main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Cheesesteak party/RenFar Pirate outing

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Twilight, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    SHHHHHHHHHH! You'll give away the secret ingredient! Not to mention my own interpretation of natural selection.

2. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I think it's finally a good thing that I can't really eat cheescake :p

3. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002

Well if the cheesecake won't kill them, the Cheese Whiz will.

Boy this party just got more interesting now didn't it!? [face_laugh]

4. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey, do you think maybe we could put something together to pay tribute to The Flying Spaghetti Monster? Read the fifth pargraph to see how it pertains to pirate weekend. :D

5. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    I've actually heard of Flying Spaghetti Monster! LOL.

I was wondering, who here needs directions to my place? Please PM me if you need them.

6. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I do Chrissy!! lol

7. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Hi everyone!

I'll definitely be at Ren Fest, but don't expect to see me at the Cheesesteak gathering... I'm really poor right now (my hours got cut back at work), and gas is still ridiculously expensive, so I can't afford to drive down to VA right now. :(

I'll get there as early as I can on Sunday. I'm going to see if I can get my bank to part with a whole bunch of the golden dollar coins, just so I can pay for stuff with gold pieces to really get in the spirit of the time period! :-B

I'll once again be wearing my wizard's robes that I wore last year:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/JackTChance/Convention%20and%20Costume%20Pics/MeAtRenFest04HalfSharp.jpg]

And some of you thought I was a ranger... sheesh! Rangers carry bows and arrows and swords, not staffs! :p

I'd like to find a cool wizard's hat to wear with it, but I've never seen anything suitable down there yet, so I have a feeling I'll be disappointed yet again this year. [face_plain]

Later everyone. See ya next Sunday!

--Dan

8. Republic_Trooper

Republic_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Hay guys, just want to make sure I have all the info everyone attending will need. I know the party is this Saturday night, but where is it taking place, and what time should I show up? Is there anything on the "to bring" list I can help out with? I take it that the Ren Festival outing will be on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

9. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Errr, good question. What time are we meeting on Saturday? The location is Chrissy's house. PM her for directions ;)

10. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Does around 3 seem too early? Since Wendy is actually frying the steak, I'll deffer to her.

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    3pm is only too early if people expect to eat at 3pm. Does 4pm sound better? It's closer to dinnertime anyway. :)

And you won't wait that long for the steaks, they only take a minute to cook.

12. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, I'll be working on Saturday :( at least part of the day, so don't expect my smiling face until about 4 or so. Though if it's early, then Ken can make it at least for a bit before he goes off to the bachelor party he's blowing us off for.

Now, if I can figure out how to squeeze in a haircut AND work AND a party on Saturday, I'll be really happy.

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well I hope you and Ken can make it over as well. I haven't seen you guys sober in a very long time....[face_whistling]

14. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Feb 13, 2005
    That actually sounds like a fun idea. Does anyonw know where I could get one of those piratey looking coin sacks/purses before getting to the RenFest (I'm sure they'll have a few I can find there)?

15. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, putting one together ought to be simple enough. You're talking like some kind of sack with a draw string at the top?

Also, to those I sent directions, I forgot to mention that you need to come tot he back of the house, just follow the brick path to the rear entrance (hey, keep those minds clean). [face_laugh]

16. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Take 2 pieces of fabric, sew down 3 of the sides. Fold over the top (inside out, please) and sew it down (as if hemming) - but leave a bit open. put a string through it. Turn it right side out. Ta da!

Later, I'll explain how to add fringe, and use bias tape, etc etc.

But much later. I'm sleepy.

Did we settle on a time?

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Chrissy this is at your place so you call it, but the cook (me) isn't heating up the grill until 4pm. [face_laugh]

18. Darth_Twilight

Feb 14, 2005
    Ok, 4pm Saturday. PM me if you still need directions.

Guest list so far:

Wendy
    Liz
    Charles
    Stephanie
    "Target" ;)
    Republic Trooper
    Eugenia
    Ken?
    Me
    Kory
    My mom and dad will be eating steak sandwiches, my mom will be joining us downstairs for a bit.

Did I get everyone?

Some one please bring drinks?

Also, did we want to make a meeting of this? May as well!

19. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey I need a head count by Friday afternoon so I know how many rolls to bring down with me.

20. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    We're bringing beer and some sort of snack food.

21. Republic_Trooper

Republic_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Cool, I'll bring plenty of soda and chips, I'll try to get a good mix of diet/regular and coke/pepsi products. Oh, and my real name is Mike, as much as I would like to be called Republic Trooper all the time, it gets a lot of strange looks!:D

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    HELLLOOOOOO Mike! :D

Don't listen to the rumors, just call me Wendy. If you call Cheez Whiz Gril, I may accidentally add more Cheez Whiz to your steak! [face_laugh]

23. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    That's not a threat! Threaten to add more cheese whiz to his hair! :p

Bring some non-caffeine sodas too (sprite or gingerale) for the freaks...or maybe it's just me....

24. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Put it in his hair!?! YUCK!! [face_laugh]

Yeah I can go for a non-caffeine drink myself.

25. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    OK, looks like I'm going to have to cancel. I have a lot going on this week (sick dog, project for school, serious computer problems, my sister is visiting, trying to find another job, working on my resume, fall cleaning) and Saturday I promised my mom to help her all day at some Tim Caine rally (vote for Tim Caine for governor, awesome guy!), which basically leaves Sunday to get caught up. I had computer issues and finally resolved them after 2 days, which should have been used to study. I am so behind right now. On top of that, I don't want to be tempted by all the goodies! I'm losing weight and I want to keep it that way. :p Anyway, have a good time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.