main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Darksiders, 33rd update, 19th March 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 4, 2011.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: "Cat litter", an attempt to redeem Dark Siders

Author: AzureAngel2, still loving to teach her mother language in a country far, far away. Even though this is not that easy most of the time.

Co-Author and editor: @DarthUncle, husband, secretary, editor and wonderful cook.

Chief Editor: the charming, funny and brilliant @SWpants

Time frame: The story itself takes place during the fall of Jacen Solo to the Dark Side of the Force, but is played out long before even the Old Republic did exist.

Rating: PG

Note: Please be aware that this story contains scenes of violence and self-harm, and references to abuse and trauma recovery!

Summary: Jacen Skywalker, alias Darth Caedus, has fastened his cousin Ben Skywalker to the Embrace of Pain, an evil device of the Yuuzhan Vong for prisoner restraint. While screaming himself hoarse with agony, an unknown Force ghost visits Ben. The beautiful woman shrouds herself not only in mystery, but in wise words and honest pleas that do not help him to cope with the situation that he is in. She even tells him her entire life story.

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas and Lucas Lt. !!!

Notes: The number three is magical in the SW universe. The original trilogy has three movies and so does the prequel. Han and Leia have three children: Jaina, Jacen and Anakin.

My latest story is about Princess Grianán, a powerful Force bender from the Tjiehenet family. The reader already came across her in http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/27964375/p1]?Serpent-Spawn?[/link[/URL]] and http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/31414474/p1/?3]?Wolf[/URL] Whelp?. She will face Luçien, her opponent, in many different ways.

This time, I asked myself what the Dark Side of the Force does to the family members of a fallen person, to the lover that he has and to the possible children that exist between them.

Love and patience are the answer to the darkness, I think.

Once more wookiepedia articles helped with research and inspiration. Thanks for all the hard work by all the different authors who provide the internet with their knowledge.

Here is a short overview over the existing chapters in so far:

Prologue
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/P8070053.jpg]

Chapter 1: Serenity

Chapter 2: For the love of a princess
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PA240001.jpg]

Chapter 3: Family encounters
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PA250017.jpg]

Chapter 4: Hazy shade of winter
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PA260040.jpg]

Chapter 5: Fragments of a childhood

Chapter 6: The gift

Chapter 7: Shattered dreams
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB150043.jpg]

Chapter 8: Guardian angel

Chapter 9: Against all odds
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB060080.jpg]

Chapter 10: The story teller
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB060092.jpg]

Chapter 11: Fragments of the past
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB080016.jpg]

Chapter 12: Another door opens
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PA260027.jpg]

Chapter 13: Bouncing off clouds

Chapter 14: The heart knows best

Chapter 15: The wind in the willows
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB060099.jpg]

Chapter 16: Soul bond

Chapter 17: Myrtle and ivy
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/P2220035.jpg]

Chapter 18: The crone

Chapter 19: The confession
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB050050.jpg]

Chapter 20: Silent all those years
    [image=http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2/AzureAngel2_2006/Art Studies/PB080005.jpg]

Chapter 21: A dan

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    This should be interesting.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great beginning, intriguing as usual

4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    So that is two candidates already for my PM list. Then we have Gkilkenny with a computer problem and Chilla, being busy with her studies. And of course pants, my editor, plus DU, my co-editor & muse.

Let´s see!

* Lady_Misty
    * earlybird-Obi-Wan
    * SWpants666
    * DarthUncle
    * Gkilkenny
    * Chilla

Anybody on or off?

5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Prologue:

From the day that he was born there had been plenty of instability, travelling, frustration and hardship. His mother and his father had been like distance stars

I hate that he and the Solo kids had to grow up like that. It?s so sad.

The person he had trusted with his life and his health and his sould had attacked him with a bolt of Force lightening.

:( :(

Whoever this woman was, she had no idea what real physical pain was.

HAH!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!

I?m glad that you split it into a prologue and first chapter.

And I love the addition of your art! :D

Chapter 1: Serenity

I was born dead. It was a matter of the heart. Actually it was broken before it all began.

