main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Burn - A New Republic Mystery

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kartanym, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Yrel Chabose

Yrel chuckled to herself as Travis ran out of the ship in search of a time waster. Tapping her comlink to ensure it was still operational, she cleared her throat before exclaiming "Be careful out there, and keep your com's on at all times."

With a sigh, she returned to the data streaming along in neon blue in front of her. Without a workable radar, the team were not only blind to any possible incomings, they had no idea where they had landed. Well, for the moment at least. The best way to ignore her increasingly annoying and painful headache, was to use the other side of her brain to solve a complex puzzle. And since there were no chance cubes or holonet systems to hack, projecting their possible trajectory from the point of exiting hyperspace was the next best challenge.

Bringing up a collection of various stats, Yrel set to work. One of her habits, something she really needed to put a stop to, was talking to herself while she tapped away at the controls. It brought a wry smile to the faces of Boru and Stenton.

"... ten degrees ... somwhere along here ... weird ..." a frown slowly appeared on her young features. The intended destination was Yavin, with a hyperspace exit right where it should have been a few clicks from the system itself. What was 'weird', though, was the actual exit the transport ship made, a good million clicks off course. To Yrel, there were only two ways that could have happened. An incorrect entry into the ships computer was the first and obvious way, though sa far as Yrel was aware, both pilots were more than capable. Surely they couldn't have made such an error.

The second, and less likely option, was a gravity generator. Yrel was sure there were no black holes within that area of the Galactic Map, at least there were none reported before they left for Yavin. So if it WAS a gravity generator ... how did it get there, who placed it...

"And why are we so far off course?" she said aloud, gaining Boru and Stenton's attention.

And then something hit her. Why didn't she see it! Was the pain so fracked that she couldn't read properly? She almost cursed as loud as the Kath Hound's howling before scrambling for the comlink.

"Bishop, we're on Maridun! Repeat, we're on Imperial controlled land!"

tag: All

2. Burn

Burn Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2008
    Imperial Outpost 31B
    Maridun - The Outer Rim Territories

Indigo, Repo. Target sighted. Confirm?

Confirm, Repo One. Proceed with target elimination.

Roger that, Indigo. Repo two?

Target acquired.

Repo three?

Target acquired, lead.

Repo's, proceed on my mark...

Three red dots, one each, appeared on the foreheads of the unsuspecting Rebels, walking exactly to where Talos Nul had hoped and planned for. They may have lost the war, he thought, but he wasn't about to let a couple of swines take over his turf.

Mark!

Tag: Dayton, Nathan, Travis

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Dayton Leer
    Forest, Maridun

Dayton and Bishop paced along carefully, picking his way through the brush tangled at his feet as Travis ran up to join them. Things around them were exceedingly quiet, all except for the occasional clanking coming from the direction of the rest of the team working at the downed transport.

"I have a bad feeling about this planet and I don?t want to spend too much time away from the group. Let?s go.?

Dayton smirked as Bishop expressed his apprehension, "Whatever's out there, I'm sure it's more scared of us than we are of it. Basic animal kingdom rules."

The three walked for a few more minutes, chatting on the comm with Yrel, when all of a sudden, all three of their comms crackled to life with a message from their team leader.

"We're on Maridun! Repeat, we're on Imperial controlled land!"

It was enough to stop Dayton in his tracks and he raised his blaster pistol into a more suitable ready position. A nerd at heart, he tried to exercise a nervous logic, "They know they're out of the war right? I mean, we're representatives of the New Republic, there shouldn't be any reason why this world wouldn't just surrender to us-" Receiving sarcastic glances from both Travis and Bishop, he trailed off, "But that's ridiculous that wouldn't happen."

Just then, as if to punctuate his sentence, he saw a small red laser sighting dot meander around Bishop's forehead. He froze as adrenaline pumped into his system yet he knew he had to be careful of his next move. Turning only his eyes, he saw another dot on Travis' head. Odds were there was one painting him as well.

So as not to cause a fuss, he spoke under his breath to his two companions, "Guys. Looks like a commando team found us. You two know I used to be with the Empire. Follow my lead and hit the kriffing deck."

