main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    That is so wrong but so funny.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    *Beats plot bunnies back into their cave.*

I don't care if writing psychiatry is my thing; I am not writing that!

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    It would fit a crack fic perfectly though how you would write it do it could be posted here is beyond me at this hour of the night.

*still laughing* Man, I'm never gonna get that image out of my head now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Makes me glad I rarely write PT stuff. ;)

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Who said anything about actually writing Dooku? :p

But, no. I am not writing any counselor sessions like that. So, you plot bunnies get back in that cave where you belong!

7. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I need somewhere to lament about my middle child syndrome. Tonight, I went out with some friends to a 24 hour diner to study. I didn't get back home till 1am, no big deal, until I checked the door and realized it was locked, and I didn't have a key. I tried to wake my brother, whose window I can reach, because I figured it was better to wake one person up than the entire house, but the turkey didn't wake up. So I phoned and my mother came to the door, not really mad, but she said: 'i thought you were downstairs the enire evening, sorry for forgetting about you.'

No wonder Jacen went sith!

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Perhaps you should demand a key, and then make several copies.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I need to. The only reason I didn't have one is because a few months ago we had to replace the lock and my mother just hasn't gotten around to getting copies made. Normally we have one hidden in the shed but there are only two copies of the key; my mom has one with her car keys and my stepdad has one.

Maybe that's what I should ask for for Christmas.

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay...as a mother myself I have to ask...did you tell your mother you were going out to the diner? If not, then [face_shame_on_you]. If you did then shame on your mother for not sitting up worried sick. Oh wait...you kids all have cell phones now...so I guess moms don't do that any more. They probably just text message their kids to get their butt back home NOW! My boys want a phone. I asked them, "Do you know the phone number of any person on this planet other than our own?" The answer is "No, we just want to play games on it." Then my other son says, "We could call you from school if we forgot something at home." Yeah, like I am going to drive 30 miles home and 30 miles back to bring them their homework.:rolleyes:

11. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay...I'm 19 and I JUST got my phone. The idea of someone younger than maybe 15 or 16 needing one just doesn't work with me. Just saying :p

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is what I told them. They are 12 and 13. They don't drive and we live in the woods far away from civilization. If they go somewhere it is because I drive them and they are too young to be dropped off at a mall or theater alone. They don't want a phone for talking, they want internet capability to play games in the car.

13. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    *points at old Gameboy and DS*

There you go...games in the car :p

(personally I can't do that...I get carsick if I try and focus on something like reading or playing a game)

Plus, to do internet in the car would need 3/4G and unless you have unlimited data...that goes QUICK. Main reason I don't use the internet on my phone unless I have wi-fi.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I didn't get a phone til I turned 21. It was a cultural shock when I discovered a friend of mine who was 8 years younger than me had one since she was 17 and that was 5 years ago. I grew up with the fat, flip phones the size of a house phone so there weren't that many owners out there. There were certainly none in the hands of high schoolers back then.

There were no iPods or mp3 players, iPhones, Galaxies, Androids, iPads, laptops etc. It was wannabe Star Trek communicators too big to carry around, CD players, Gameboy, Atari, Nintendo and dinosaur PCs that filled up your entire desk.

Just thinking about how far the tech has progressed in so short of a period is mind-blowing.

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    More for me. I had a Gameboy color when I was a kid, and now we have the 3DS and the PS Vita.

Or the fact I played with an old Nokia brick when I was a kid, and now I have an iPhone 4S.

And of course, the fact that my 360 has a good 3 or 4 times the hardrive space of my old desktop computer.

Yeah...it takes getting used to :p

(of course, being only 19 its more of a WTH???!! feeling as tech goes so fast. Not that I have any right to say 'when I was a kid' :p )

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Bahabahaha! Don't get me started with the "When I was a kid...":p Meh, you got me started. CD's...try 8 track tape players and my first computer while in college was a Zenith 248 desktop with two 5 1/4 inch floppy drives and no hard drive...we are talking about kilobytes....not Mega or giga! There was no such thing as cell phones. Rich people had phones installed in their cars, but if I wanted to make a call when away from home I had to go to a phone booth! The video game I had at home was PONG! Yes PONG!

I thought it was cool when the transister radio came out that you could fit in your pocket. Cool!

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Oh I remember 8 tracks. My parents had this loooooong 8 track player/radio/LP player furniture that I remember screwing around with when I was 15. Dad threw it out and not 30 min later someone picked it up off the curb. Lol. 8 tracks and LPs had been recently replaced with cassette tapes not too long before that.

Our first computer was a Commander keyboard we attached to the b/w tv. One of my elementary schools had a floppy disk PC in one classroom in which we played Asteroids on instead of classwork. Heh.

Then Nintendo came out and I got that for Xmas and played it on our projection tv. Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros was like the best thing in the whole world to my 12 year old self. I burnt Mario into the screen.

14 we got a hard disk PC and Star Wars: TIE Fighter and Star Wars: Dark Forces were the best games ever and still are.

Then the internet came at 15 and i found myself here.

After that technology was a blur, it changed so fast.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I finally got the internet in my house in 2001.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, she did know I was out. I told her right before I left that I'd probably be there until midnight or later, and not to lock the door.

My half brothers are 13 and they think they are entitled to a cell phone. I didn't get my first cell phone till I was 18. Their grandparents want to get them one each for Christmas, but my mother said hell no - they are distracted from their schoolwork as it it. Their grandmother is the type of Hutt that will go against my mother. If she does, it'll be world war III in this house Christmas day.

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I firmly believe that kids feel entitled to cell phones because you have the more lenient (I could say a heck of a lot worse) parents who give their kids a phone when they turn 10 (or even younger) and that makes the kids who don't have phones go 'but my friend has a *insert phone here*!! Why can't I have one?!!!?' :rolleyes:

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I don't have kids but I have nephews i adore and if they ever said that to me I'd reply: "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it?"

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    See, if it was a small bridge and jumping off of it was fun and not that dangerous then I'd so jump. :p

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That reminds me of a Simpsons Episode:

Marge: What on earth possessed you to getting an earring?
    Bart: Milhouse has one.
    Marge: If Milhouse jumped off a cliff--
    Bart: Milhouse jumped off a cliff? I'm there!

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Fortunately they are not Bart Simpsons. Lol

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    We have a bat in our washing machine. We tried to rescue it by trapping it in a coffee can, but now it is hiding underneath the spinner thingie. It's a cute little thing, barely the size of the palm of my hand (i have tiny hands).

I always thought bats go for the attic... our washing machine is down in the basement. [face_dunno]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.