main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[CCG] Virtual set #3: Get in line!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by BrenDerlin, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    Sorry, I just felt some nostalgia swelling up in me, and seeing an online line for the TCG ANH, I thought I'd start one for the new virtual set coming out. Virtual set #3, which incidentally, contains mostly cards from ANH (correct me if I'm wrong).

Sure, the TCG guys have 2 months, and we've only got about a week, but we've got something they don't......The actual designers posting in here!

So, come on, there's plenty of sodas and pizza for everyone! (I ordered it earlier)

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Have any spoilers been released yet? I remember a couple rough-worded ones were awhile back, but what about finalized versions?

3. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Gets in line. Sets up a few refreshments, and a plate of cake pieces from Bib's party a few months back.

The spoiler was Commander Evram Lajale (sp?). It gave nav comps to starships that didn't have them, or something like that.

4. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Hey pass one of those drinks over here. The pizza here yet?

Anyway, from what I understand, MBO, DBO, and Black Sun all get helpers--whilst podracing, senate, and WYS all get introduced to the Imperial Wrecking Crew.. And supposedly Greedo is one bad Rodian mamma jamma--he has actual forfeit now.. WHAT?! ;)

5. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Helpers for DBO?

Yabba Dabba Doooooooooo!

Whoa, there I go showing my age again. :)

6. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I wonder what other decks get a boost.

Hopefully SYCFA flip. ;)

7. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    (Sigh) I miss the old days, when we would stand in line for weeks waiting for REAL cards.....

Hand me a piece of that cake, will ya?

8. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I did not know the 2nd one was outr yet. Where can I find it?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  10. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    PPPBBBBTTTTT!!! Man, BPJ, that cake didn't age very well....

I need a drink to wash it down ... and maybe a piece of pizza, too....

So have y'all seen the new spoilers that help RTP? Now all you have to do to free Leia is walk R2 over there and spend one lousy Force and voila! she is free. The only drawback is you do not get to retrieve.

11. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I think SYCA (flip or otherwise) has plenty of help :)

I'd like to see a helper or two supporting a non-objective CPI deck.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I'd like to see a helper or two supporting a non-objective CPI deck.<<

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! We need something for that deck type::)

13. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    PPPBBBBTTTTT!!! Man, BPJ, that cake didn't age very well....

I need a drink to wash it down ... and maybe a piece of pizza, too....

*cracks open cooler and throws a can of mountain dew to Artie* Here ya go!

Here is a list of all the spoilers I've seen from GPN, Decktech, and of course, here. Keep in mind that most of these are not final versions, and the real ones will undoubtedly be different.

Commander Evram Lajaie (V)

All of your starships are considered to have an astromech icon. Forfeit +3 at a Rebel War Room. The forfeit of all of your piloted starships is + 1.

Red 5 (V)

May add 1 pilot and 1 astromech. Once per game, may \/ one astromech here. While Luke piloting, immune to attrition < 7 and once per battle, may cancel the game text (except capacity, identity and ability of permanent pilot) of a starfighter present.

Dark Forces (V)

Deploy on table. Once per turn, you may lose 1 Force to cancel a just drawn weapon destiny targeting your Dark Jedi, causing a redraw. Once per game, you may exchange one card in opponent?s Lost Pile with a card on their Colo Claw Fish. (Immune to Alter.)

And the following three were from a deck on decktech that used them. I'm not sure how reliable they are, please someone who's in the know clear it up for me:

Cell 2187 (V)
    Deploy on table. Once per game, may \/ non-pilot Artoo (deploy -2) to a planet site. During your control phase, if Artoo at same site as a captive Leia, may use 1 Force to release her (you retrieve no Force this turn). While Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself on table, Battle Order is suspended where Leia is present. (Immune to Alter and This Is Some Rescue).

Leia?s Sporting Blaster (V)
    Deploy on Leia or your Undercover spy. If Undercover, may ?break cover? to fire during opponent?s move phase. May target a character or creature for free. Draw destiny. Target is lost if destiny > defense value.

R2-D2 (V)
    Deploy 1
    During a battle at a site with C-3PO, may not be targeted by weapons and your destiny draws may not be canceled. Adds 3 to power, maneuver and hyperspeed to any starfighter he is aboard. Opponent may not place cards from your hand into your Used Pile while you have fewer than 13 cards in hand.

