main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Maybe Steve will spill something at Comic-Con... I'll keep you posted.

2. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Thanks Val...anything to help me deal with these dang shakes...lol.

Hugs!!!

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Does anyone know how well Celebration: Japan went? What I've seen online looks fine, but I really don't know how big it was or what the reviews are like. How successful CJ was might be an indicator of how eager they are to doing another one sooner or later.

4. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    From what everyone has told me today at CC, it went fine. Except for the weather -- terribly muggy! I'll see if I can find out more stuff. I'm working at the StarWarsShop.com and OfficialPix booths throughout the convention.

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Helen - what types of exclusives are they offering at the SWShop.com booth?

And will the leftover stock be available for purchase on the SWShop.com site after the con is over?

Thanks!

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Justin, they are selling a Clone Trooper and an R2-D2 figure from Celebration Japan. And yes, they are both on SWS.com.

It's been going swell here, a lot of activity. Steve Sansweet said at the Fan Club Breakfast that he and Mary are getting started on the next Celebration after Comic-Con. I "think" they are still leaning to doing something in 2009, but I'm really not sure about that. Tie-ins with anniversaries are very important :). What anniversaries do we have coming up, Star Wars-wise?

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Star Wars wise there is the 10th anniversary of TPM in 2009 and the 30th of ESB in 2010.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I took my little brother to see Episode I in the theaters the night it came out, just like my dad did with me for A New Hope.

Now he's gonna be 18 next year. [face_plain]

Thanks for making me feel old, Lucasfilm!!

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    2009 will also mark 10 years after Celebration I

10. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    But Celebration 5 should mark the anniversary og Episode 5. Couldn't we just have Celebration 4.5 next year and then Celebration 5 in 2010?!:p

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks Helen. I just snagged two of the exclusive Clone Trooper figures. :)

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I just got the vibe from Mary Franklin of Lucasfilm that they are leaning towards doing a Celebration in 2010, because of ESB. I could be totally wrong about that, of course, but that's the vibe I got from her. Steve was noncommittal, just said he and Mary would get busy once they got back to the office to plan something, because they know everyone wants to know what the heck is going to happen.

All in all, Comic-Con was a lot of fun as always, got to see friends I haven't seen in a year, and make some new ones. Also got to meet Hayden Panattierre from Heroes, who is a sweet little girl. Emphasis on the little :).

13. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Thanks for the info Helen.

Also, very jealous.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, it makes sense to wait till 2010 for C5. C1-C3 each had a 3 year time span between them. We got "spoiled" I guess with CIV only being 2 years removed from C3, but that was a big coincidence because of the 30th anniversary tribute.

I'd be happy with a 2010 release to celebrate 30 years of ESB. If this means getting back to the 3 years between each Celebration, then so be it. It gives fans more time to save and plan accordingly.

15. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Plus they never did a U.S. Star Wars Celebration for the 25th anniversary of Return of the Jedi this year. 25 years is a big anniversary number to me. I guess that is why they choose all the Hallmark Star Wars Ornaments to have scenes from Return of the Jedi movie. Still I was depressed that Return of the Jedi was left out this year. I don't consider any of the non-U.S. conventions a Celebration since those is no way on earth I would travel to another country for a star wars convention.

16. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    There are many of us who have no choice but to travel to another country (the US, that is) for our Celebration fix.

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    But you do expect everyone else on the planet to go to Indianapolis, is that it? Nice.

18. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah right? I guess the non US conventions just don't exist. No wonder American's are viewed the way we are in most corners of the world. It's egocentric thoughts like that which get us into trouble.

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I don't consider Star Wars to be an American movie because well, much of it was filmed in some foreign desert with a bunch of those brit actors. Gesh!

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    And guess where Elstree Studios are at? And the London Symphony Orchestra is? And how yours truely endeared herself to 90% of the signing cast at C4? Something about having real tea at the convention for them... :p

21. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Paulie, that was really considerate of you doing that.

It's too bad more fans don't think like you.

22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Actually, it was a LOT of fun! I had NO idea that it would go over as well as it did!

Of course, I have plans (bigger and better) for next time... [face_devil]

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I like the sound of not having another U.S. Celebration until 2010. My calendar for next year is a little full already and travel is getting tougher all the time. I'd like more time to plan for a Celebration.

24. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey how about every 4 years?! Or 5?! Then we could save up EVEN MORE!!!

There is no law that says you have to go to every one. The have comic-con, wizard world and all these big Geeky conventions every year, so I think a Celebration in the US every 2 years is fine and gives more chances to have a convention near you in your lifetime.

25. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Well, With the price of plane and hotel tickets rising just like the price of oil and gas I have a good reason for wanting it to be has close to me has possible. I have pride in myself. I wake up everyday and thank the lord that I am an American because most countries don't have it has good has we do. I am not acting snobbish or shallow. Let's face it the percentage of people who are americans at Celebration Europe or Celebration Japan was probably less than 1%. I figure since a good chunk of Star Wars box office ticket sales came from U.S./Canada then we should get more U.S. Celebrations. Not to mention Lucas is American!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.