main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Celebration of Light (FINAL DETAILS POSTED! PLEASE CHECK LAST POST)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TIEPilot051999, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Welcome Severus.

You can actually talk about Star Wars on the boards if you want. There're lots of hardcore fans crawling about.

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, we still haven't figured out a time, but at least I can tell you where we're gonna be. Usually, we go to the side of the park where the swimming pool and playground are set up.

Hopefully that's of help to somebody.

3. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Which park are we talking about, Kits? Do we know which day we are going?

4. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    I take it it's not going to be today then?

5. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Nope. Still shooting for this Saturday. And my parents still don't know where it is we'll be watching. Hopefully, I'll be able to find out before Friday.

6. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
  7. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    OK, folks. I know it's last minute, but I figured I should let you guys know.

My family has decided that we will be going to Vanier Park to watch the Celebration of Light. I have some of your phone numbers, and I assume that all of you have my cell number. (Anyone who doesn't NEEDS to contact me ASAP). We plan to be there by early afternoon in order to get a good spot.

8. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    So I take it you're going to call with the final details (ie precise meeting time and location)? And I assume that everyone is to bring his/her own food.

9. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Yes. I'll call you when I get there. And Josh will be there at 8:00. He'll call me when he gets there.

Yeah.

10. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    ok, sounds good.

11. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    How were the fireworks? You could sure hear them at Malkim Bowl! They went off at appropriate time too! During a nightmare! They continued onto a scene where the two leads are tesing a toy called ring a ding boxing (it's like rock em sock 'em boxers) the girl tricks the guy and he falls over then the guy tricks the girl and she falls over and he yelled "WHERE ARE YOUR FIREWORKS NOW?!"

It's not a line in the show. We all had a good laugh about that one!

12. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    The fireworks were very cool. I believe it was Sweden's night, and you could see they used the blue and gold from their flag at various points in the show. Also, I'm sure I heard several Abba songs as part of the background music.

That's pretty cool that the actors in your show referred to the fireworks like that. That's one of the neat things about live theatre that you just can't get in a recorded performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.