main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters or References You'd Like to see in Indy5

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by VenomShock, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenomShock

VenomShock Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2010
    Ok, I know technically this is still just a rumor. But if Indy5 ever does come, what references, or characters would you want to see in this?

Personally. I think it'd be great to see Short Round again. I don't know why, but ever since my first TOD viewing I've thought he should be Indy's regular sidekick, it just seemed great. Seeing the original actor in the role would be fantastic. There could possibly be a conflict between him and (sigh....) Mutt.

Also Sallah. Dammit! I wanted sallah in KOTCS, but all we got was that poorly written austrailian guy. Sallah would be great in the last Indy film.

I'd also like some references to TOD. It seemed that KOTCS loved to reference Raiders and Last Crusade, yet little to no temple references.

A reference to Belloq would be great too. It's too bad his main foil (IMHO) was killed in the first adventure (even though Temple takes place a year before).

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Short Round instead of Mutt, definitely! Mutt worked once, but barely, and he won't work again, in my opinion. It would be cool to see Shorty again.

3. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It would be awesome to give credence to an old rumor that Mark Hamill would play the villain in a new Indy movie; I once heard that he could possibly play Belloq's brother or something.

4. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    It would be cool to see Short Round again.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe Short Round is now Big Round?

Hahahahaha!

Hahaha?

Ha.....hah?

[face_plain]

6. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    Or......Tall Round? o_O

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Short Square

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Tall Square. :p

9. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Sallah. He's my second favorite character in the series.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree..

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Ranofer

Ranofer Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    Short Round would be awesome, even if he grew up and had a girlfriend or something.

You know what could be cool is to put in some interspersed flashbacks. Jones is getting old, I'm sure Lucas could find a way to incorporate a few flash backs to his past.

12. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You guys cracked me up real good now... [face_laugh]

Seriously, I would like Sallah to be involved somehow. And I would actually like to see Jim Broadbent's Stanforth character involved a lot more. Broadbent is a classy actor that really fills the void left by Marcus Brody's passing...

13. DarthGeist

DarthGeist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2008
    I agree with everyone here. Who wouldn't love to see Sallah and short/big/square/tall round :)

14. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Sallah, first & foremost! But, I'm not much for a walk down memory lane. But, Sallah was a staple in the first 3 Indy films.

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Sallah, definitely.

16. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    You see I think both served purposes for one movie and one movie only. I don't think Sallah should have even been in Last Crusade. He does virtually nothing at all. And Short Round, while great as a kid, would be an entirely different character as a grown up. I see no reason to bring him back. It would be too cute - too much of a wink to the camera. Short Round belonged in Temple of Doom. Love him as much as I do, unless there's reason other than a nod to the previous film, he should have no participation.

If they could involve Mutt and have him and Indy's relationship sort of mirror how Indy and his father were in Last Crusade (Indy being the more old fashioned and disapproving of his son's methods - Mutt always getting them into trouble) I would like that a lot. I think Mutt was a great addition and he was well played by Shia. I would like to see that developed. I'm happy for Karen Allen to be in it at the start as well - perhaps showing Indy in his now comfortable, settled married life. But I would be hesitant about making her a key part of any mission/adventure. It kind of feels like we've been and done that with her and Indy... twice of course.

I'd happily see Professor Oxley come back as well.

Mark Hamill as a villain would be superb! I'll watch Mark Hamill in anything. But lets face it, it aint going to happen.

17. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    This.

18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sallah would be cool. I think we're probably going to be stuck with Mutt one way or another, though.

19. TheGDBatman

TheGDBatman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2010
    I want to see no CGI, and not filmed with a digital camera. I just want a dirty, gritty, liner, and serious flick like Raiders.

20. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Short Round in movie= billions of dollars for Lucas. :p

21. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    Agreed! :cool:

22. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    With Henry Sr. and Marcus dead--Sallah is the only worthwhile one to bring back.
    Marion Ravenwood should be reduced to a cameo, Mutt should only be mentioned.

I'd like a more "old school" adventure that is mostly Indy by himself.
    I think the best idea is to base the movie in Greece (surprisingly uncharted territory in the Indy movies) or maybe Rome. Greece was a real area of battleground for the Soviets and communists in the Cold War with the Marshall Plan--so Soviet agents could definitely be involved.

The female lead should be a younger, Greek, female archeologist.

23. jimmyjar

jimmyjar Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2010
    i would LOVE to see another indianna Jones that would be based on hist childhood story,
    can you imagin, a child of a prominent man (indy Senior) who travel all around the yorld, And as for a international university, a preceptor...whats her name by the way ?

24. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    Sallah would be a good choice. No more Karen Allen. I thought she looked like a trainwreck in KOCS. Since Spielberg is involved I wouldn't rule out the return of Kate Capshaw :( and I would puke at some kind of love triangle or tension between her and Marian. Short Round is an adult now so that wouldn't work unless he is some kind of badass. Too bad the series' best baddies were all melted at the end of Raiders :D

25. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    [image=http://cdn.photos.tmz.com/gallery_images/images/2010/11/goonies_memba_them_data_launch_picture_002_getty_full.jpg] [image=http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1984661module9535258photo_1210796211short_round_now.jpg]

Unlike many child actors, Short Round hasn't grown up to be some fugly deadbeat constantly being busted for drink driving or armed robbery. I'd have preferred him in Crystal Skull instead of Mutt (imagine him constantly saying, "Don't call me Shorty, Dr Jones!"). Don't think he does much acting anymore, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.