As he finished his sentence, he kicked his legs out from underneath himself, allowing Maridun's gravity do the rest. After he collided with the ground, he hugged it for all he was worth screaming, "Don't shoot, we're Imperials! Repeat: we are Imperial Intelligence!"

TAG: Kartanym, witchdoctor187, sith_hunter117

4. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    IC: Travis Korry

"Don't shoot, we're Imperials! Repeat: we are Imperial Intelligence!" Travis quickly followed Daytons action and watched Bishop do the same. He didn't want to risk their lives by saying anything stupid. Hopefully they were not already done for.

He heard footsteps approach them as they lay facing the ground. He felt like his heart was about to explode. He silently prayed in his head that the Imperials would buy their scheme, but chances were not likely

TAB: Dayton, Nathan

OOC: Yeah guys we made it to the second page! This RPG is lookin good!

5. Burn

Burn Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2008
    Repo Squad
    Imperial Outpost 31B

"Don't shoot, we're Imperials!

Lead, I have a shot.

"Repeat: we are Imperial Intelligence!"

I have a shot!

Hold your fire!

Three stormtroopers revealed themselves from their positions, distinctive blue markings along their helmets, keeping their distance in case of a counter-attack.

"Let's see some identification" Repo One said, the sniper rifle keeping a steady aim at Dayton's forehead.

Tag: Dayton, Nathan, Travis

--##--

Somewhere along the Outer Rim
    The Former Imperial Star Destroyer, Victoriana

"Talos, report."

"We've made contact. The Imperial troops are going in as you expected. Yrel doesn't suspect a thing."

"Are you sure they can be trusted to do the job? I don't want that crew escaping alive."

"You keep Solo off my back, and I'll do the rest. Be calm, Commander. This entire program will vanish quicker than the Battle of Endor itself."

"It better, Talos, or I'll have your head on a platter."

6. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

"Let's see some identification" Travis' heart skipped a beat. He had no idea what to do. All he could do is wonder, why did we have to crash, and why on an imperial controlled planet? They were doomed. Or were they?

Suddenly he had an idea, it wasn't amazing, but its the best idea they had.

"We don't have any..." He saw Dayton and Nathan giving him weird looks, but he just casually winked at them. "We were raided by a rebel squad a few hours earlier. They took all our equipment and left us here. I think they went that way." He pointed in the opposite direction of their ship. He wasn't exacatly sure what he was saying, but it looked like it was working.

TAG: Burn, Dayton, Bishop

7. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Dayton Leer
    Forest, Maridun

The Imperial troops hesitated, and Dayton knew his ruse had worked, but he realized the lull wouldn't last long. He thought fast - nothing. The apparent leader of the stormtrooper team sauntered over to where Dayton, Bishop, and Travis stood. The trooper stood a few careful meters away, his high-velocity beam rifle aimed squarely at Leer's head.

"Let's see some identification," was all that crackled from his helmet comm.

I really should have seen this coming, thought Dayton as he exhaled, preparing himself to use the blaster pistols at his sides in a final blaze of glory - until he heard Travis speak up.

"We were raided by a rebel squad a few hours earlier. They took all our equipment and left us here. I think they went that way."

As crazy as it sounded it just might work. In order to add a little extra credibility to his colleague's plan, he looked squarely at the stormtrooper leader, turning sideways and pulling up the right sleeve of his black t-shirt to reveal the Imperial Crest emblazoned on the back of his arm.

TAG: Burn, Travis, Bishop

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    OOC: For a short time, withdoctor's character Nathan will be controlled will become an NPC and can be controlled by those who wish to use him, until he returns. I wish Andrew well and hope to see him back soon. Now, on with the show.

IC - Yrel Chabose

"Bishop? Nathan can you read me? ... Travis?!," Yrel cursed again and, forcing herself onto her feet, unholstered her blaster and headed for the exit. Boru and Stenton jumped up after her, "Let's move!" she cried, ignoring the continued pain.

tag: Apadamek, JANGOANTILLES

9. Burn

Burn Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2008
    Repo Squad
    Imperial Outpost 31B

I don't like this lead.

