main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Boo at the Zoo

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey guys.

This is one of the events on our "to-do" list...

We're going to be volunteering...BUT, this is an In Costume event.

The zoo uses this event to make money to help run the zoo.

Because of this...Family members that are coming with you and are not going to work the event will need to pay the entrance fee.

This is usually around 5 or 6 dollars. (When I know the price...I'll post it.)

Let's help the Zoo out on this one.

Thanks

BJ

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    You all can relax on this one for now. They are not accepting volunteers until the end of August, and I'd rather concentrate on getting the Race for the Cure set up first anyway. Although, feel free to let us know if you are interested in Boo![face_pumpkin]

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Right....the above is just to help people with planning whether or not they want to do this event.

Thanks

Bacon.

4. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    There is more than one date for this, right? Are we planning on doing one date or more?

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    That will depend on how many vols they have...and how it's scheduled...and what we decide to do...

I'm probably not going to feel like doing more than one night...but, one never knows.

We'll work the details on this one out at the end of the month after we iron out the Komen one at the end of the month.

[face_pig]

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Otis, like Bacon said, it depends on when they need us. I only planned on one night for the group, it just depends on them deciding what night we do it.

7. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    In the past when I have filled out the volunteer form.

You would put your information name blah blah blah...

You would tell them how many nights you wanted to work and then you would choosed your first choice for what night, then the second, and then the third.

Then in a few weeks you would get a card in the mail that gave you what night you were going to volunteer.

So, we just need to know how many in our group and work from there.

That and let them know we don't want to be candy runners...in the past they were the ones pulling wagons all over the place to refill the candy stations.

Bacon

8. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    danny said he would dress up at halloween if i made him a costume. i think he would make a perfect talon karrde. a candy runner sounds terribly demeaning for this jedi. i want the job where i just stand around and look pretty.

9. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    If it helps, I found this link: http://www.littlerockzoo.com/eventdetail.php?id=137. It tells the price ($5, or $4 in advance if you call). As long as y'all aren't doing it on a Monday-Thursday night (yes, there will be weekdays too and I've got class those days), please count me in. I'll rent that Princess Leia costume for that night if I haven't gotten that hood and collar sewn on and the belt made yet.

Lavenderrose @};-

10. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    If it is the 28th and 29th we may be out of town. There is a Sci-Fi Con in Plano (Dallas) Tx. that weekend. I missed the one a few months ago and would like to make this one. So at this time we cannot commit to the last weekend.

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well, they'll also have it the 20th - 22nd. Would everyone be free that weekend? Even I would be able to make that, since it would be a Friday - Sunday.

@};-

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    The 21stis our 16th anni. and we are not for sure what we are doing this year. We may not go anywhere though since we are tring to go to Dallas the next weekend. We may us that as our anni. instead. We wont know anything toill it gets closer.

13. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    One of the things I thought we would have to work around was TimmyCon. As of now, it doesn't look like TimmyCon will be happening this year.:_|
    But, at least that won't interfere with scheduling a busy month.

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Well, if it's on a non-class day I plan on being there.

@};-

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    It will probably be a week night.

So, it might be a week day due to scheduling problems...

When do you have classes?

16. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Right now I have Developmental Algebra on Mondays and Wednesdays, and English 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. No class Friday - Sunday. Now granted by the time Boo at the Zoo comes, I'll be in Intermediate Algebra and English 2, but I understand I'll have the same instructors. From what I've heard, Mrs. Sebourn and Mrs. Ewart goes from the first level to the second, so they'll just carry me through. I'm sure my schedule will be exactly the same.

@};-

17. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So are you available or do you have class?

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Most likely, the only way I'll be available is if it's on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

@};-

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    We won't know anything until probably in September.

20. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    unfornately sara and I won't be able to make this, too far to drive

21. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    And you're not kidding about that one...

(It's why you need to move closer....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.