main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V - Countdown

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    The wife and I will be in Orlanda Monday afternoon. The first three days we're there are her's, the next four are ALL MINE!!!! [face_laugh]

2. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    In spirit of this post from Jedijustin, I'd also like to add "...I'm ready to party! Are you ready to party Patrick?! I'm ready to party! Are you ready to party Mr. Krabs?! I'm ready to party! Are you ready to party Patrick?! I'm ready to party! Are you ready party Spongebob?! I'm ready to party! Are you ready party Mr. Krabs?! I'm ready to party! Are you ready to party Spongebob?! I'm ready to..." Well...you get the point, lol.

AAAAHHHH!!! I can't believe it! It's almost here!!! :D Just 2 1/2 more working days for me and I'm omw to Florida for my first Celebration ever. It's to good to be true man.

But hey, that being the case, I had a question for the more experienced Celebration veterans. I was planning out what the wife and I were gonna check out while being at the celebration and looking at the list of activities. There were a few things that got my interest, but I'm not sure what they are and was hoping maybe you guys could shed some light. Namely the Hoth Rebel Base Diorama building, the Lucasarts Free play area, and the Star Wars Family room. What are all those? Do you guys know?

3. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    BACO,
    Your fandom is awesome bud.

4. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    LOL, thank you. Yeah, I have been known to be a lil crazy/hyper/silly. Even more so when something happens that I'm excited for. So yeah, lol :D

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    With just a few short days remaining before the party gets started, what is everyone's expected CV budget?

6. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'M HERE IN ORLANDO!!!!!!! WHOOHOOOOO!!!! Drove by the convention center and it it HUGE!!!! Lookin forward to Thursday. Perhaps I'll see some of you cosplayers at Disney before. :)

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Right now I just feel like this:

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-qjBuF-o5f4/TEuhd1XPKzI/AAAAAAAAEjc/cHS1ICfmasA/s400/sokka.jpg]

8. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Any Star Wars signs up at the OCCC? If so...pics!

9. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm over it already.

10. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    I don't want to ponder that too hard, this is an occasion for splurging, so I don't worry/think about it. (Within reason)

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll tell you when it is over. ;)

*bounds around room* I have to get through 3 more days of work! And one is on Tuesday right before I leave. [face_frustrated] But then I'm headed to Florida!

12. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    AHHHHHH that youtube video didnt help it made it worse lol it needs to be here now lol. im gonna pack tomorrow cause i leave monday i think im gonna watch all the movies all day lol

13. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I hear ya, man. I'm not looking forward to working on Tuesday before I leave. Luckily I managed to get shift changed to an earlier shift so I have more time to prep in the evening.

14. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I work 9:30-1, there is no getting an earlier shift. To top it off, I'm working with the manager who banned me from saying anything about CV. I'm going to have to shove my fist in my mouth or something. [face_worried]

I might have to drive north before I can drive south to pick up my friend if her car isn't fixed by Tuesday. Otherwise I wouldn't be leaving until a few hours after I get off of work.

BTW, 104 hours until it starts. :D (I know, I'm obsessed. :p)

15. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I will be arriving on Wednesday the 11th. I will be wearing my homemade Star Wars shirts--I have one for every single day!

For the last 30 years, if anyone asked me what I liked, I said, "Yes--I like Star Wars and I go to conventions!" I am not embarrased to say that I like Star Wars in front of anyone. Several years ago in the Star Wars Insider, a person was interviewed and they said that they were embarrased to say that they were a Star Wars fan. I am much older now but I will tell anyone what my true interest is.

Behold, Orlando! Now comes the days of STAR WARS!!!

16. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    well said jawa well said indeed.

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm taking 4 hrs PTO ( paid time off ) Tuesday so I get of at 11:30. Im not going to be worth a dime anyway. We fly out of Indy Wednesday morning. :)

18. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I have a wake tonight, funeral and playing hockey tomorrow, and working all day Tuesday before my flight at 6:30 am Wednesday. Still trying to pack things up so I'm not doing everything Tuesday night.

19. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    No. No pics at the Convention Center yet. I was looking. All they had was adverts for the boat show going on this weekend. By the way....ALERT....ALERT...be ready for rain! They are calling for rain ALL WEEK!!! It's raining right now (Sunday morning at 10AM). We're going to Epcot today and plan on getting wet. We were going to go ride air boats, but they don't run in the rain...I guess we won't get to do that. Oh well, fun at Disney.

20. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    Er. It's Florida. They always call for rain every day.

Anyway, I was at the wyndam last night and already ran into a few people in town for CV. There's a bridge over 1-4 near the Millenium Mall that has the word Orlando along one side so it's like you're driving through/under a gateway to the city. A few days ago someone hung a picture of Lando by the "L" I tried to a get a picture but it's super blurry. By the time I went back to try to get another, the sign was gone. I think someone stole it. :C

21. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, I wouldn't call a forecast of "scattered thunderstorms" the same as "calling for rain every day".

22. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Taxi ride to airport reserved. Packing just about finished. House is spotless.

Bring on CV baby...

23. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Just got home from work! 1 day down, 2 to go, woohoo! I'm gonna finish cleaning up my apartment today, somebody is coming over to check on my cat a couple days while I'm gone. SO EXCITED!!!

24. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    All preparation is done aside from laundering items & packing. Two days left of work (with any luck I'll get to leave early Tuesday) and then I'm on my way!

25. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh Gawd...I didn't realize my carpet was so dirty...Dang shedding cat. [face_laugh]

About to sort out which clothes I want to wear. After that, popping TFU into my Wii. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.