main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebrate Good Times, c'mon...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, Mar 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Lets get together and have a good time, Saturday, March 24, afternoon or evening, the usual fare, a movie, a meal, good company. Not sure where yet, probably Yonge and Egg or Yonge and Bloor area.

Movie: Probably Enemy at the Gates, unless someone else want's to suggest something.

So, who will?

2. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    As a new memebr, i am very excited to participate but unfortunatley i am out of town this weekend the next am very busy ( a friends concert and Homework galore)

All i can say is thank you and DAMNED school

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    All I can says is, .... ..... .... ----- -- -- ------ --- ----------- -- ---- --- ..... . -. -. ---. ----. @#%G!! --- ..___---$#$@*!!! yes, I'd like fries with that.

I will second Enemy at the Gates' residences (I don't want to spoil the movie but I heard that Bill gets what's been coming to him for years...I won't say what it is, cause I don't want to spoil it..its definitely worth the price of admission, if its <$10, if not, then its worth it if PEOPLE come out, i will continue this sentence with many more commas, yeah, its a run-on, noone can stop me, NOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEE

4. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Ack...the stupid action movie trend continues! I don't know if I'll be there, there's a Fanboys gathering the same day, so....wait, then I'll definitely be there. And single, too (all Han Solo look-alikes, take note..)! ;)

Cris~

5. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    hurray for the comma, it appears in all my page length sentences, perhaps you don't know the history of a comma, well it all began in ancient greece, where they would throw lions into the sea to appease the god of french toast, who if not properly watered or worshipped would make all the french toast dry and would deny the greeks maple syrup, so they threw the lions into the sea and thus had good french toast, but it was a difficult procedure to prepare the lions for trip to the bottom of the sea, they had to be fitted with scuba gear first, which at that time consisted of two very long hoses made of an elephants intestine, one for breathing in, one for breathing out, at any rate, in order to create the hoses they have to cut them out of the elephants, naturally the GOPE (Greek Society for the Protection of Elephants) did not like this one bit, so the Greeks, before they cut the elephants, had to seperate the protestors chains from around the elephants, so in order to divide the chains they used a device called a comma, which was a small, slightly curved blade, and gradually over time, the greeks began to use this word for anything used to seperate things, thus in writing they called the device they used to seperate sentences the comma, that was the beginning of the comma.

King Bob

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
  7. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
  8. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    King bob you've become really scary since you went away to University in that Faux attempt to get an education.

As for the movie, what time? where's it playing? You do want to eat at Lick's first?
    Or should we all just meet at the York between 6:30-7 and hash it all out then?

PS: David you you give a bit more notice for the movie nights. The last two times you've posted an interest in making a movie night, you've posted it on a Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes I don't even find out there's a movie night until it's already past....

9. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    Don't worry, I'm going to move to Tulsa Oklahoma, I've discovered that the law is such that "You may not open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer" so I've decided that this is my future career, soda bottle opening supervisor, I'm gonna be rich, cause everyone likes soda.

King Bob

10. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    When do show times/locations come out?

*Celebrate comes on mp3 list" Woohoo!

Celebrate good times, c'mon...

Furthermore, KingBob has risen to new heights on the insan-o-metre since heading off for "higher" educmacation

So to KingBoB I say: We Salut you!

11. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    ...you've become a little worrisome yourself, Adam...you're both rivalling Joseph for scariest line member by now...

Cris~

12. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Cris: <does the scary look> Don't I have any standing here?

Tracy: I'll try to post plans more in advance... which will mean I'll have to plan in advance too, but I'll see what I can do.

All: Okay, here's the facts:

Place: SilverCity Yonge & Eglinton (I know it's a SC but it's not playing anywhere else that cheap and easy to get to, so I'm afraid we pay the extra money or miss the show)
    Showtime: 7:45
    Meet Time: 5:00, in front of the York, and we'll leave a post-it when we go so you can catch up, you know who you are!

13. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hope you guys had fun at the film. Let us know if it's worth the price of admission.

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    <David wearing a cunning indifference disguise>

Um, Tragic, we havn't seen it yet, we are meeting at 5:00 today, Saturday.

15. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    *looks at David's scary face* Aaaah!

...not a bad movie...just don't mention snipers around me for a while...*snicker*

Cris~

16. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    heh heh heh...

Yeah, it was quite an enjoyable film... although tearing it not quite to shreds with the person next to me did help... hope we didn't bug any of the folks seated around us.

There was some debate among us about how appropriate the amount of actual sniper-ing was, but I think this is one you'll enjoy. Maybe not for $12.50 though...

17. KingBob

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm sure you did annoy some people, as you even managed to annoy me once or twice, see, I don't have a problem with it when it's a bad movie, but I thought this was a good movie, so you could have at least waited to see it again before ripping it. Aside from that, very good movie I thought, a good time was had by Al, he enjoyed it very much, or so he told my through the toaster.

King Bob

18. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd agree, it was a good movie, and you two did annoy me on several occasions...

I felt there should have been a few more really cool sniper scenes, there was plenty but one more with more death and such would have been pretty cool...but there was still plenty.

Did Cris pay me for the movie? I don't recall.

19. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, my apologies to you both and to Al.

Anyhow, Adam, I was wondering about that two. And at least one of you owes me a bit for parking I think... but I'm sure it'll all work out sooner or later, and if not I'll blame Al.

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    It would likely be me,

we'll work things out over icq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.