main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C4 Flight Information

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Ok here is my flight information as I booked my flight for C4 last week through aeroplan so here are the details:

Flight AC8592
    Calgary to Los Angeles Wed 23 May 2007
    0:830 from Calgary Arrive
    10:48 - Terminal 2 LA
    Seat 14C

Flight AC573
    Los Angeles to Calgary Tues 29 May 2007
    17:30 - Terminal 2 from LA arrive
    21:25 Calgary
    Seat 18C

This flight is through Air Canada so I?m not sure what the WestJet rates are and what the group rate will be as Jay will be looking into that. When I talked to the lady from aeroplan I said I had some friends traveling down too that maybe booking through different means and she said as long as you talk to your travel agent or directly with someone at Air Canada you should be able to get seats near each other.

So now that the flight is booked now comes the hardcore waiting with this event only 133 days away it will be here before you know it. Also remember to re-new or get your passports done ASAP as you will need one to travel outside the country.

Let the excitement continue C4 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Checked online for this flight and it's currently at $514 and change, including taxes. Thinking of waiting a week or so before booking to see if it goes on sale.

Westjet is currently at $579 for a similar flight down. Don't know why it's so expensive...?

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I talked to Air Canada group booking. They said its a 5% discount for a group of 9 or more. I said thats it. What a joke. Also it had to be a "Pure" Air Canada flight with a 3 digit code so the 8:30 flight is not available for the group rate.

I don't know why the price went up from last week. It jumped $10 from last week. The flight cost is the same. Must have added yet another tax.

4. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Supply and demand...as a flight gets booked up there are fewer seats and prices go up substantially. Flying back and forth Stateside on business I have seen normal flights go up 3 fold...more so in the last month before departure. A real pain when it comes to business travel as that one week to wait for a meeting confirmation can drive a price up quite a bit. Ex-wife works at WestJet and I had her look and she says load levels are climbing...she suspects it's primarily student (University and College) travel post-school again as they typically see loads increase in May as the start of summer vacation travel (and add to that the Memorial Day weekend). Long story short...book early.

You guys all have a good trip out there. I'd still love to go but my work schedule is from month to month now (as determined by client)...but still thinking if I'm down Stateside I might "try" to swing by LA and see what happens.

w.

5. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Sir, you need to e-mail me about this kind of stuff! Now I gotta hustle to catch up.

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Booked my flight! Same flight at Dooks, sitting beside Dooks on the way down, sitting across from him on the way back!!!

SO EXCITED!!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Tickets on AC went down to $500.87, including all taxes. Book while you can!!!

7. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    I think I'll wait until the meeting to hear what BobaJay has to say. I have a bit of credit towards a Westjet Flight anyway.

8. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Just got off the phone with WestJet. For a group of 10 people the cost is $536.60 if we book this week. That is flying out on the Wednesday and leaving LA on the Tuesday. Regular group rate is $560.93. And the regular single rate is $587...

I don't think it will get cheaper as we get closer and as the planes fill up. Before Christmas Air Canada was more expensive than WestJet. I really don't think WestJet has lowered their rate from last year.

Book While you can... I Just did with Air Canada. Now all I have to do is wait and wait and wait some more. Can we go yet???

9. tk-627

tk-627 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Apparently Melissa convinced Yrol to book my flight (Thanks Yrol!!)
    I'm on the same flights!!

WHOO!! HOOO!!

10. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    That you are Darth Dave! We all sit together too!! WOOT!!!

And you're very welcome:)

11. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Given the big price difference, I also have gone with Air Canada on the same flight. Seat 15A departing, seat 18A return. I have also cancelled my reservation at the Wilshire since it was unneeded. Figueroa here I come!

12. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    All booked and ready to go! Woo!! :)

13. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Jay and I are also booked on the same flights as the Dooks brothers, Yrol and the rest of the gang. Yeah! This is so awsome[face_alien_1]

14. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Sounds like that's going to be the party plane...all the other non-C4 passengers are going to be wondering what's going on!

15. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Neville, I mean...Stacy, would you like the honour of calling Air Canada to request the inflight movie? And perhaps some wriggling props that can drop out of overhead bins?

16. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    [face_alien_1] That would be so cool! Star wars all the way to C4...If worst comes to worst I am bringing my portable DVD player maybe others can too..we could share among our rows.

17. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    I was actually thinking Snakes on a Plane, but yeah, Star Wars would be cool too!

18. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Just an FYI, AirCanada seems to be stingey on that flight and will show the News highlights and 2 TV shows but they claim the flight is too short for a movie. Definitely bring your own if you are able to.

19. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Bummer. I suppose Karen Traviss will have to entertain this kandosii verd.

20. StacyD

Feb 6, 2006
    Heh heh. . .I really don't think they'd let us get away with SOAP. Though that would be frakkin' awesome. [face_devil]

StacyD

21. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, I just put in my day requests, so, everyone cross your fingers for me please (I've had problems in the past with requests - most recently CV22).

Once it is confirmed, then I should be able to get my plane ticket within the next 3-4 weeks!!!!

Then can comfortably join in on the C4 Hype wagon!!!

22. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    That'd be awesome if you could come, Kris! It would be a great opportunity to showcase your light sabers ;)

23. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, that went much easier than I was expecting. Anyway, as of 1530hrs today, my day off requests have been confirmed, and they are now marked down on the office wall calender.

So, basically - IT'S A GO!!!!!!!

Count me in!!!!!!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooottttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of lightsabers, I guess I'll start gathering info right now. How do people plan on shipping their lightsabers, blade included? Obviously they will be checked luggage, or are people shipping stuff through the mail?

24. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Perhaps we could get a few together and put them in a golf bag if anybody has one?

25. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Did anyone else get an email regarding a change in itinerary for the flight? It looks like the only thing changed was my seat number. That's the only part I noticed anyway. Anyone else, or am I being singled out? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.