main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Calling all Collectors - Aurora History Museum needs your Sci-Fi stuff!!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sith_Slayer, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    The Aurora History Museum will be hosting a Science Fiction exhibit from July 4 through September 18.

The Collections Curator has contacted me to gauge our interest in loaning items for display.

They have asked us if we would like to specifically loan any Costuming/props/collectibles for the exhibit.

They are interested in quality, unique and/or custom items relating to Sci-Fi.

For example, I will be loaning my Vader costume, lifesize AotC Yoda, MR Vader/Dooku/Maul sabers, Jaffa costume, and some various & assorted other items.

I know we've got some diehard collectors in our ranks, and I'm sure we could come up with some pretty awesome things for them to display.

The Sci-Fi examples that I discussed specifically with them include:

STAR WARS
    STAR TREK
    STARGATE
    BABYLON 5
    FARSCAPE
    BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
    ALIEN
    PREDATOR

Any other ideas are welcome as well.

I'm still working with them on the details of lender acknowledgments, etc. for each display.

The specifics:

The exhibit will be housed in a 900 square foot hall within the museum. They will be constructing custom enclosures for the items on display, with everything to be displayed behind glass at least 6 to 8 feet tall.

The room will be under 24-hour surveillance by 2 security cameras, and in the Museum's 15-year history at its' current location, they've only had 2 instances of display items going missing. It should be noted that the 2 items in question were both pocket-size and NOT secured behind glass.

The museum has an Insurance Writer to cover all items on loan for the exhibit.

For those interested in loaning items, we need to have them on site @ the museum NO LATER THAN JUNE 29.

Please post your interest and/or specific items that you would be comfortable loaning to the museum for the aforementioned time period.

I'll be PM'ing some folks shortly as well regarding specific items:

Hyperdyne
    COS_Vader
    Jyro

Credit where credit is due: FenigDurak first brought this to my/our attention several months ago.

Please post your interest/questions/etc. in the RMFF Calling all Collectors - Aurora History Museum needs your Sci-Fi stuff!!!!! Thread