main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba Fett, Jaster Mareel, and this Episode II SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Ok I was wondering What Jaster Meeral has to do with Boba Fett. I amm not a Fett fan myself so have never really nread much about him. Now I'm also hearing this new spoiler from Episode 2. Big Spoiler Below.

Fett is a clone of a one Jango Fett. I was wondering if anyone new or had theries explaining all these names and who is the real Fett.
    Thanx!

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    well if they decide to keep the jaster mareel story as part of continuity, or if us fans of star wars apply our own fixes.

possibilites:

1. It was a story spread around about fett, to hide his true identity

2. Some point in boba fett's life, he took on the Alias Jaster Mareel to hide from his past, and worked on concord dawn. He later returned back to his original name.

3. same as number 2, but includes fett, spreading rumors that that was his true identity, so as to hide from his true true identity of being jango fett's clone son.

3. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    thanks dude. Where exacly did Meeral come in?

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Jaster Mereel is from Tales of the Bounty Hunters, from the tale 'The Last One Standing'

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    ok actually i was just going to start reading his story.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Pretty much agree with Valentio. According to Steve Sansweet, it was a rumor. But I prefer to think of it like number two. If you know the rest of the spoilers, then you can see that could be what happens.

7. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    It could very well work, but if it gets included in his backstory by the EU later on (one can only hope), I hope they also include his time with the Mandalorian Supercommandos (as mentioned in the Marvel series by Fenn Shysa) and his time with the Stormtroopers (as mentioned in Dark Empire II). It can work, but, Fett certainly did have a full life back then.

8. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Hi...Jaster Mereel here to clear some things up......but what i'm going to say about me has some of what you people call spoilers in it...so BE WARNED...

EP2 SPOILER WARNING

A: Cloned/Son of Jango...raised and survives EP2 and EP3...

EP2 SPOILER WARNING OVER

B: i have amnesia and a lack of marvel on my shelves so i can't quite remember this Shysa person...

C: durring my early adult hood/late teens i became Journeyman Protector under this name and that can be found in LOS in TotBH...

D: that DEII Dark Siders accusing me of being a former stormtrooper is obviously their own incompitance in either miss-relaying or incorrectly gathering information about point C......if you replace Storm Trooper with Journeyman Protector...their story is true......asside from that they have no clue what they're talking about......

E: BHW is pure ficton and is filled with lies......jeter is Bossk's PR agent and was hired to make him look good and me look bad......even so, he couldn't write that well anyway......

Hope i cleared some stuff up for you...

Jaster Mereel
    {The above judgements are the opinions/strong beliefs of this poster and not nessesarly of any Lucas released info}

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The above judgements are the opinions/strong beliefs of this poster and not nessesarly of any Lucas released info"

Good as long as we got that clear, ;).

10. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999

B: i have amnesia and a lack of marvel on my shelves so i can't quite remember this Shysa person...

Fenn Shysa, Mandalorian Rebel. Fights the Empire and slavers who run amok on his homeworld, Mandalore.

D: that DEII Dark Siders accusing me of being a former stormtrooper is obviously their own incompitance in either miss-relaying or incorrectly gathering information about point C......if you replace Storm Trooper with Journeyman Protector...their story is true......asside from that they have no clue what they're talking about......

It's possible, although remember, in LMS, you mention that if they exile you, you could always end up joining the Imperials, remarking that you'd make a good stormtrooper. Maybe after you did get exiled, you did become one?
    }

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    actually DE sourcebook if I remember right talks about how he was a stormtrooper serving some time on Carida.

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Wasn't there an old trading card that said he had been a Stormie?

13. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    This is my (highly conjectural) take on it all, reprinted from an earlier thread:

c. 60 BSW4 -- Jaster Mereel is born on Concord Dawn.

40 BSW4 -- Mereel becomes a Journeyman Protector on Concord Dawn.

35 BSW4(?) -- Mereel murders his superior officer and is exiled from Concord Dawn. He finds his way to Mandalore, where he sets up a new identity -- Jango Fett. Through rigorous training and testing, Fett is allowed to join the Mandalorian warriors (including Tobi Dala and Fenn Shysa). This is where the Firespray-class Slave I and the infamous armor and mask come from.