Such a terrible beginning.

I, my mother´s seventh daughter

The number seven is also very important too.

The serenity of the Force vortex was still inside me. It was a place where everything was possible. Where the heart was the compass of the soul.

I wish such a thing existed inside of me. Or, I believe it does, I just wish that I could feel it all the time.

:)

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    His mother and his father had been like distance stars, which he could admire in all their shining beauty from a distance.

:( Such a difficult childhood.

It had been much easier for him to be with his aunt Princess Leia Organa and his uncle Han Solo.

Although Han's and Leia's children were suffering from the same fate when they were young.

And then the most unthinkable had happened. His mother been stabbed by a poisoned dart. The killer was still on the loose.

:_| And Ben was just 14.

The person he had trusted with his life and his health and his sould had attacked him with a bolt of Force lightening.

:_|

Yet dark thoughts nested inside his soul. The things that he would do to seek revenge from Jacen, once he was free again.

Wow. Great sentence.
    Easy to see why Ben is so close to falling to the Dark Side.

While he screamed his lungs, out a blue figure appeared next to him. It was a woman, as gently build as his aunt Leia. She held herself with the same royal air. Her lovely face was framed by blond curls. She seemed very distressed.

Grianan is such a sweet person. Always trying to save people from the Dark Side.

Whoever this woman was, she had no idea what real physical pain was. It was easy coming back as a Force ghost and holding serene lectures.

Grianan is one of the few who understands.

She was unnervingly persisted though. Her voice still sounded through his throbbing head.

I like how she keeps trying and doesn't give up.

And then, simple as that she told him the story of her life.

I loooooovvveee how you've tied Grianan's story in with Legacy of the Force!

I was born dead. It was a matter of the heart. Actually it was broken before it all began.

Wow! What a great sentence to start a story!

My spirit remained in the Force vortex, a place of great beauty and peace. Glittering mist was everywhere. Time and space had no meaning. Serenity reigned. I wanted to stay there forever.

I wouldn't want to leave such a place, either.

But my mother, god queen Arcana Tamisra Tjiehenet, had decided differently for me. Dark Side energies crackled over and through my body.

Acana's title always reminds me of "Dune" and the "Godking" there.

This "resurrection" would explain partly why Lucien hates Grianan so much. She was touched by the Dark Side shortly after her birth, even though that wasn't her doing. But he, in his twisted mind, will think that she was tainted ever since.

I, my mother´s seventh daughter, was reborn into darkness, blood, dirt and chaos. It was wrong. I belonged to the light.

Wow. Again, I love the way you have written it. "I belonged to the light." has to be one of my favorite lines ever.

In the first moments of my young life I understood a basic principle: Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering.

No wonder she seemed so mature even as a child.

Instead of clinging on to the pain that I felt, I let go of it, accepting it for what it was.

I hope this will help her through everything Lucien will do to her.

It was a place where everything was possible. Where the heart was the compass of the soul.

I wish I had that vortex. "The heart as the compass of the soul" is a beautiful expression.

Her heartbeat told me the stories of her home planet Sapuhru. About the constant struggle for life in the dune sea. There was much that I could learn from her about survival. I just had to cling on to her.

I like how Grianan can tell so much right away.

I could die another day.

I like that she decides to live. But I wish she would be happier about it. Then again, who can blame her? Compared to the Vortex, life is most cruel.

Great start to your new story! Finally I'll get to hear it from Grianan's perspective!

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    But it was that way, was it not. Actually I find the on-going betrayal of trust even worse than the Embrace of pain.

Yes. It's much more painful and depressing

It exists! Believe!

I do! :D

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Good, very good. Then let me give you more:

When Mother finally came to her senses, she carried both Isabeau and me out of the remains of the Fons Vitae. I was received by a group of snake priestesses immediately. Each of them had to touch me and breathe a kiss against my brow. Blessings were murmured. I was regarded as a miracle of the Force. Not only had I returned from the Netherworld of the Force, but I had shown extraordinary skills insofar.

I did not feel so special. In the end I was just a small baby, very tired and dirty. I longed to sleep for a while.

