main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Change of Fate [Luke, Leia, A/P, Obi-Wan] time-travel ROTS AU - *COMPLETED* + final replies 3.07.07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CrazyAni, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Title: Change of Fate
    Author: CrazyAni
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    Characters: Luke, Leia, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme and the others.
    Timeframe: six months prior to RotS through RotS
    Summary: What happens if the Force grants your greatest desire? Could it change the fate of the Galaxy? Luke Skywalker wishes to have known his father before his turn to the Dark Side.
    Disclaimer: I do not own the universe of the Star Wars, all the characters belpng to Georgie Lucas. No profit is being made, this is story was written for fun and meditating purposes only.

Chapter One: Facing the Past

It was a beautiful evening. The setting sun was smiling down upon the tops of the trees. They responded to it with all the shades of dark green, yellow and gold possible. The last rays of sun found their way through the thick clouds and the sky shone with violet, golden and delicate pink fireworks, as twilight fell. It seemed that nature itself was celebrating the downfall of the Empire that held the galaxy in its evil clutches for two whole decades. But Luke Skywalker didn?t notice the beauty that was surrounding him. He felt lost and lonely.

Distant noises of the feast at the Ewoks? village were muffled by the mighty trees, as Luke wandered absent-mindedly into the old forest. He liked being in nature, especially after being raised at the desert planet. Somehow this environment, full of ancient memories and undiscovered mysteries, was convenient to his state of mind and gave him a sense of security. Through the Force, Luke could feel the joy of millions of live beings all over the galaxy, as all planets welcomed back freedom and justice. Moreover, two most feared and despised villains were dead today: the Emperor and his right hand, the Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Darth Vader.

Sith Lord.

A monster, who was responsible for death of thousands...

A soulless being, kept alive by his hatred and complex machines only...

Destroyer of peaceful planet systems...

Luke?s father.

Luke didn?t feel any joy or relief about this man?s death. He was believed to be embodiment of pure evil and darkness without any trace of humanity left within his shattered body. Only Luke believed in good still residing within the black monster. And he was right. Vader redeemed himself by killing the Emperor and saving the life of his son. He died as Anakin Skywalker, a free man and loving father Luke had never known.

Luke couldn?t help but feel pity towards his father. He had spent twenty very lonely years, trapped in a black suit, feared and hated by every single being in the galaxy and having no one left that loved him and cared for him. Sure, he had brought much pain and destruction to the galaxy, but at the very end he saved this world.

What was Anakin Skywalker like? As Luke took off the mask, a pale scarred face that was almost deprived of human features had looked at him. Only the eyes told him what kind of man his father had once been. Piercing and at the same time soft, of such vivid and intense blue Luke had felt himself being lost in it. Eyes that were full of shame, regret and terrible sadness. But there had also been unconditional love for his son, for the ones once close to him. Love that brought him back to the light side.

Upon returning from the destroyed Death Star, Luke was greeted by Leia, Han, and his other friends, and felt at peace. But then three Force-ghosts appeared at the celebration, looking proudly at the Skywalker twins and their friends: a smiling Obi-Wan, an always wise Yoda and? a third person Luke didn?t recognize at first. It was a tall young handsome man clad in Jedi robes. He was probably in his early twenties, with wavy dark blonde hair and such vivid blue eyes Luke had seen only in one person apart from himself: his dying father at the Death Star. He was looking at the true essence of Anakin Skywalker.

After seeing his father?s true appearance, him being a Jedi, loyal friend and loving boyfriend? husband? lover?, Luke felt as if he had found somet

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    T'is a very intriguing idea. Will they come right out and say "hello"? What an... intriguing way for Obi-Wan to find out about Padme and Anakin's relationship. Good job! =D=

For a beta, you could go to the Creche. They find you Masters, who are experienced writers that will show you around and beta your work.

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/22600913/p1/?1084

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I like it=D= , this could get interesting, and English isn?t my native language either so I know that it isn?t always easy. Keep it up and more soon[face_praying] .

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Oh, goody! Another time-travel fic! I love these! And this one seems to have a very promesing start. Good beggining C.A.

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    This is a great start =D=

6. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    WOW!! So Anakin is coming back?!! I hope so. Update soon!! PLEASE!!

7. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    This could be a very interesting story. Luke and Leia are going to have to figure things out really quickly to avoid giving too many things away.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this

jcs

8. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello!
    A great start to a very interesting story! I'd like to see where this goes and I'm looking forward to your future updates.

