main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

celebration 3

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by NOOM, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    i've seen alot of other message boards talking about
    celebration 3 and i was wondering why it isn't being talked about here. i'm planning on going to this one since it will probubly the last one ever.
    some are even counting down to keep intrest up i guess.
    so if anyone wants to jump right in...........
    anyone...anyone??????

2. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    im going to try to go this year. ive missed them in the past and dont want to miss this and maybe the last one. i do belive that if i go i will come home with some kind of geek brain damage do to the overload of starwars. ill have to spend 100 bicks just on tape for my camcorder to try to tape everything i can. hehe

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Honestly, the boards just aren't used by our group. If you'd like to organize a C3 caravan (like we did last time), I'd suggest bringing it up on the Yahoo list.

I worked last time and am hoping to get to work, again. You didn't get to wander around as much, but it was fun helping out behind the scenes. I've already blocked out the days in my work calendar. 8-}

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Yeah, Rosiewook is right. The Hothlanta Rebels just don't use the FanForce boards. The Yahoo list is certainly the better place to get more of the local Atlanta folks to discuss our CIII plans. There are probably only 5 of us Hothlanta Rebels who post at all on the boards here.

Interestingly, there was talk at the last meeting of organizing another "Caravan of Courage" up to Indy for CIII. Maybe you could help us organize it Noom?

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm hoping to go to CIII, since I have been unable to make it to both previous Celebrations.

It will all come down to how much money I have to spend and how much vacation time I have.

6. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, I went down to the good ol' CDC Credit Union today to open up my vacation account. I want to be sure I have plenty of funds to do everything I want to do around Ep3.

I'm also kinda hoping to get to one of the charity premieres. That would be cool!
    Paula

7. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    It will all come down to how much money I have to spend and how much vacation time I have.

And thats why I proably wont be able to make it. To busy with work, mainly. But it sounds like fun, A freind from the boards is orginising a group tahts going to all go in costume as the differnt members of the Jedi Strike team in NJO, which should be fun to look at pics of. (dont ask me who was in it, as I hat NJO.)

and if anyones curious, I used to use the username _3MD_PsychoSniper. but switched names.

8. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Greetings from the frozen north... Just wanted to pass this along:
    The logo is set:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/04/img/20040407_sm.jpg]
    The Website is up:
    Official Celebration III Website

9. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I really like that logo. It just connects us to the Classic Trilogy so nicely.

Wish we could've had such dramatic logos for the prior ones!

10. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Hey Guys, long time no see! I plan on going to Celebration III. Heck I'll still be in school but my parents said that I can miss a few days of 9th grade so I can go. Who knows, maybe I'll see some of you there.

11. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow. You have understanding parents! It'll be a blast. We'll keep an eye out for you!

12. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    Are any of you guys going to wear a costume to Celebration 3? I don't know if I should wear a clonetrooper costume or not...

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I'm not sure if any of us are, but several of our members are also members of the 501st and the Rebel Legion, so I know that those folks will be in costume. If I go, I hope to have at least one costume to take with me.

14. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    There are always tons of costumes at Celebration. I'd say go for it. It makes the atmosphere a lot of fun and you will not be the only one!

15. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    Thanks, I guess I will wear a costume to CIII. But first I have to save up the money 8-}. After all, I'm a 13 year old on a $5 per week budget!

16. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Dang. You're 13? I'm so impressed! Thought you were older than that.

As for the costume? A cheaper way to go might be to try for something humorous.

You could do what a lot of stormtroopers enjoy and do a variation of "Stormtrooper on Vacation." That way, you only wear part of a costume and tacky vacation wear.

Cheaper would be if you can save up for a Jedi robe and then wear a Hawaiian shirt and shorts and have all sorts of props. Get an old-fashioned camera and mock up some guide books like "A Jedi's Guide to Indianapolis."

Are you going to go with your parents? Maybe you can come up with some family costume.

If you prowl the Goodwills and Salvation Army stores, costumes don't have to cost much. You just need to be really creative about it.

Ooo...a brown robe (if you can even find one) and pajamas underneath. Hang a lightsaber off of the belt of the robe and carry around a mug. Carry around a mocked up Coruscant newspaper and you're a Jedi getting out of bed in the morning. 8-}

Point is, you don't have to kill your budget (you need funds to buy things at C3, anyway). And see if there's anyone you can borrow things from.

Or, worse comes to worst, just go in everyday street wear like 75% of the folks there.
    Paula

17. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hello FF Atlanta!

I'm "Sal" the guy that's negotiating a deal with GenCon for lower rates and possibly prebooking rooms before they become available to the general public.

The deadline for submission of numbers has been extended to July 1st.