Isabeau got separated from me and was put on a stretcher. I had not much time to look after her because there was a little girl seeking my attention. She poked her way through the lines of grown-ups with determined elbows. Everybody looked down at her in amusement rather than to scold her for her rude manners. She was about the same age as my elder siblings. Her dirty blond hair was braided. There were many scars on her naked chest, but she still had the sweetest face imaginable. Her eyes had a dark green shade. So dark that they almost seemed black.

?Mi chiamo Aranea Verbera Djed. É un piacere conoscerti!? she said to me, when one of the priestesses lowered me down to her. My name is Aranea Verbera Djed. Nice to meet you!

I liked to hear the native language of my mother, promising myself to learn it as much as Basic and all the other languages that were spoken aloud on the Holy Isle. To be a telepath held the danger of boredom. I would enjoy it more if I could I use my mouth and ears for communication.

Aranea had not finished her little speech yet. ?You saved my grandmother. Not that she deserved it, but I am glad that you have given Darksiders a change.?

?Darksiders?? Mother wondered, eyeing Aranea suspiciously. ?What exactly is a Darksider for you??

I had the feeling it was wrong to answer that question, but the girl explained unconcerned: ?Folk like You, big queen.?

?Like me?? Mother asked. Somehow her voice trembled. It was like an echo of the stone avalanche inside the underground caves.

Aranea nodded eagerly. ?Darksiders use the Force to make everybody miserable.?

Mother?s eyes turned into slits. ?What do you mean by miserable??

Aranea also could answer that. ?I do not buy that crap about the glory of the dark side. It only makes me cry when grandmother acts like a crazy person. You grown-ups can be so full of it that you forget a lot.?

?Such as?? inquired Mother with a creamy undertone.

?That Force lightening can hurt a lot. Not only on the outside.? Aranea put a hand on her chest, right where her heart was. ?Mostly in here.?

Mother breathed in abruptly in before she shouted, ?Noctura!?

An elderly woman came forth, covered with dust and bleeding from a head wound. She was shaking with fear. ?Regina devina??

?You have a very determined granddaughter in Aranea here. I wish to see more of her in the future. She can be with my daughter Grianán any time she wants to. Even if it is in the middle of a tropical rain storm.?

?Ciao, mio bellissimo principessa! Torno subito!?For some reason Aranea lifted her thumb up and showed it to me with a big grin. Good-bye my beautiful princess! I will be right back!

Mother pointed at the snake priestess. ?Agents will visit your household on a daily basis and report directly to me. Cosmetic operations will not be required. Aranea carries her scars with pride. They make her what she is: a strong and outright person. I like the girl. More than you do, it seems.?

Noctura clenched her

10. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Not only had I returned from the Netherworld of the Force, but I had shown extraordinary skills insofar.

*snorts* that?s for freaking sure

To be a telepath held the danger of boredom.

I can believe it.

?Folk like You, big queen.?

Seriously.
    And I?ll keep the capitalized ?You? in mind for the future, if it ever comes up again :)

Aranea nodded eagerly. ?Dark siders use the Force to make everybody miserable.?

[face_laugh] ah it?s so true

Aranea carries her scars with pride. They make her what she is: a strong and outright person.

I do like Aranea for that. It?s unfortunate that more people can?t be like that. Then again, we?d have so many bold people running around that I think there?d be more arguments at times :p

There was definitely good in my mother. She had empathy for other beings. Her redemption was possible.

Y?know, Grianan really does see too much good in some people. Like freaking Lucien. Ugh.

I wondered what else life around here had to offer. There seemed to be so much to explore and to do. To pass over the Force vortex for all this richness proved to be a wonderful exchange.

:D Yes, life is full of many riches.

The links are distracting to the story. I understand why you put them in, I think (to link people back to the original mention) but they do interrupt the flow.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Finding friends seemed to be easy in the jungle. I wondered what else life around here had to offer. There seemed to be so much to explore and to do. To pass over the Force vortex for all this richness proved to be a wonderful exchange.

Jungles and forest are very relaxing places and I am very fond of the earthy smells of the tropical rainforests too.