Please add me to your PM list if you have one-Thanks:)

9. KnightAayla

KnightAayla Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006

Wow! I'm intrigued. Looking forward to reading more. :)

~JEM~

10. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    great beginning...

11. ani-eyes

ani-eyes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2006
    wow gr8 beginning! i love how u made out the emotions of luke and leia! cant wait 4 more!! can u please PM me when you update??? [face_praying] update soon!!

12. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Thank you all for your warm replies! I'm glad you like it so far.

Luna_Nightshade: thanks for the link! Well, in a way the will say "hello", and keep in mind that Leia hates her daddy [face_mischief]

Star_Angel : Thanks and thanks for understanding!:) Shame on me for not taking any English classes anymore, since I've FINALLY graduated from High School [face_shame_on_you]

Dahlia_Santary: I love time-travelling fics too, so I decided to write one myself!:D

jacen200015: Thank you!:)

sithhappens6: I hope so! I love good Anakin or at least suitless Vader *blushes and runs away*

jaina_clan_solo : They better should, otherwise they will have to deal with suspicious and bad-tempered Anakin. Force help them![face_devil]

HandmaidenVeme : Thanks! I will send you a PM as soon as I figure out how it works.

KnightAayla: Glad you liked it! I'm working on Chapter 11 now and I can say that things...well, I better keep my mouth shut.:p

pat_skywalker39 : Thanks!

ani-eyes: Will be glad to!

13. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi everyone!
    I decided to post a second chapter, so please review! As soon as I find a Beta, I'll post the betaed versions. Any feedback or conservatibe criticism are more than welcome.
    On with the story!:)

Chapter Two

Where are we?

Twenty-four years earlier?

Luke landed in a crumpled heap on a very hard floor. Moment later, a soft thud and loud groan informed him that Leia had arrived as well. Pulling himself onto his feet, he helped Leia up. They were standing in a very dark, not so friendly looking, corridor with a sole lamp offering a feeble, twinkering light.

?Where are we?? Leia asked, voicing his thoughts. ?I remember spinning, some uncomfortable stretching, then everything went black and I was greeted by this very inviting-looking floor.?

Luke shrugged. He had no idea where they were or what has happened to them. There were strange noises outside, as though? a battle was raging. Just as he was about to inform his sister of this, he heard loud footsteps approaching.

?Someone is coming. Hide, quickly!? With these words he looked around searching for a shelter, but saw none.

?Hide where?? Leia asked, voicing his thoughts for a second time that minute. Must be a twin thing, Luke thought dumbly. Stepping as far away as the dead end permitted, they tried to melt into the shadows. Unfortunately, at this very moment the lamp decided that it was inappropriate to give such a weak lightning and burned brightly. The twins waited, holding their quickened breath, as footsteps approached. There was something threatening about them, something he couldn?t put his finger on?

?Run, quickly, before these stupid Jedi catch up with us! You?ve heard Master Sidious? orders and the Count will be most displeased with us if we are caught.?

The person speaking these mysterious words was already round the corner? moments later a large Neimoidian clad in overlong scarlet robes appeared, followed by two menacing looking humans and two unfriendly looking Twi?leks
    They were heavily armed and the two humans had lightsabers hanging on their belts. The expression of fear on the Neimoidian?s face transformed into the one of wicked glory, as he came upon a scared looking Leia and a completely dumbfounded Luke.

?Well, well, who do we have here? Hostages willingly falling into our hands?? sneered the Neimoidian. Luke thought wryly that he needed to see a doctor, as half of his teeth were missing and the other half were in terrible condition. Contemplating, he considered the situation, and then a thought shook his mind.

No, it is impossible!

But his desperate plea to the Force, horrible spinning, and now he saw lightsabers at the human?s belts?

?Seize them! The Count will be most pleased if we take a couple of hostages with us.? With a terrifying grin, the neimodian ordered two grim-faced, very battle-worn looking humans to take them. To Luke?s growing dismay there were very strong, and in the way they moved, one could tell that they were very skilled warriors, far more than he was, despite his Jedi skills. He winced as one of them grabbed Leia very rudely shoving her arms behind her back so unceremoniously that she cried out in pain. But there was nothing he could do: he was outnumbered five to one ?Their fellow humans put handcuffs on them and urged them to move on.

The Twi?lek blasted the wall, and they were led into another corridor whose lamps were fully functional. Turn left, turn right, staircase, left again, and again. Luke lost all orientation, as their captors led them further and further, their pace quickening as scuffling sounds drew near. Finally, they reached their destination: it was some kind of docking bay where the strangest spaceship Luke had ever seen was standing.

