main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Boo at the Zoo

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Darth_Sayder, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sayder

Darth_Sayder Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2004
    I wanted to start a seperate thread on this so it doesnt get lost in the Holloween shuffle.
    Barry's idea of going to the Zoo is a good one.
    But I would like to be a part of the event, not just a local club handing out flyers.
    I would like to contact the Zoo and see if they would like us to participate.
    I am trying to get some exposure for both groups. the IFSWA and the new Outpost.
    Does anyone have any objections?
    And how many would be willing to participate? I would like to contact fairly soon, so we can line this up.

Or,say shut up and sit down already.

Thanks

Thanks

2. DurfNader

DurfNader Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2004
    I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO BE INVOLED WITH SOMETHING AT THE ZOO THIS YEAR BESIDES HANDING OUT FLYERS. I WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE PUBLIC EYE- BETTER COVERAGE FOR OUR CLUB.

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    We shouldnt need to make special arrangements, we can jsut show up, for people running around in costume is exactly what they are after.

But count me and the wife in. We can represent whoever.

4. Darth_Sayder

Jul 28, 2004
    I have received a response from the marketing director at the Zoo, and they would love the participation.
    We can participate by either being in costume and mingling with the guests, or we would do a trick or treat station, and pass out candy and flyers.
    The draw back to the TOT station would be a solid committment for three days, between 4pm and 8pm.
    I was told they had around 3000 kids last year.
    I will be getting more info in the mail, so we will have to decide what we are doing quickly.
    I let her know that some of the IFSWA and Alpine Garrison members would be in costume to be a part of the atmosphere and mingle with the guests, but I would have to find out about the TOT station.

5. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Mike, there seems to be some confusion as to when this is really happening. Is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday, or Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

I really think we should do this. I also think that maybe we can join forces with the new 501st group here.

I love halloween, and it is fun passing out candy. It may be cold, but we live in Idaho, what do you expect? You just have to dress warm. Depending on what the nights are for sure, I can be there the whole time on both Thursday and Friday. I can be there after 6 on Saturday and after 5 on Sunday.

Let's do this guys!!!1

6. Darth_Sayder

Jul 28, 2004
    Boo at the Zoo will be Thursday 28th, Friday 29th, and Saturday 30th.
    4pm to 8pm all three nights.
    If you do a TOT station, someone has to be there all the time, and all three nights, so you might want to check with the others to see if they can do it.
    Then call Angela Carey 528-5552 x15 to reserve a spot
    she works 8am to noon. Deadline is October 7th.

I just talked to Angela, and 14 of the 20 booths are already reserved. So she will need to know ASAP.

If members are going to costume only and mingle with the crowd, coordinate with me so I can order the passes.

I have a lot on my plate right now with planning Garrison activities, so I cant coordinate the TOT station.

Mike

7. durfnadarstarwars

durfnadarstarwars Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2004
    I WOULD LIKE ONE OF THOSE PASSES, WHAT DAY ARE YOU GUYS GOING? 356-0172

8. Darth_Sayder

Jul 28, 2004
    I thought that this thread had died a miserable death.
    It may be too late for any more passes, all of the costumed volunteers and spotters names were submitted last week.
    Sorry.

9. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Darth, how do we go about getting our passes? Are we all showing up at such and such a time?

10. Darth_Sayder

Jul 28, 2004
    Barry, we have your name on the list with the Zoo as a volunteer. You need to go to the side entrance on Rogers street and tell them at the check in station.
    (no hard copy passes)
    If anyone come with you, they will have to go to the front and pay to get in.
    The same goes for anyone else who stated they were going in advance, the names are listed on the Alpine
    Garrison event board.
    There should also be a map on the board showing the side entrance.
    Do not try to drive into the side entrance, please park out side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.