Peace and love is needed to redeem the dark siders.[:D]

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
  13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I was received by a group of snake priestesses immediately. Each of them had to touch me and breathe a kiss against my brow. Blessings were murmured.

Somehow I don't like the thought of snake-priestesses very much, or the thought of being "blessed" by them. But Clementia at least seems like a nice person... [face_thinking] I guess I'll wait and see if they are good or not.

I was regarded as a miracle of the Force. Not only had I returned from the Netherworld of the Force, but I had shown extraordinary skills insofar.

For a baby - definitely. Heck, most teenage force-users wouldn't do as well as Grianan as a baby.

I did not feel so special. In the end I was just a small baby, very tired and dirty. I longed to sleep for a while.

She's so mature and self-aware at such a young age. Reminds me of the Atreides (Paul, Alia, Leto, Ghanima) from Dune. Born with full-consciousness while still in their mothers' wombs....they already were mature as children, like Grianan.

She poked her way through the lines of grown-ups with determined elbows. Everybody looked down at her in amusement rather than to scold her for her rude manners. She was about the same age as my elder siblings. Her dirty blond hair was braided. There were many scars on her naked chest, but she still had the sweetest face imaginable. Her eyes had a dark green shade. So dark that they almost seemed black.

My name is Aranea Verbera Djed. Nice to meet you!

She's on of the rat-pack, isn't she? Nice to see how they met Grianan!

Aranea had not finished her little speech yet. ?You saved my grandmother. Not that she deserved it, but I am glad that you have given Dark siders a change.?

Grianan is setting a trend from early on. Trying to safe dark-siders.

?Dark siders?? my mother wondered, eyeing Aranea suspiciously. ?What exactly is a Dark sider for you??

I had the feeling it was wrong to answer that question, but the girl explained unconcerned: ?Folk like You, big queen.?

Ouch. :p She's a brave little thing. Then again, with that grandmother, she had to be tough.

?Like me?? my mother asked. Somehow her voice trembled. It was like an echo of the stone avalanche inside the underground caves.

Aranea is right. Unfortunately Arcana doesn't realize it. But I'm glad Arcana isn't so far gone yet that she's harming Aranea for her words.

?That Force lightening can hurt a lot. Not only on the outside.? Aranea put a hand on her chest, right where her heart was. ?Mostly in here.?

Awww! Poor little one!

?You have a very determined granddaughter in Aranea here. I wish to see more of her in the future. She can be with my daughter Grianán any time she wants to. Even if it is in the middle of a tropical rain storm.?

Rat-pack, rat-pack.... :D

?From now on you better give your utmost to make Aranea happy. It is your responsibility to be the parent that she lost.?

Ohhh, I like it so much here to see that there is good in Arcana! And Grianan sees it, too! That's why she believes...:There was definitely good in my mother. She had empathy for other beings. Her redemption was possible.

?Death and life belong together, principessa. One cannot exist without the other. It keeps the universe in balance. It is left to each of us though to keep ourselves balanced. That is the blessing and the curse of a free will.?

I can see this woman having a great influence on Grianan's "Weltbild" from early on.

She could teach me to be self-contained and help me harness the ability to endure any kind of pain.

Force knows Grianan will need it. :(

Clenched to the chest of the sleeping crone was a baby. She was fully awake and gazed at me with lime green eyes. An adventurous sparkle lay in those eyes.

?Mora, meet Principessa Grianán.?

Mora is part of the rat-pack, too, isn't she? Oh, I like how they all meet so early in their childhood. No wonder they are hard to seperate later!

I wondered what else life around here had to offer.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now we will see more of Grianan:)Yes[face_dancing] and what will happen during her life

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It was important to me to see a notorious Dark Sider like our Lucien through the eyes of a lover as well.

After we had the "evil" step-sister and the hopeful student that is.

Tenel Ka Djo loved Jacen. Padmé loved Anakin.

