main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    LJ26- hit me baby! I'd love to see some more wallpapers, but don't feel pressured to do them just for me.

Oh and you couldn't ask for a better author to help you with action then Geith. He does amazing work!

Huge [:D] everyone! L+C always!
    -LC

2. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Man, where is my brain today? First, I thought you, Geith, were Jedi2781, or whatever the numbers are. :D Either of you guys helping me would be fine, and I'd be honored to have you beta my fledgeling fic, Geith. :)

And LadyCallie, I'm blind, so unfortunately the wallpapers won't be visual to me, ever, unless someone describes them. But I would love to ahve something on my computer. :D I wish I could get into my head what Luke and Callista really look like. I know parts from reading and rereading the books, but I don't have the picture in my head. :( I just do what I can.

I need more Callie fic to read! I've finished PoT, and Darksaber just doesn't cut it for me anymore. [face_frustrated]

*Goes off to look at PM's and my signature stuff.*

3. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Rejuvenation's not over yet, so more Callie-Luke goodness to come! I'm still looking at your stuff, so Geith and I can deliver a one-two knockout for you.

4. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Sounds awesome. I'll await your thoughts, from you both.

Yea for Rejuvenation! and Luke and Callista!

5. GeithJiseo2

GeithJiseo2 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 21, 2004
    *cough*Mer Girl, which has just been updated*cough*

Excuse me. ;)

6. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    [face_laugh] I'll go check it out. Thanks. [face_laugh]

7. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    The trials that Callista endures in MerGirl are similar to what Luke goes through in the Old Trilogy. Both have been through a lot, and still carry the scars on their souls as reminders of what evil can do to a person, but both have overcome so much and has made them stronger in resolve and confidence.

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Here's some other Callie-Luke wallpapers I made...

[image=http://static.flickr.com/73/161090475_3487602a95_o.jpg]

9. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Ooooooooooooh! Very nicely done, jedi2187leia! =D=

10. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Sorry I haven't been around lately, guys, I've been working like mad! Special welcome to rhi! It's so nice to have Callistars on the boards again. Just like the old days!

11. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Yep. It is just like the good old days, except for all those annoying trolls who kept hijacking our threads (anyone remember Insane Anakin? Man, he really was insane!!!!!). But they're long gone now, thanks to my trusty TROLL-B-GONE. One spray, and they're scurrying back under their bridge! ;)

12. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    OMG! I'd forgotten all about Insane Anakin!! *shudders* God those times *censored*... er, were really bad. So yay for Troll-Away-Spray! *happy dance*

LJ26- sorry about the confuzzlment. I'm a lady who doesn't sleep, so when I've been up for oh, 40+ hours, things start to get fuzzy. I would attempt to describe the wallpapers to you, but sadly all creative wording as abandoned me after I finished my latest Farscape fic, and "pretty" is about as descriptive as I can get right now.

Cara- did I hear correctly... you're getting a chance to talk with Barbara Hambley?? We should totally make her a card from TEAM CALLISTAR!

-LC

13. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006

I think we've all had our share of battling trolls (mine was dueling with Trekkies. Man, that was BATTLE!)

More wallpaper and 'rejuvenation' to come, including the 'short story' I promised earlier!

Actually, LC, yours truly will be meeting Hambly in '07 here in the heart of the Midwest. A Callistar Card? would be fantabulous! Also, when I finish Rejuvenation, I'll look into printing it and giving it to her as a gift.

14. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, LC, time for sleep...that's 2187, not me. :p

As for me, my favorite troll was tacojohn, with the cheesy goo and Callista's spontaneous combustion.

15. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    Hey, those were classic! And don't forget the little song he posted in the Callista fan thread, titled "Callista is a *****," which was what finally got him banned. ;)

16. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Troll-B-Gone?
    We need that for Thrawn Fans Unite!!! thread....
    Man I heart Thrawn.
    [/off topicness]

So you see Kate Beckinsale (or whatever her name is) as Callie? I always saw this woman who plays in period stuff my mum watches. I'll try and get a picture...

17. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    One friend that I know says that Denise Richards would be an excellent choice to play Callista.

...but I still stick by Kate :)

18. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    :p Nahhh....
    Denise Richards has far too big eyebrows.
    I stick by lady who I can't think of...

19. GeithJiseo2

Jan 21, 2004
    I still think Angelina Jolie would be best for Callista. :)

Oh, and guys, I wanted to share with you a really funny Callista story. It was written by Jedi_Lover. Probably the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: This is a ?What if? parody ficlet that changes the ending of the book Children of the Jedi. What if instead of Cray Mingla, Luke was with somebody like Kyp Durron on the Eye of Palpatine.