Keep your distance. Watch for sudden movements.

"The only action we've seen in this area came from behind you," Repo one said, staring down the strangers (they couldn't see that, of course), "A crashed transport vessel, I believe. That one yours?"

--##--

Talos frowned. "Just kill them already!" he said under his breath as he followed the proceedings from the other side of the ridge.

10. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC: Stenton Carrios
    Maridun

Stenton took a quick look around the ship before grabbing his equipment and giving Ustath a curt whistle to get moving. He readied his rifle, making sure it had not been damaged before stepping out into the jungle of Maridun. Stenton knew jungles and he knew that they were prime places for deadly ambushes. Hopefully his three comrades had not been subject to one of these. His trained eyes began scanning for any signs of activity, if the others had been captured or killed the chance of their location being singled out was high. "How did we end up on Maridun?" he asked the others.

Tag: All

Ustath: Kath Hound
    Maridun

Digging around the ship for food had been the only thing on Ustath's mind as the others had started repairing and scouting out the area. His ears perked at the sound of raised voices from the other team-mates but continued to search for something to eat. A sharp whistle stopped him immediately and he quickly dashed to where he knew the whistle had originated, Stenton. Coming up to the side of his owner and standing in a ready position he waited to see what would happen.
    Tag: All.

11. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

"The only action we've seen in this area came from behind you," Repo one said, staring down the strangers (they couldn't see that, of course), "A crashed transport vessel, I believe. That one yours?"

Travis cursed to himself. But he improvised of much as they could till help could arrive. "Actually no, our squadron was stationed on this planet, and us three were sent to scout. In this area, we were ambushed by the rebel patrol. That could have been their crashed vessel. But I doubt they would return there at this point, so there's no use of searching for them."

It didn't really feel like an improv, more like babbbling on till he could make sense of what he was saying, but still they had no where else to turn. Hopefully they would beleive his story...

TAG:ALL

12. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Boru Rast
    Maridun

Things just seemed to be going from worse to worse...

A karking Imperial world!

Rast snatched up his blaster from where he'd set down on a supply crate and followed the others. Whatever was going to happen, he knew one thing: he would not ever surrender, not to the Empire. They had already taken too much from him. And if it came down to it...well, he'd make sure he wasn't captured alive.

He heard Stenton: "How did we end up on Maridun?"

"Let's just hope we survive long enough to figure that out!"

Tag: Any

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    IC - Yrel Chabose

"We'd better. I'd hate to die with all these questions," Yrel muttered, checking her blaster was fully charged, "Stenton, better send out Usty first. We want to be one step ahead of whatever's out here."

She paused for a moment by the ships large rear doors, looking out across the almost rainforest like structures around them. "Besides," she thought aloud, "They could have just walked into a dead zone for all we know, and now I'm over-reacting ..."

The Kath Hound quickly darted into the bushes beyond, Yrel and the others following not too far behind. "Let's keep it quiet. Boru, take point."

tag: Apadamek, JANGOANTILLES

14. Burn

Burn Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2008
    Repo Squad
    Imperial Outpost 31B

"Squadron?" Repo One raised his blaster ever so slightly higher "We're the only squadron here! Who do you take us for, idiots?"

Suddenly, one of the strangers caught Repo Leader by surprise, pushing the rifle out of the way before he could get a clean shot and swinging a right hook straight into the Imperial's helmet, cracking the lens and sending him tumbling backwards.

"Now Dayton!" the stranger cried, the other members of Repo squad opening fire on their location. Repo One, dazed and confused, tapped into his com.

"Back up ... need ... back up ..."

--##--

"Frack," Talos clenched a fist, watching in anger as Nathan Bishop led the charge, "Do I have to do everything myself?"

15. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008

Travis jumped up and started shooting at the Imperials. His idea had led them to this situation, the exact oppisite of where they wanted to be.

"It'll me my fault if anyone dies" He thought to him self. Hopefully Yrel and the crew were coming to the rescue, or else they were as good as bantha fodder.

TAG: ALL

16. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    OOC: Look guys sorry for my double post but seriously we're almost at the bottom of the page someone needs to reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.