog.

I'm so jealous of this ;) the best I can do is cardboard cutouts
    Can I ask, do you play with them or are they ornaments ? I kind of have a fascination for dolls so I would play with them all the time ! ^____^

19. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks again for the comments people. :) Glad you like the Solos and the Gorog. I tried to make the shaper to appear more like Nei Rin, but could only do so much since the shaper hand was on the other arm.

Well, I do like to fiddle with them on rare occasions, but the vast majority of the time I has them on display in certain parts of the house. Mainly my room and my computer desk.

BTW, I still haven?t got the mini that I?m gonna redo as Wolverine. But the shop that has them is still holding it for me. It?s gonna be a while yet before I can customize a Logan, but I?m not forgetting about him. ;)

So anyhoo, here?s some Mandalorian minis repainted with some parts add/replaced:

Sherruk, the Jedi-killing Mandalorian from the first KOTOR game.

The next two Mandos are OCs:

Nara Krev

Sydic Conn

Using the same type of Elf mini from D&D, I?ve redone them into two of the more popular characters from the first Exiles comic series (2001) by Marvel.

Blink

Nocturne who, from an alternate reality, is the daughter of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice those Mandalorians and the metal shining so brightly. Great job=D==D=

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    These are great - I really like your Mandos! =D=

22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    :eek:

So many up-dates while I was on my holidays in Germany, dear Black-Dog...

:D

... all of them are brilliant and show that your art is more than just recycling. It is something unique, vivid and vibrant.

*goes into a frantic Kermit the frog applause: =D=*

23. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks people. Glad you liked the looks of my Mando minis. :) Here?s a few alien minis, including a couple from the Prequels.

Darth Plagueis, Palpatine?s master.

San Hill

Wat Tambor, mainly a Techno Union Warrior mini with a darker colors. That be the only difference between this repaint and the regular version.

I?ve also gotten a few Heroclix figures a while back and gave a few of them new looks.

Strong Guy from the Age of Apocalypse

Martinique Jason, daughter of Mastermind. Repainted from someone named Agent Brand.

Morph

Using a spare Human Bodyguard mini, I changed it into something not from the usual stuff I does. Now he be a famous pro-wrestler from the WWF/E.

The Undertaker

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool!

25. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thank you NYCitygurl :).

Using a pen top and some pieces of hard plastic, I?ve made a Pursuer-class vessel, the same type of ship as Boba Fett?s Slave II from Dark Empire. While not really a mini, it?s about the size of one.

Here it is.

After seeing the kickass animated web series G.I. Joe: Resolute, it gave me new ideas for my spare Star Wars minis. Using some SW spares and 1 D&D mini, I?ve remade them into some G.I. Joe and Cobra characters.

G.I. Joe:

Flint

Lady Jaye

Snake-Eyes

Scarlett

Cobra:

Storm Shadow

Firefly

An Incinerator soldier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.