main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Boba Fett in The Clone Wars (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, I don't think I would mind so much, so long as his reasons are more along the lines of "revenge doesn't pay".

Matter of fact, I remember a Boba Fett comic where he deals with a revenge plot and comments on how stupid the whole idea of revenge is.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Sorry, it was meant as a joke. [face_peace] Whenever I mention them, everyone says they haven't read them yet.

Nobody seems to like my humor here...

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Humour is a delicate thing in discussion boards. Sorry to have misinterpreted your post, it's just that I'm a bit fed up with fans who look down on other fans just because they haven't consumed the same material.

4. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I haven't read the books actually.

But here you go:

http://tv.ign.com/articles/108/1081573p1.html

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Huh. That's actually does tie into the books rather well.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Impressive that they would maintain the continuity with a young reader novel.

7. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Would he even fit in it? Maybe the helmet? Personally, I hope he doesn't put it on until he is ready and committed and over the demons of his father's "murder."

8. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I think you just found the episode's fortune cookie! "Revenge doesn't pay" LOL. Is it just me or are they getting more and more "simple" as the week's roll on?

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I hope he doesn't don the full armor, it wouldn't be right. We've seen he does wear the armor's kneeguards and belt, and I think that's enough. Although I think it would be all right if he wore just the flame-throwing gauntlet at some point.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, I think at this point, Filoni's proven that the team does TRY to stick to continuity, until The Maker overrides them.

When Lucas is speaking ex cathedra, there's not a whole lot you can do.

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    In Grievous Intrigue we catch the first glimpse of Tera Sinube and some younglings who appear later in Lightsaber Lost. But we also get a glimpse of a green skinned Twi'lek, and blue skinned Mon Calamari, and "Sora Bulq," all of who haven't appeared outside of that episode. I wonder if they'll crop up in the finale. They are all potentially throw away Jedi that can be killed off, unlike Mace.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sora Bulq was in Grievous Intrigue?:eek:

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Maybe. There is a Weequay standing in the room with Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc. when they are receiving the transmission from Grievous.

According to the episode guide on the official site, he was referred to as "Sora Bulq" behind the scenes.

15. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Boba Fett theme in the new promo: =D=

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    The model was BASED on Sora Bulq but was not (cannot be) Sora Bulq.

17. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Why not?

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    IIRC, at this point in time, Sora Bulq is either presumed missing, leading a faction of protesting Jedi, or working for the Confederacy. Then again, it's possible that there's a time when he went back to being a Jedi again for awhile.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Chances are if Filoni wants to put Bulq in TCW, Lucas probably isn't going to retread the material in the EU of him turning to the Dark Side and allying with Dooku. I don't think we can make the assumption that it can't be Sora Bulq based on what's going on in the EU, since the EU covering the character will probably be completely ignored.

I figure either it's him, and the EU about him will get thrown out the window, or it's not him and he'll never appear in TCW. I figure the prior since Filoni had mentioned exploring EU characters and had mentioned Sora Bulq specifically on at least one occasion.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "The Jedi war room includes a number of new Jedi character models, including a Weequay Jedi (labeled Sora Bulq in design documents), a Nikto Jedi (labeled "Makis Shaalas"), a Roonan Jedi (Tukker Val Loo), a new Twi'lek Jedi (Finn Ertay) and a blue Mon Calamari (Eekar Oki). The long-tailed beak nosed Cosian is Terra Sinube, who will feature in a future episode, "Lightsaber Lost." The younglings that Ahsoka Tano tends to will also appear in that episode. "

I guess that's a little vague.

21. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I would like to see this explored in TCW, even if it's not Sora Bulq.

22. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010

haha, well I think the show works with continuity quite well itself, but that's because I'm not super picky to the point where no expectations can be met.lol

This show is mainly targeted at a whole new generation of fans who may have been too young to consume a lot of the EU material so it really works more WITHIN the rest of the EU rather than WITH the rest of the EU.

I think this finale will be great since we KNOW what happens to Boba in the future and the kind of person he becomes so it will be neat to see what events shape both the good and bad parts of Boba's character cause he does become a ruthless bounty hunter but he also becomes a father and then a powerful leader.

23. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    I'd not expect the episode to really support any of the later stuff, I think we'll just see the start of the ruthless bounty hunter, not any Mandalorian saviour. If Fett is expected to be in the Live Action series I think we'll have to be prepared to unlearn everything we have learned about him.

24. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Here's a feature about Boba's Clone Wars appearance in EMPIRE MAGAZINE with Daniel Logan talking and some clips:

link

25. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    Wow, it's amazing how bad ass Boba is at only thirteen years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.