main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cards With Square Corners

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by RompWats, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    Anybody know how to get cards with square corners? I bought 20 off this guy for a few bucks and I don't know where he got it.

2. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I've never heard of this before...

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    me neither. you sure that these aren't home made cards...or perhaps promos?

4. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Which cards are they??? Are they from an expansion or are they not from any expansion??

Perhaps the guy got ahold of an uncut sheet and tried to make a few bucks off of it by cutting the individual cards off of the sheet without rounding the corners.

5. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Hey, I never thoiught of that. You certainly would get square corners if he just used a paper cutter. Good thinkin'.

6. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    Ok, these are from Cloud City. They are not scissor cut or anything. The borders are the same width as normal cards, but where the corner is not round, it's square. These cards could not be cut because each card is the same size as the other square cards and normal cards. Plus the edges are straight. And what cutting leaves on a card is white edges, which these cards do not. So I don't know how to explain this.

7. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    Ok, I just measured a square card behind a Mara. The length and width of the cards are equal except that the corner is bigger since that is where the machines round the corners. And you can place the cards staning up on a flat surface and none of the cards are bigger than the other.

8. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    hmmmm... strange. that couldn't have been done by a paper cutter, unless the edges were painted, which would be pretty hard to do.

9. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    Looks like a normal card. No paint traces on the cards.

10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    It's possible that an industrial paper cutter could have been used. With those, a specific size can be set so all incisions can be made uniform. I think it's similar to the process Decipher/Carta Mundi uses to cut printed cards from the uncut sheet.

The reason I'm so skeptical is because I was almost duped into buying some forged STCCG cards (with squared off corners, coincidentially) and had I not had been so observant, I may have been taken.

11. RompWats

RompWats Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    Even if industrial cutters were used, must have been expensive to use. but I doubt it. If you actually saw it, it could only be done by Decipher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.