Because I will be busy on Friday, let me give you the next up-date now:

The royal bedchamber lay high on top of a great pyramid. Delicate and graceful flowers framed the countless stone steps that Ischáh had to climb. It was a stairway to heaven. My entire skin prickled. This was a place of power, cleverly linked to the Unifying Force; a bridge between heaven and earth.

?These flowers are called orchids, principessa,? Clementia explained to me. ?They represent the love between Ischáh and her children of the Force. In addition, they stand for luxury, beauty and strength.?

I smiled my toothless smile.

?It is better to offer the goddess honey and flowers instead of human skulls. In the old times I would have been forced to walk through a sea of dried blood. Be glad that you are born into an age of Enlightenment and peace.?

I was with all my heart.

Mother´s was positioned where the four elements met with the four cardinal points. It was a large hammock in which my fellow serpent-spawn already lay. I could feel them all in there. It was comforting when they reached out for me telepathically. They recognised me as kin. We had communicated that wordlessly before in mother´s womb.

Somebody else was waiting for me, too.

My mouth watered as Clementia passed me to a naked chest.

?Ciao, bella!? Mother spoke aloud to me instead of using telepathy. She knew how much I enjoyed the vibration of her chest. How excited I was about sounds. Hello, beauty!

Greedily I found the source of her milk. I relished every gulp that I took.

Mother addressed the snake priestess with great kindness. ?I can see Grianán is wearing a nappy, Clementia. How good of you to arrange that. I reckon you have children of your own.?

?Si! Just one daughter. Mora is her name.?

I felt Mother walking around with me, rocking me in her arms. ?With Isabeau gone for a while, I need a trustworthy and lovable person around. I wonder if you could be that person to the second serpent-spawn. The older ones can take care of themselves.?

?Certainly, regina devina!? exclaimed the other woman with joy. It was very infectious.

I felt Mother smile. It lit up her entire body. A corona of love formed around her head. ?Clementia, you can also bring your daughter Mora around. It will do her good to have the company of other children at her age. An Ophidea child should not grow up on her own.?

The snake priestess´ heart jumped excitedly. The greatest dream she had for her daughter came true. A companion, somebody as close as a real sibling. She kissed the feet of my mother with gratitude and shrieking sounds of glee.

The prospect to see one of my new friends so soon was very promising. I could not wait for that. Life seemed to have much in stock for me. Things the Force vortex seemed not to offer.

Later on, a group of children enthusiastically stormed in. I had felt them in the Force before, waiting for my birth. They were my elder siblings: Adamah, Èleos, Caelestris, Sereno, Aréte and Phosphoros. Their shiny, happy faces filled my blurry view.

I got patted and stroked by many hands.

There was enough love and compassion in this family left to work with. We were not lost yet.

In the late evening hours, our father Agathos Aletheia joined us. ?Grianán, hárika!? he spoke to me in the language of Amnion. Grianán, pleased to meet you!

It felt good to be kissed by his bearded face. There was so much kindness in him. His light balanced the darkness of my mother. Due to him, she was whole. He was her conscience, her measurement.

I buried my face against his throat.

It seemed possible to keep the dark

17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    ?They represent the love between Ischáh and her Children of the Force. In addition, they stand for luxury, beauty and strength.?

That makes me smile and wish for orchids.

How excited I was about sounds.

Babies? reactions to sounds in general are funny to watch.

There was enough love and compassion in this family left to work with. We were not lost yet. I would do what I could to make sure it stayed this way.

It breaks my heart, knowing of some of her future.

Chapter 2: For the love of a princess

They were the brightest blue imaginable

Darn him and his blue eyes!
    Can?t fool me now, Lucien. Nuh-uh

?What have you done, you miserable beast?? he pressed out. ?How dare you! What evil magic is that??

He?s absolutely moronic. ?Evil magic? indeed.

?Nobody should have such a large responsibility at your young age, bella.?

:( No, they shouldn?t.

Will he ever learn? He cannot be twenty-two. He is still the sulking boy of fifteen who would not want to talk to me, when...?

Mm, never? I don?t think he ever fully matures.

