main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Calgary Fan Force Site

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Nite_shift, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Just to let u guys know the Calgary Fan Force site will be down for a little bit, not sure how long it will be.

Niteshift

2. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    Thanks for letting us know...^_^
    You guys must be putting the pics up...yay!

3. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    What happened??? Did we just get hit by a huge number of interested people and exceed our bandwidth??? I know we handed-out a lot of cards and fliers...

This is kind of an emergency for me: I think we should do everything we can to get that site up and running again; this is "our time", so to speak...

None of the cards mention these boards, so unless a newbie who met us at the theatre accidentally stumbles across the board, they are going to be lost (and have a poor opinion of us as an organization, too!).

That's not a reflection on you, Chris; I know you have no control over how much bandwidth we use up in a day. I am extremely appreciative of you taking the web site on as a project! :) I just want you to know that I'm willing to do anything we can to get the site up and running again, even if it means passing the hat for some internet funds... and by "pass the hat", I mean I'm willing to foot the bill (up to a point, of course) personally for the time-being to get it going again, ASAP.

I'll send you a PM.

4. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    Ya, what happend is they did not receave the check i sent them. So they had to disable the account, I have asked them if they could put it back online and they told me no, so i am in the process in getting a new host. I have found a free one that give the exact same thing, i am going to see if i can get the same addy.

But who knows how long that will take. because the host company owns the DNS name at the moment.

The only way to get it back online is if i had a credit card.

*really crappy timing too *

5. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Chris - please reply to my PM... or call me.

6. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    Is there an update on this?

A friend of mine mentioned they found a linked site for the Calgary FanForce while surfing or something, and I said I thought the site was totally down.

Jen

7. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Here's the update; Kent is in contact with the company that hosts the site.

What happened is, they didn't get the cheque to pay for it, so we're working with them to pay via credit card. They're taking forever and a day to get back to us so we can just give them the number.

We're totally on top of it, but it all depends on when these guys get back to us. We'll post as soon as we know more.

;)

~ Rae

8. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    OK very kewl, Ya they were slow with me aswell :(

9. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Update: The payment has been recieved and the site is unsuspended. It is currently 403: Forbidden. Chris needs to go in and set it back up. Cost: $87.59 US.

10. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks for the update DrHaggis.

Ryan

11. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    OK guys, I am in the process of getting the site back up and running, it should be about 2 hours or so. And i give a Great Thanks to DrHaggis

Niteshift

12. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    OK well the site is back online (almost) but it is not what u are use to seeing, Please give any comments about the new site. Thanks

And to let everyone know the new site does not have its own user system so there is no loging in on this one.

Niteshift

13. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    It looks nice, very nice. But I don't like that it opens up to another window, and one that can't be maximized. But that is just my humble opinion.

Darth Paul

14. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    lol, thank Paul, let me see how it looks when it does not do open in a new window

15. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    OK Paul, it does not open in a seperate window now :)

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    to be honest I liked the other site better. Easier on the eyes. I don't like how everything is in the place card. Also I liked the ability to edit on the fly. Is the other site still sitting on the server? can we run this one in the background to test it?

Ryan

17. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    Uh... I can't open it up at all. It's just a blank white page with a couple lines of gibberish on it. :(

18. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    i was trying to get the old site back

19. veritate

Oct 25, 2004
    It's working now.

The silver is really sharp! Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my small screen (800 x 600 resolution - the most commonly used resolution).

Is it a template, or do we have access to work with the CSS?

20. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    ok, i just tested it on my computer at 800x600 and it sucks that u have to scroll across. the CSS file will not do anything i will have to see if i can get the PDF file of the layout to see if i can shrink it in anyway.

21. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Chris. Can you get the old site back at all??? We really need to get the stuff updated. I know your back to work and don't have lots of time now. But at least with the other site a few of us could update and add to it.

22. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    I tried to get it back up, but it will not work, i have been trying to get it back on my computer as well, i will most likly have everything updated on friday or Saterday(my days off)

23. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    if not we can always get it going with a new load of mombo. or what ever its called. then we can just load from there. I have most members stuff on my machine at home.

24. Nite_shift

May 22, 2004
    i dont work till 1pm tomorrow, so i am going to work on the site. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.