main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bracketology 101 -- Let's See How Well You Can Pick 'Em!

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Getting ready for March Madness? Then join my on-line
    college hoops bracket group! To accept this invitation and join the group, click the link below (or cut and paste the link into your browser's address field). You'll be asked to enter the password before you can join. Sorry to all you gamblers, this one is only for fun and bragging rights. It's free to play, but it's also free to win!

http://mmotr.mayhem.sportsline.com/e

Our Group password is: indian

If you do not have a membership with CBS Sportsline, you will asked to register for one. It is free also.

Once the brackets are announced, they will be put on our site so you can make your picks. Points will be awarded for correct picks with a tiebreaker if necessary. So go ahead and sign up now so you'll be ready to roll on March 14th!

2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just a clarification -

To sign up for a CBS Sportsline membership, go to cbs.sportsline.com to register with the site, where you will come up with your own username and password. Once you have registered with the site, then go to the link in the first post in this thread to get to our Bracket Manager site. As long as you're signed into the Sportsline site, all you should have to do is enter the group password "indian" and then you'll be signed up. The brackets will be posted on March 14 so you can make your picks.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks KG! Got you on the team list now. We're up to ~8 players so far! Gonna be a tough year to pick.

4. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, I love filling out the brackets every year. They're always tough. So many upsets but you never know who it will be or when. Hey, is that Phillip Williams from channel 9 in there with us??

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yep, that's him. We always do stuff like this all the time. He's a sucker for brackets, Super Bowl pools, all sorts of things like that. We play together in a fantasy football league on CBS Sportsline.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The brackets are now posted and picking can begin! As expected, the ACC is heavily represented, so come and join the bracketology fun! We're up to nine players now and I'm expecting several others to join now that the brackets are up!

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Last full day to join and make your picks! We're up to 13 players now. The later you wait, the more difficult it may be to access the site as more and more people log on to Sportsline.com to finalize their picks.

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It's not going too well KG. Our brackets leave a lot to be desired. At least your choice for champ is still alive, though I can't believe you picked Dook. :p

9. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Hehe. Well, I filled out 3 different brackets this year and they're all busted up now. I did this one on CBS Sportsline, another on Yahoo and another on ESPN's website. After the 2nd round they are all screwed up now thanks to Kentucky and Stanford losing to a couple of Alabama teams. I forgot I had picked Duke for this one though so I guess I'm still alive. Hehehe. But I had Kentucky and Stanford in the championship game on my ESPN brackets. I also had St. Joe's losing in the 2nd round and now they're in the sweet 16. Not to mention my Carolina team losing to Texas. Boohoo! :(

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, it was pretty depressing when UNC lost. I was across the street watching it with my neighbor who is also a huge UNC fan. After the game, the guys in the neighborhood got together and we played No Limit Texas Hold 'Em all night and I busted everybody, so that cushioned the blow a little. :p

11. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Boy, I'd love to see Duke vs Georgia Tech in the championship. They got their work cut out for them though. :)

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd love to see Georgia Tech there. I'll reserve judgment on that "other team" that plays in the ACC, even though they're just a bunch of Ivy league wannabes who had to settle for that school in Durham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.