?Get in, get in! Quickly, before this Jedi scum arrives,? ushered one of the Twi?leks.

?Jedi scum? I would rather say Separatist scum,? a voice echoed from somewhere above.

With a jerk, the five strangers that captured Luke and Leia looked up, fear clearly writt

14. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Great chapter=D= , can?t wait to find out how this will go.

If you have a pm list for this fic, I would love to bee on it[face_praying] . Thanx.

by header, do you mean your first post then you can push the button that say Edit Message down in the courner on the post.

15. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Just found this story - Great start! I look forward to finding out what happens when the fighting stops and Anakin and Obi-Wan ask Luke and leia who they are! :D

If you are going to have a PM list I would like to be on it!

16. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005

One of them was in his early forties with red hair and short beard.

Obi-Wan was actually only 38 during ROTS, not in his early 40's. He was 25 in TPM. The date for TPM was 32 BBY and the date ROTS was 19 BBY. That means the PT covered 13 years. 25 + 13 = 38. ;)

17. ani-eyes

ani-eyes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2006
    ok awesome update!!! obi and anakin better find out who the twins r soon!!cnt wait 4 anakins reaction! loving the story, reli exciting and interesting! cant wait 4 more!! :DUpdate soon!!!!!!!!

18. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I liked how you had Luke quickly recognize his father, and Leia's observation of Obi-wan and Anakin was also very well done.

Nice Job! =D=

Could I start getting PM's for this when you update.

Like Star_Angel said to edit you header...

*go to your first post in the thread

*select EDIT MESSAGE at the bottom

*Change the header in the SUBJECT bar

*Then update the message

(hope that helps)

jcs

19. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Hi everyone!

I've put the betaed versions of chapters 1 and 2, should be easier to read now:D

People who would like to get a PM notification when I update:

ani-eyes
    HandmaidenVeme
    jacen200015
    Star_Angel
    Diamond_Revelation
    jaina_clan_solo

If you want to be added or removed from this list, please let me know. I don't want to force anyone to read my story![face_blush]

Concerning the age of Obi-Wan: I know that he is around 38 by the time of ROTS, but I thought that the war made him look older than he is.[face_beatup]

Oh, and there still are a couple of chapters till Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke and Leia sit and have a big talk.[face_devil] Sorry!!:D

Thank you all for your warm replies, I've registered on Thursday and I'm very positively surprised by your kindness to a "stranger".:)

I go on holidays tomorrow and come back on Friday, then you should have the next update.

See you soon!

Greets

20. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005

Concerning the age of Obi-Wan: I know that he is around 38 by the time of ROTS, but I thought that the war made him look older than he is.

No way! Shave the beard off of him, make him more care-free acting and he would look younger.

:D

21. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Oh....wow, this is really good. I love it. Can't wait to see how Leia will react to seeing her real father in his prime and before he was consumed by darkness. I love reading where Luke and Leia get a chance to know their parents more and who they really are. Please put me on your PM list too! [face_peace]

22. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Have you submitted this to 'Combining the Eras -- the Time Travel Index and Discussion Thread' Index yet? (http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/21113287/?22)

::surprized Idrelle hasn't beaten her to this story::

:D So is this set between Aotc and ROTS?

Love the twins going to PT. Hate the evil cliffe.

Please add me to your PM list if you have one.

23. Blackmamuth

Blackmamuth Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2005
    I find strange that Luke didn't recognize Obi-wan. He knew him since he was a baby!!! And he recognized Anakin, who Luke only saw once in his bad and horribly scarred state inside his armour?

Guess since Luke is a Jedi, you could say he recognized his force signature, or that he has some kind of bond...

Nice history.

24. Saria_Raide

Saria_Raide Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2006
    Me like!

. . .

. . .

A lot!

*Leaves a plate of cookies and milk

25. CrazyAni

Feb 23, 2006
    Hello!

Fat_Bird: But he still wears the beard!!:D O:)

Luke has just seen the spirit of Anakin on Endor, looking like he did during ROTS. Obi changed thoroughly, that's why Luke didn't recognize him first, he was also too preoccupied with Anakin.
    Sorry, it's a tiny plothole![face_blush] *shame on me*

BrownEyes_Blue: you are on my PM list. And you'll see Leia's reaction in the next chapter...

SpiritofEowyn: Sure! you'll receive a PM notification from me.:) And I'll submit it to the Index, thanks for the tip!:)

Saria_Raide: glad you like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.