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes it is ironic.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

20. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    His blindness is the whole drama here. He is a master assassin and a witch hunter. He swore his life and health to protect the home stead of the ducal House Ankou and all that belongs to it. He spent a life time cleaning up the mess of others: the god queens of Cunabula, Alezan, outlaws... that makes fanatic at a point. He really, really believes in his own righteousnes as much as Frollo from "Notre Dame de Paris".

Ugh so true. And he learns the hard way that he's not so righteous.

Actually, "Behind Blue Eyes" is one of my least favourite LIMP BIZKIT songs. :p

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *is still at school after a very successful day and waits for her kind college to drop her at the train station*

'Behind blue eyes' is the only song that I know from them... [face_blush]... and about Lucien, it is really the tragedy of a Dark Sider.

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    ?It is better to offer the goddess honey and flowers instead of human skulls. In the old times I would have been forced to walk through a sea of dried blood. Be glad that you are born into an age of Enlightenment and peace.?

Ugh. I'm glad those times are over!

It was a large hammock in which my fellow serpent-spawn already lay. I could feel them all in there. It was comforting when they reached out for me telepathically. They recognised me as kin.

I think it's so cool how they can communicate telepathically.

?Ciao, bella!? Hello, beauty!

I always thought that the Italian "ciao" means "goodbye". :confused:

I felt my mother smile. It lit up her entire body. A corona of love formed around her head.

Oh, I like seeing the kind Arcana.

Life seemed to have much in stock for me. Things the Force vortex seemed not to offer.

:_| Unfortunately Grianan will experience many hardships, too!

There was enough love and compassion in this family left to work with. We were not lost yet.

[face_dancing] I'm so glad the light side in them stays strong.

There was so much kindness in him. His light balanced the darkness of my mother. Due to him, she was whole. He was her conscience, her measurement.

I like him. [face_love] But sadly not even his kindness and the children's love were able to save Arcana.

It seemed possible to keep the Dark Side in check, that there was a middle way between passion and serenity.

She saw in her own family that the darkness can be kept at bay. When she sees Lucien, she knows that he can be saved, too.

Within one sun week I met my own dark mirror. He sneaked in with the twilight of dusk.

I love the desription of Lucien.

?Tu as des beaux yeux, ? he started muttering in his mother tongue, absolutely puzzled.You have beautiful eyes.

I'm glad he can see something beautiful in her.
    And Grianan's eyes....they seem to be very special.

It was my salvation that he did not know what to make of me. I stared back, diving deep into his soul. It was a startling place, so deep and hollow. I knew the pain before the wound. My mother was only sick from the Dark Side. This man here almost incorporated it... and yet there was a conflict. It devoured him from the inside-out.

She has such an amazing insight. But it makes me very sad that Lucien already carries so much darkness in him - he's just 22! I dislike this Brotherhood of his for indoctrinating him.

?Damn you, Sionnach O'Conghaile - ? he muttered under his breath in Basic. ?I cannot kill a baby. How could you possibly have known that I would fail??

At least he won't kill a baby. *sighs in relief*

Along with a tiny piece of my soul, I placed a bright, burning promise inside him. He was stunned, at first.

My light shone in his chest like a beacon of hope now.

What an amazing scene!
    That explains why Lucien always felt himself drawn to Grianan.

We belonged to one another like day and night. From now on, his soul would crave for its counterpart. And I had to live with a strain of his darkness, but I could manage that.

Great contrast between them. Grianan is such an amazing character.

I blinked at her, not comprehending. The Force vortex gave me a wisdom beyond my young age, but there was still much for me to learn.

Oh, I like this. She knows so many things at her early age - but not everything. That is good.

?It is too bad that Sionnach is the mother of his children. That forces me to leave them alive instead of having my revenge. They are also family, you know. She is your cousin.?

So Arcana is aware of Sionnach and of Sionnach's situation and family. But I'm glad she won't take revenge - this line sounded to me as if she would kill Lucien's entire family for his crimes if she could, instead of just killing him.

Members of a clan sho

23. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    It can be both, kind of like "aloha"

24. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ah, thank you! :) We use "ciao" in Germany as well, but only in the sense of "goodbye". Hence my confusion.

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005