main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Blame Nat' sequel to What if Anakin met Natalie.(upd 07/30 "I love palpy"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sabrelight, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    This is part 2 of 'What if Anakin met Natalie Portman,'

short synopsis
    Anakin and Natalie are married(secretly), and called to Naboo so that Natalie can impersonate the dead Queen Amidala and bail Naboo out of disaster.

How did Natalie get to the GFFA and how did she become the Queen? Read part one to find out.
    What if Anakin met Natalie Portman

This is a joint venture between Excal, Jade_max, bellyup, Jedi_Suzuran and me.

The last part ended with Obi-Wan and Anakin doing a very bad job of preparing Natalie aka the Naboo Queen for a not so grand welcome at the Theed spaceport. They stand before the ships ramp as it lowers.

May I have the honor? Obi-Wan said as he offered Natalie his arm.
    She was nervous and so gladly accepted. Anakin knew his place well; he would follow a few steps back, guarding the rear.

?Calm down, Nat!? He whispered, patting her shoulder gently. ?There is nothing to worry about, just be yourself.?

?I hope I don?t have to make a speech or something?? She said with a hint of apprehension.

?Don?t worry! I told Panaka to keep it hush-hush. Just the council members, handmaiden?s and your security personal will be there.? Obi-Wan assured her.

?And Anakin, from now on you will call her Padmé in private and ?Your highness,? in public!?

?Yes master!? Anakin intoned. ?What?s that noise??

Natalie gulped, ? It sounds like a huge crowd.?

The ramp was down almost half way to reveal a sea of heads and flaying hands.

?Blazes! What the??? Obi-Wan hissed.

?Damn!? Anakin added under his breath.

Natalie tightened her hold on Obi-Wan as she took in the horde that stretched from the landing pad all the way across the vast spaceport, that nestled at the edge of Theed highlands.

The ramp came down fully. Panaka was the first one on-board. ?Welcome your highness,? He said bowing before Natalie.

?What this?? Obi-wan said as he flicked his hand irately towards the open ramp, his face red with pent-up anger. ?I thought I told you to keep the lid on it.?

?The media got a hold of it somehow and now we have not only the whole of Theed but also thousands of visitors from the neighboring cities here to welcome their Queen. It was impossible and unwise to turn them off.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, feeling sorry for the young girl but he had no choice in the matter.

Panaka led the way, the pretending queen and the Jedi following him down the ramp. Panaka?s men lined the narrow path that cut through the teeming crowd, hands locked to keep it back. Natalie blinked indelicately trying to accustom her eyes to the bright Naboo sun.

As soon as the entourage stepped onto the tarmac their path was blocked by an excited throng who pushed through the barricade of security officers as they struck out an array of microphones and comm devices at the queen. All of them speaking at once; bombarding her with questions after questions.

?I uhhmm?? She began but Obi-Wan elbowed them all aside with one powerful heave.

Panaka led them to a small podium; again, he got the look from Obi-Wan,

?She can?t disappoint so many people who?ve been waiting for hours under the hot sun for her. She just has to thank them, nothing fancy,? he said with a helpless shrug.

?Its OK, Obi-Wan, ? she said stepping forward. ?Thanking them should not be difficult.?

?Are you sure?? He asked, a bit skeptical of her self-confidence.

She began to ascend the steps, but Anakin stopped her pointing to her hood. She thanked him and pulled the hood back, hoping no one would get close enough to notice the second-rate job on her hair.

The crowd broke into ear splitting cheers as she mounted the podium. They were like the waves of a restless sea undulating up and down, thousands of colorful flags and banners waving upon their crests.

The speech was short and simple. She thanked them for their warm welcome and

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hmmm, for some reason the beginning is posted twice on one post...

LOL! That was funny, I like how Panaka thinks it's actually Amidala.. and Obi-Wan's reaction *grin*

3. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    I just wonder how Panaka and Obi will handle being told the truth as to how Natalie knows how to be Amidala. [face_devil]

They'll probably freak out. [face_laugh]

4. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    *grins* -that- will be a fun scene to write if it happens *chuckle*

5. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    Yesssssssssssssss! That was great. Well worth waiting for. Ok, must calm self down so that I don't hyperventilate waiting impatiently for the next post. :D

6. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Ohh this is good.
    Humm, I wonder if I can imatate Amidala? I know tackling one of her outfits would be a challenge. I know if I had one of them on, I'd BE in charactor very fast.

Great job, although I don't see Obi Wan getting angry or mad as much as he is here. Doesn't seem to be "him".

7. Jedistar89

Jedistar89 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Awesome post sabre ! :D
    Natalie is a natural.
    Uppers ! :D

8. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks guys.

Max: thanks a ton for pointing out the double post. I updated three stories yesterday-that kept me from 10 pm to 3 am in the night.

George: Youu wont' have to wait that long this time, cuz we have half doz writers working on it. It'll pick up pace.

jauzhmynn:I felt Obi quite out of character-when I wrote 'red with rage' but then He does seem to have a tendency to loose his cool when people don't follow his orders. And he has spent two days closeted with a rather funny girl and a padawan who has completely lost his sync.

Jedistar: Yes we all know why ;)

"Sith council' Cool. New fic new colors-we must be very lucky.

I posted to Knight of Darkness, the posst is titled 'I want to be a Sith,' And the next day the forums say-SITH COUNCIL. Canny isn't it.

9. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Alright Dear Readers, welcome back to the further adventrues of Nat and Ani! YOurs truly will be responsible for the next installment, so prepare yourselves...

10. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, what a wonderful beginning! :)

I can't wait for the next post! :)
    ~*Monica*~

11. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Not as long to wait you say? You should be carful when you say that or I may become more...shall we say demanding. 8-}

Anyway, its time for the morning UP!

12. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Up! and Up again!

13. Jedistar89

Sep 7, 2002
    Uppp ! :D

Can't wait for the next post !!!

14. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, cool story! It's cool how you made Nat so much like Amidala!

I'm going to have to find some time to read the prequel, too.

15. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Hehe...Bobill, you'll have to find a LOT of time to read the prequel! It's super long!

16. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Bobill its long but you better start right away or you'll be left behind. It will be time well spent-especially if you need to laugh a bit.

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    This is great! I can't wait to read more!

18. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Great beginning sabre! I can't wait to see more!

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

19. Jedistar89

Sep 7, 2002
    Upperz !!! :D

*Crossing fingers for a post very soon* :D

20. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks! Bellyup will be doing the next post.

21. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I just posted the first part of my fanfic and nobody has read it yet.. :_|

22. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
  23. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    jedi night: just give us a link and i will drop by...i'm sure the rest will to! :)

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Yes, Jedi knight paste the link here, or better in your sig and we'll check it out.

25. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.