main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Camping/Float trip anyone???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by twilek69, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Leash, thanks for putting all this together. I know it wasn't the easiest thing to do, but you are amazing and I for one, am looking forward to this mini vacation... :D

2. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Hey, do we know which run we're floating yet? I may have overlooked that; if not, I generally recommend a 'shorter' run for a group. If you get out and play, you're still pooped when you're done.
    I think I'll do my own thing for food, although I might be willing to barter when I get there ;).
    What times of day are people showing up?
    Have people reserved their watercrafts of choice yet (I haven't. Good Lord, I can be a slacker. By the way, any job openings where you are?)?

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Me too.

And E, I hear ya. I think I just may wear my shorts over the swim suit when I dip myself in the river.

4. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Amy, That would make sense. I will let her call her Julesy then. I thought it was so cute and that is a cute name. I just didn't want her calling her by the wrong name. Just has recently taken to calling me and Jeremy by our first names. It's funny coming from a 3 yr old.

Christine,
    I am very excited about this weekend and it was my pleasure to put it together. I apologize to everyone for my obsessive, anxious actions/posts re: the trip. I get like that cause I just want everyone to really enjoy the trip. I'm the frantic hostess at parties too. LOL!

-E-,
    Girl if I can squeeze my fat butt into a swimsuit and strut around without a care you can too. You are tiny and should be proud of your cute body. JMHO.
    We have not decided on runs yet and I don't think anyone has reserved canoes yet either. We can work that out on Sat. We won't have any problem getting canoes there.
    Christine and I will be there on Friday night, I think Amy and John said they were coming down on Sat.

5. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm going to get up really early and drive down.

6. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Tim's making me wait until he gets off of work Sat. (2:00) so we probably won't even get there until 3:30 or 4:00. Maybe earlier...I drive fast.

7. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    So did I miss this post, do we have a general idea what time we are going to be floating?

8. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    John, No you didn't miss anything. I guess it would depend on when everyone got to the campsite.

Amy did your or Tim want to float?

9. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    We won't be floating...on a raft anyway. I just plan to dip myself in the river by the campsite most of the time.

10. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    WAH!
    I went today to get the Jiffy Pop at target and they clearanced it out and sold it all!!!!

WAH!!!!!

11. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Are you coming too, Medic?

This could turn into a very lively party even with the low numbers!

12. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    I have to say no this time gang. I have a BBQ for the family Sunday.
    PLUS I need to know WAY in advance of things otherwise I cannot get off.

But I want to hear all about it

13. yodaismygod

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, I'm floating, would anyone like to make a suggestion as to what time I should be down there by?

14. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    John,
    Before 10am or so. That will give everyone plenty of time to do the short run and even enough for the longer run if you don't stop alot.

15. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Tim just informed me that he works until 3:00, not 2:00. *$&@ Oh well, as long as we get there before dark.

16. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    Ok, for anyone who will be showing up tomorrow : I'll be coming in around dinnertime, I *think*. I won't be able to make a float; however, I'll bring some swimfins, a miniraft, and masks for the kids/ parents who want to play some in the water (I think. I gotta make sure the step brother didn't make a haul of this stuff.). Hopefully, I'll see some people I recongnize tomorrow!

17. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    We had a great time! Thanks for coming down and making it a great weekend. It was a blast! We have to do this again and soon. Thanks again Christine for taking me to Sam's and carrying the food down. We hung out in the river til about 4pm, then came home and crashed. It was alot of fun thanks again to everyone who came down for making the weekend so much fun!

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm still not caught up on sleep. I couldn't get back to sleep after Tim puked outside the tent and then I could hear racoons over there eating his puke or something. [face_sick]

19. twilek69

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm tired to and feel kind of yucky. I didn't go to work tonight and I laying in bed reading and wishing I could eat something. Ugh! I came down to get some water and thought I would check the boards.

Raccoons and puke, ugh! The vodka and not sleeping the night before, knocked me out. Thankfully I did not hear the raccoons. I hope Tim feels better. I get migraines too, it would suck to have had one out camping.

20. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Thanks to everyone for a great time this weekend. And if anyone likes sliced American cheese let me know...I have lots... :D

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
  22. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jul 8, 2005
    LOVE AMERICAN CHEESE!
    Plus a foodsaver works wonders!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.