main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boba's Armor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth-Vengence, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Vengence

Darth-Vengence Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I really do hope that George explains why Boba's armor is different in the OT than it was in the PT.

2. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    It's simple...it's moss from the moist atmosphere it was constantly surrounded by on Kamino. Moss is green, and so is most of Boba's armor. That would also explain why Boba fell into the Sarlacc so easily. Moss is slippery you know.

Or it could be that he just got a paint job to be different from his father so that people wouldn't think he's the same person. [face_plain]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's different armor. (Using EU references here..). In 'Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive', when Boba buries Jango on Geonosis, he hides Jango's armor in a cave and then leaves in Slave I. He keep Jango's helmet with him, however. In the 'New Essential Guide to Characters' writeup on Boba Fett, it says that "He (Boba) possessed Jango's reflexes, Jango's ship, Slave I, and a set of Mandalorian armor that had once belonged to Jaster Mereel, his father's mentor". So far in Boba's stories ('The Fight to Survive', 'Crossfire', and 'Maze of Deception') he has not gone back and retrieved Jango's armor.

4. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    It's the same armor for the most part, except Boba's looks more worn out then Jango's.

5. Fireant

Fireant Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    It's not the same only the helmet is. you can see the dent on Jangos and bobas is in the same place ( I may not be the same, but why would GL make a dent in the same place., i say that he wanted too show us that it is ment to be the same helmet). He painted it so it would match the rest of his body amour. But thats just my view.

6. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    We don't know if that's Jango's armor.

7. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    you can see the dent on Jangos and bobas is in the same place

But the dent is in a different place. The largest of Boba's helmet's dents (and the one which I assume you are referring to) is slightly lower on the left side of his helmet than the dent Jango got from crashing into the wall on Kamino (at least, that's how I think he got it). They're not even really the same shape. Jango's dent is practically a perfectly hemispherical indentation, while the perimeter and indent of Boba's are much more jagged.

It most likely a different set of armor anyway, since we can see in the OT that Fett has multiple components that he uses in various configurations with his armor, with varying coloration and detail to the helmet, chest plate, guantlets, etc. I believe there are three or four Fett armor variations seen (ESB armor, ROTJ armor, publicity photo armor, and the SE armor).

If you follow the EU, I refer you to LAJ_FETT's post for the summary of Boba's and Jango's different suits of armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.