main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Book Club

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Right now I'm trying to get the 3rd and 4th books of the LotR's read (now known as the Two Towers) so I can see the movie over break and not have it spoil my imagination while reading the book... movies are great and all but anyons mind can come up with pictures that are grander still then that while can be brought to life on stage.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Crazed: You suck. You don't know what you're missing with the NJO. READ IT!!!

As for the LOTR books. I want to read them really bad but our library at school never has them in. It looks like I might have to go out and buy them on my own.

3. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    Thats what I did, with a little help from a early x-mas presant of a Boarders gift-card. :) I just got up to a really interesting part, but I'll spare the specifics, and everything else, since I hate being spoiled myself and I know doing so would spoil Han and Crazed, though I do remember Crazed saying that he wasn't into LotR, still I hope to sway him and would wish him not spoiled if I could help it :D

Good news Han I'm about done with the 3rd book and starting on the 4th book, so I'm halfway though the 2nd part (the Two Towers) :) in one to two days I should be done and we can then strive to arrange a date to go see the movie. :)

4. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah i rad all 4 books last year, they were very good. And i agree with han, you don't know what you are missing crazed in the NJO. It is a great series, i am currently reading dark journey. Star by Star was awesome.

5. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    4 books of what?

SbS was one of my favorites in the NJO, I hope the one that comes after DW, whatever is is going to be called is a top nock one, I'd hate to have to live though another book like Traitor, the first 1/3 of that book is unbarable.

6. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    The 4 lotr books. The hobbot, the fellowship of the ring, the 2 towers, and return of the king.

7. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    i ment the first 4 books of the total 6 books inside the Lord Of the Rings, though I've already finished the 3rd part/5th-6th book (Return of the King) nice story, somehow I wish it would have ended differantally.

8. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    yeah...I'm kinda reading LotR...but, I think I like the movie better (FotR) because I saw it first :( SW is still #1 though ;)

Han: You suck too :p I don't get all the hype over the NJO

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Crazed: Read the books and you will understand the hype. ;)

As for LOTR, I'm finally going to get to read Fellowship thanks to Crazed. We were snowed in for two days and he decided I could borrow his copy.

10. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah i just saw the two towers friday night. It was great, even better than the 1st movie. The fight scenes were awesome, and they did a very good job of showing gollums split personality.

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree, Bryan. It was an awesome movie! Wesmin, Crazed, and I went to see it last night. And I just started reading Fellowship afterwards. :)

12. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah...somewhat the same here...I re-started to read it ;) very good movie :)

13. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    well, mesa just blasted through 3 chapters last night in FotR...it got ALOT better, I think, now that the *scary music on* BLACK RIDERS *scary music off* have returned on Weathertop :D

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm just about done with Fellowship. I'm on The Great River. I should be ready to start The Two Towers soon. :)

15. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i just finished enemy lines 2: Rebel Stand in the NJO. I thought it was awesome.

16. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Mesa on The Ring Goes South....I think I'm a little more than halfway through it...I think I'll be done with it soon :)

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I finished FotR two days ago, but I don't have TTT to continue reading the series.

Here are my thoughts on FotR: I found it very different from the movie. Especially the ending. I was somewhat disappointed. I guess that's what I get for watching the movie before reading the book. :p

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *maniac laughter* I have all 3 :p I got them all in one book :D I lost my copy of The Hobbit, though :(

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just a heads up to everyone:

The next NJO book comes out Tuesday, February 4th! :D It's the first book in a 3 book series(or trilogy). It's called Force Heretic(Sp?) I: Remnant.

20. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    yahoo...let's have a grand and glorious party...it's the greatest event of the year..I just can't wait :p

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Knock it off, Crazed...I mean it! Some of us have been waiting a long time for this book. And as I recall, you're the only one on this board that is not reading the NJO, so you have no room to talk.

Tea anyone? :D

22. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Meh...if you ask me, the books are overrated, the Vong are too powerful, it's too sci-fi-ish(the Vong seem like something from LiS(lost in space)), from what you've told me, it doesn't focas on the main characters enough, did I mention they're too powerful?, they killed my Wookiee friend :(, the Empire is...nice...I know, it had to happen, but, I'll always think of the Empire as the evil superpower, and overall, it's a disgrace to the name of Star Wars (though, I guess it's better than the PT ;) )

Yes, I'll have some tea please :D

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm, I will agree with you about not focusing enough around the main characters! I WANT TO KILL JACEN AND JAINA!!! THEY ARE SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!

*hyperventilates*

Ok, I'm better...sorry about my little outburst. I just can't stand those Solo brats. The books focus too much around them and their smelly little Jedi friends. That would be the only problem I have with the series. As for the Vong, they are losing ground and heading toward a defeat. They're not as powerful as they were. And finally, I like what they are doing with the Empire in the series. I have to disagree with you there.

Ah, tea! *pours Crazed a cup of tea* Sugar? :D

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Vong doesn't seem SW...when I think of SW, I think of Rebel vs. Empire, not New Republic vs. Yuuzhan Vong. The Vong aren't the SW villins to me

Sure! 2 lumps please! :)

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Good point about the Vong and the feeling of Star Wars. But, the thing you have to look at is that this is a book, not the movies. The rules can be bent more easily. ;)

If course, my friend! *accidently drops the whole sugar bowel into cup* Oops, sorry...how about cookies instead? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.