What if Kyp, was suffering from severe depression and guilt over blowing up a solar system and killing about a billion people. And, in a fit of depression gave up his body to Callista? Boy, that would throw a wrench into Luke?s love life.
    Disclaimer: The following is a complete rip off of Barbara Hambly?s story Children of the Jedi. I don?t own Star Wars and I am not making any money off this badly written fic.

He slid the cowling back. Under it, he lay in the coma-like sleep of partial hibernation, his broad chest barely moving under the torn and smoke-stained uniform and long hands folded over his belt buckle. Despite the bruises that still marked it, his face was so calm, so relaxed, so utterly different from the brittle, haggard features of the man he had become that he almost didn?t recognize him.

He was a different man.

A different man?

Luke thought, No?

He shook his head.

No.

It wasn?t Kyp?s face.

The feature, the straight nose and the delicate bones, the full, almost square shape of the lips, were the same?

But everything in him said, It isn?t Kyp.

No, he thought again, not wanting to believe?the thought was just too creepy.

For a long time the universe stood still.

Then Kyp drew a long breath, and opened his eyes.

They were gray.

No!

Kyp spoke, but his voice was unusually high, as if he had been kicked in the family Jewels. ?Oh Luke, now we can be together forever.?

Luke backed away nervously. ?Uhhh??Callista?? he sputtered.

Kyp, I mean Callista, no?Kyllista , stepped out of the pod and pranced over to Luke.

?Yes Luke it is me, Kyllista. The one you fell in love with on the Eye of Palpatine.? Kyllista wrapped his/her arms around Luke and laid his head on Luke?s strong shoulder. Luke panicked as rough hands slid down his back and rested on his cute tight butt.

Luke tensed up and looked for a way of escape. ?Ummm?listen Kyllista?about our relationship?it wont work.?

?What!? Kyllista cried, ?Luke I have came back from the dead just to be with you! What is the matter? Is it because I am inhabiting the body of a man??

?Ya think!?? Luke said incredulously.

?Luke,? Kyllista sobbed, ?I thought of all people, you, the Jedi Master, would be able to see beyond your prejudices.?

?I guess you thought wrong, Kyllista!? Luke replied as he struggled to escape Kyllista?s embrace. ?If I turned down Wedge?s offer to be my rear gunner, I am sure the Hell going to turn down yours.?

Luke gave a pleading look to Leia, Han and Mara who had accompanied him to open the escape pod.

?Help me? He projected to Leia and Mara through the Force.

Leia stared transfixed by the scene before her. Did Kyp just grab her brother?s arse?

Mara was grinning evilly and was more than willing to let Skywalker squirm, but the terror in his eyes softened her heart and she decided to intervene.

?Sorry to break the news to you Kyllista, but Luke is mine!?

Luke and Kyllista both looked at her in shock. ?What?? They said in unison.

?Yep,? Mara lied, ?Luke and I have been knocking boots for quite some time. So you will have to excuse me if I don?t want to share him with a Force reanimated corpse.? Mara grabbed Luke by the shirt. ?Come on Farmboy. After a dip in the Bacta tank you and I are going to get busy.?

Luke gulped and merely nodded his approval.

?Uhh sorry Kyllista? I hope that coming back from the dead to inhabit the body of a male works out for you. Good luck with that.? Luke stated a

20. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's awful, in such an excellent way!!!

21. LostJedi26

Mar 30, 2006
    Eeeeeewwwwwww! [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

Yuck. That is just wrong!! but... :p [face_laugh] ... that is *snickers* kinda funny, but I still think it's more sick than funny. Oh my gosh that is just bad. :p
    I don't know what to think. Oh my.

Enough repetition on my part. I'll shut up now. I'm too stunned to make a coherent sentence.

22. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    *cues 'Crying Game' music*

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh Geith, you actually posted it![face_laugh] Oh boy, I guess I should go into hiding then. [face_worried]

You know, I am an admitted major L/M 'shipper, but in some of my fics I do the most horrible things to them. I wrote a normal sweet fic once and all my friends said they were reading it nervously wondering when I was going to put in an awful twist. ;)

I am glad you guys, as Callista fans, weren't too insulted by that little viggie.

JL

24. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    don't sweat the small stuff around here, J_L. We're not as rabid as other forums on the web, so whenver you want to, pop by, relax and bask in the wonderfulness that is Callista.
    Cheers!

25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Well, as an unrepentant Mara-Lover, I don't know if I will be basking in the wonderfulness of Callista, but thank you for the warm welcome.[:D]

JL