22 BSW4 -- Episode II. Boba Fett is created from Jango Fett's DNA and aged to about 12. After (HIDDEN SPOILERS), Boba takes the Slave I back to Mandalore and is raised to adulthood by the Mandalorians, including Shysa and Dala.

20 BSW4 -- Episode III. 14-year-old Boba Fett possibly joins the Mandalorians at the Emperor's behest in an (ultimately futile) attempt to hunt down the pregnant Padme Amidala.

c.15 BSW4 -- Now an adult, Fett joins the Imperial Navy and is accepted as a stormtrooper. But, like his "dad", he can't stand authority (especially corrupt authority). He kills his superior officer and bolts, taking his dad's old ship and armor (eventually getting his own green-and-red set) and becoming a bounty hunter.

And the rest is history...

14. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Bigger spoiler

Someone very close to fett is killed by a jedi. Fett may decide to lead stormtroopes to extermanate a few jedi in the purge hence him being reported as a stormtrooper

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Chris, I like the idea of Jango being Jaster Mereel, except that in the story, Jaster mentions joining the Empire. And it wouldn't work if it took place that early.

Also, I get the sense that Fenn Shysa and Tobbi Dala are both the same age, or younger than Boba. It makes the attraction between Leia and Fenn a little more plausible if Fenn is Han's age.

16. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    i still don't really see any reason to accept the Dark Sider's story...they were rather incompetant bit part charachters who died quickly......theres no reason to put much faith in their claims......especialy considering who close they are to the tale told of Fett as Journeyman protector, with the only change being the title of Fett's position...

17. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    They may have been incompetant turds, but they were still the Reborn Emperor's personal Dark Side servants - a.k.a. Darksiders or Dark Side Adepts. They no doubt were gifted with Intelligence duties, and had access to the entire Imperial Vaults on Coruscant at one point. If anyone knew about Boba Fett's alleged time as a stormtrooper, it would be them, an Inquisitor, or Palpatine himself. There's no reason for them to present false information to Fett during the scuffle in Dark Empire II, unless they wanted to blackmail him, which they didn't. Also, the fact that a small reference is made in "The Last One Standing" just reinforces this information even more.

You're in denial about your past jastermereel. :)

18. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    exactly how old wouyld you say boba fett is?
    and is he human or a different race?
    cuz if he is in episode 2 and in books the are like 24 years after a new hope or jedi...he is one old mutha...
    :D

19. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, considering this thread can have AotC spoilers...

He's aprox. 12-years-old in the film. 14 during Episode III, if he ages as a normal human does. But I've been getting mixed reports lately. Someone else in PSA has been saying 10-years-old. I'll know next year.

20. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    The final possibility (the Radicalist Approach) is that the clone of Jango Fett is NOT the Boba Fett from Epire onwards. That at some point between the films Fett (the clone) was killed by Jaster - who then took his name and identity.

Of course its all just a story....

Yours

21. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Well, that would solve it! :)

22. jastermereel

Aug 19, 1998
    Sturm...what small refrence in Last One Standing reinforces the stormtrooper concept?...i mean the whole thing begins with his Concord Dawn story...but i don't remember anything about stormtroopership in there...

23. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Before he leaves Concord Dawn he tells Iving Creel that he'd "make a good stormtrooper".

The next segment, set 12 years BSW4, says that he'd become a bounty hunter after leaving the Imperial Army.

Also, Fett's first appearance in The Hutt Gambit (his appearance is set at 4 BSW4) says that he's been building his reputation for "a decade". So now we know when exactly he left the stormtroopers and became a bounty hunter!

24. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >c. 60 BSW4 -- Jaster Mereel is born on >Concord Dawn.
    >
    >40 BSW4 -- Mereel becomes a Journeyman >Protector on Concord Dawn.
    >
    >35 BSW4(?) -- Mereel murders his superior >officer and is exiled from Concord Dawn. He >finds his way to Mandalore, where he sets >up a new identity -- Jango Fett. Through >rigorous training and testing, Fett is >allowed to join the Mandalorian warriors
    >including Tobi Dala and Fenn Shysa). This >is where the Firespray-class Slave I and >the infamous armor and mask come from.
    >
    >22 BSW4 -- Episode II. Boba Fett is created >from Jango Fett's DNA and aged to about 12.

In THG, Fett thinks of himself as Jaster Mareel. How can this fit?

TC

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Whatever I think I'll stick with the chiss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.