So, if you haven't as yet said you were going, you have another week to do so. (PM your CR.)

The negotiation for rooms is taking place before they are being offered to the general public. This is for rooms at one of the connected hotels to the convention center.

In the event we cannot negotiate a deal for either cheaper rates or pre-booking or both, there is no harm no foul since this will be decided upon before the actual booking takes place.

The following is a "letter" I passed along to the CR's in the CR forum. Please read carefully and if interested have your CR contact me no later than the new deadline of July 1st.

Start copy/paste
    To all CR's, RSA's and GSA's,

This is a formal letter regarding hotel room booking information for CIII. I have been told by Terry (aka: Rox) that I am authorized to negotiate a group rate for all of Fanforce. It is my hope to secure a full hotel connected to the convention center (by skywalk) for all of Fanforce before the general public is able to book rooms. I am fairly confident that this is possible.

What I need from you all is a tally of FIRM numbers of interested people from your respective Fanforce chapters. (Also, if you have some "possibles," you may give me a count for those as well.)

Please format your numbers as such:
    Pittsburgh FF: 14 Firm, 6 Possibles

I will need your final tally no later than June 21st, EDIT-the deadline is now July 1st, so that I may compile the list and start negotiating with GenCon (the promoters of CIII).

The 501st already has a deal through them for 250 rooms, but I am confident that with the combined presence of Fanforce we will be able to have many more rooms requested, and could then present a valid case for special consideration in regards to discount rates and "pre-booking".

The room rates quoted to me so far (this was by one specific hotel so rates may differ slightly)
    were as such:

$134 per night for a single (1 person) 1 double bed
    $144 per night for a single (2 person) 1 king bed
    $154 per night for a single (3 person) 1 king bed, 1 roll out bed
    $164 per night for a single (4 person) 2 doubles

Should the actual rates be different (whether higher or lower) you will be notified immediately after I receive that information.

The bed size may vary by hotel. You will also be notified of that should it differ than what is quoted here.

The information contained in the replies I receive will figure prominently in the negotiating process and, as a result, will need to be as accurate as humanly possible since a contract will most likely need to be drawn up.

Do not "pad" your numbers. Only firm numbers, please. (The "possibles" may be taken into account, but I suspect that unlikely.) We, as Fanforce, can not be responsible for extra rooms not filled, so once again I urge you to be absolutely confident with your figures before you submit them to me.

Since this is just the beginning of the negotiation phase, I do not yet have any answers regarding who, how, and when you will be able to pay for rooms. Rest assured that I will post this information immediately after finding out, so as to give you and your respective members as much time as possible to make whatever decisions you need to make regarding payment.

If there are any questions regarding CIII room booking, please PM me for now and I will ensure that a special thread be made for this, which will include a FAQ.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Let's show our "force,"
    jedi_master_sal

End copy/paste

Keep in mind that hotel rooms before GenCon's discount for one of the connected hotels would have been $200 or more. So we are already getting a great deal.
    Any questions please have your CR forward them to me. T

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I just ran across that thread in the CR forum yesterday evening. I'll pass it along to the Hothlanta Rebs officers and then take it from there.

Thanks for posting the info! :D

19. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Since your the RSA, would you mind passing this along to the other chapters in your region? Please.

Time is running short for me to submit this to GenCon and I need all the help possible.

Thanks.

20. WedgeAntilles1

Sep 16, 2002
    Have you guys heard of the episode III Title? "Revenge Of The Sith". I like it! I'm going to try to buy one of the T-shirts online if I can!

21. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I LOVE the title! The first film, honestly, where I didn't have to get used to the title. (I thought both ESB and ROTJ were wierd titles, too.)

It just feels like it's all coming together, doesn't it? I'm SO psyched!

I caved and ordered a t-shirt. I guess we'll see everyone who was at Comic-Con because they sold the t-shirts live, there. The rest of us will have to wait until August. :[face_sigh]:

22. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we shall have our REVENGE." Very appropriate verbage from Episode I. I knew Darth Maul was more than a bad-ass looking dude.

23. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Well, look who just got the chill! =D=

I think we're going to have fun between now and Ep3.

24. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Yup, I got the chill alright. Think I freaked some office folks out to when it hit. [face_laugh]

So much Star Wars-y goodness coming this year. The DVDs (don't forget Ewoks and Droids on DVD too) and Celebration III (see, keeping the post on thread topic) and of course ROTS.

By the way, I hope they post some rooming and ticket info soon for CIII. I'm getting antsy for it. :cool:

Jace

25. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Some of the coverage of Comic-Con mentioned September. So that must mean the advanced notice will be out about the middle to end of August?

I hope! I can't wait for C3!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.