Also, if there's any I missed, please; post them!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Woah! Wait a minute! I thought the PC wasn't going to do Jedi Pack/2-player cards? AT least that was their excuse for not doing Luke/Vader/Han/etc virtual cards. But they've decided to go and use Dark Forces?

15. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Maybe they could make a card that makes it easier to blow away planets but prevents the use of FWKTIL, if they want to help CPI out.

16. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Originally Jedi Pack cards were not an option because the GD Dept. wasn't sure on their availablity to players. Then we got some new info that told us otherwise...or that we would at least be able to provide Jedi Pack cards.

The policy on the Two-Player games still stands, tho. We just don't know how many of those cards are out there or how to get enough to satisfy demand should we virtualize them and they get popular.

17. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I hope they finally make Juri Juice usefull

18. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    How about ANOTHER card:

R2-D2 (V)

Deploy 1

During a battle at a site with C-3PO, may not be targeted by weapons and your destiny draws may not be canceled. Adds 3 to power, maneuver and hyperspeed of any starfighter he is aboard. Opponent may not place cards from your hand into your Used Pile while you have fewer than 13 cards in hand.

Doug Taylor
    Red 4
    SWCCG Player Advocate
    Gameplay Design

19. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    That's nice, Doug, but how about a NEW card instead???? ;)

(Sheesh. You guys woke me up for that?? I'm going back to sleep.)

20. DOUGRED4

DOUGRED4 Jedi Master

Feb 19, 2002
    D'oh!!! My bad! I forgot R2 was one of the cards Eric spoiled in the deck he posted on DT!

How's this one instead:

Spice Mines Of Kessel (V)

EFFECT

Deploy on Kessel. While your Star Destroyer here, opponent may not play interrupts from their Lost Pile. When opponent forfeits a character here, you may lose this card to retrieve X Force, where X = that character's forfeit value. (Immune to Alter.)

Doug Taylor

21. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Wow. Nice card to use against WYS. It'll be nice to include in FWKTIL decks or any other big blue.

22. Artie-Deco

Aug 23, 2001
    Hey guys, I'm back! Had to leave for a minute (drank too much 'Dew), and saw these spoilers scribbled on the bathroom wall:

"These were given at the dpc in Seattle.

Han (V)

Power 4 Ability 3
    Deploy 3 Forfeit 6

Adds 3 to power of anything he pilots (4 to Falcon). If Or Be Destroyed on table, immune to attrition < Han s Power, and Force retrieved with Or Be Destroyed is immune to Secret Plans. While armed with a blaster, Han is defense value +2 and adds 2 to each of his weapon destiny draws.

Leia (V)

Power 3 Ability 4
    Deploy 2 Forfeit 5

Leia's game text may not be canceled. While at opponent's Galactic Senate, may lose 1 Force to place Leia and any character present out of play. Once per battle here, may cancel game text of opponent's leader of ability < 5 present for remainder of turn.

Motti (V)

Power 3 Ability 3
    Deploy 1 Forfeit 5

Adds 2 to power of anything he pilots. Once per game may \/ Kuat Drive Yards. Kuat Drive Yards is immune to Alter, and Unique (*) Star Destroyers are power + 2 (+ 5 if armed with a starship weapon).

Tarkin (V)

Power 5 Ability 3
    Deploy 3 Forfeit 7

Adds one battle destiny with Vader (or against a Rebel at a mobile site). Spies and Jar Jar may not deploy to Death Star. May subtract 2 from the Force retrieved from On The Edge or Off The Edge. Once per game may /\ Put All Sections On Alert, Hyperwave Scan, or an ISB agent. "

I must say, V-Set #3 is the most "spoiled" set so far, I think!

23. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    Only problem with that Han in profit is that with him, you'll only retrieve 5 Force, but he'll be good in Hyperdrve decks too(after all, that persona of Han is an alien :D )

24. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    What's the release date for this set, and how many cards are there supposed to be for it?

25. Ultima_1

May 16, 2001
    September 16 (I think.)
    50 cards (this I'm sure about.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.