main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Children's Cancer Research Charity Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Folks who want to come out and join the 501st Legion at Westshore, University and Gulfview Malls in July need to sign up on the 501st boards for this event. You also need to be sure that you can attend this event. Also let them know what costume you are wearing. For those who are not members of the Rebel Legion lets get your costumed pics and applications sent in ASAP.
    We are trying to get all groups to work together, as it should be, especially for charity events.
    Thanks,
    Marie

2. TI-655

TI-655 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    Yes. It would be great to have more ppl there. The more the better I always say. And costumes must be complete, too. With Kaite taken a turn for the worse, this event needs to be a sucess as more ppl will be aware of this and more money can be raised to help find a cure for Cancer.

3. Allysium

Allysium Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    So, basically... we have to be a member of one of those two groups and have a "complete" costume to attend? What exactly does "complete" costume mean?

Is it open to those who are in fanforce and not in one of the other two groups? Or is it exclusive to them?

Forgive me if I'm asking a billion questions, I'm new to the fanforce and would like to get everything correct.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Right now yes. The Rebel Legion is the sister group to the 501st stormtroopers. This is what Bert and Leanne were talking about at the meeting at Mike's. We should all be in this together. However; I do not see any reason why fans cannot get dressed up and just come out.I know it took Kevin and myself months to get our costumes together and then we applied without any problems. However; for official costumed events there are definate guidleines.

5. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    I would love to attend. I just finished my leather Padme corset top and I am working on the skirt.. how fast do they need the pics??? the skirt has just been cut out.. i also have not been to purchase the headband..I will do that possibly tommorrow.

Gabby

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I believe as soon as we can get it done. I figure a week before and as long as you are in the application phase you should be able to be there. What a great costume!!! If you want to get together let me know and we can get you registered on their board. Then submit the costume when we get a pic. I have digital camera and all.

7. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    The event is being promoted by the organizer as a "Meet the 501st Legion" event, but the more costumed fans, the better. I'm sure kids would love to meet a Jedi or two as well.

Scott

8. Allysium

Apr 2, 2005
    Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

*Annie

9. vampyregodz

vampyregodz Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey Marie where is the link to sign up...Sheila was just accepted to the 501st and I am a member of the Jedi Assembly and Rebel Legion...I could not find it on the 501st board!

10. seswa

seswa Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    well i am almost accepted to the 501st. (i dont want to count my chicken before they get blasted) and i was officially accepted to the rebel legion but turned down for the jedi assembly. (since im "bad" mara :p)
    i think i read the thread over on the FL 501st page. it sounds like it could be a lot of fun and its for a good cause too!
    here is the thread i think:
    http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4357

11. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    when is the offical day for this event? gotta play ahead

12. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Here's the poster for one of the events (there are three in total, two in Tampa on the 16th, one in New Port Richey on the 23rd). Please not the times on the poster are wrong. They will be corrected when it goes to print.

Scott

[image=http://www.skaught.com/501st/pics/Mall_Poster.jpg]

13. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    scott; whats your aim addy?

14. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Sorry, I don't use AIM or any messenger system.

Scott

15. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Thanks for posting this Scott. I am working on getting other fans ready and pics sent to the application site.

16. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    =D= Now this is a cause an appearance that is very worthy of our attention and participation. It will indeed be a high profile event with 501st being the focal group. Scott has issued us an invite and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives children fighting cancer so I think we should help out in any manner we can with the 501st approval that is. We can play nice with Stormtroopers.

They will be at Westshore Mall that day from 11am to 1pm then at the University Mall from 3pm to 5pm on July 16th. Lets try and do this friends.
    [face_dancing]

17. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    The time on the poster is incorrect according to Scott. The poster will be fixed before being printed. The time for this event at the University Mall is 2pm-4pm.

18. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Not feeling so well guys! I dont want to make any promises then have to cancel due to my health. I want to focus on the meetings and any other meetups though.

Peace!!
    gabrielle

19. Allysium

Apr 2, 2005
    Gabrielle, I hope you feel better. Make sure you take good care of yourself and if you need any help with anything, let me know!
    *Annie

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Gabrielle, your health comes first. Take some time for yourself and slow down. I've done this to myself before, now I heed what my body tels me. If you need some help call me. I will send you a PM with numbers.

21. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    I am a member of all 3 groups now, I just signed up with the 501st florida group and I've been part of the rebel legion and fan force for some time now.

If its ok I'd like to wear my sniper costume if the 501st has no problem with it????? I have a few pix of it and can send them to the right person if I need to, please let me know who that is so I can do that.

Or I can wear my new jedi outfit, but would like to wear the sniper outfit I came up with. And I did wear to C3 and had alot of people want my picture with them.

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    That's okay with me, I signed up as a RL member and I beleive that some of you got accepted recently, once you did the online application and submitted your costume pics. The 501st works about the same way...just different costumes.

23. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Please make sure that you contact the Rebel Legion or 501st to have your name put on the list. Or contact Allissa on this board or me and I will give her your name. To my knowlwedge this is a costumed event per the promoter. Please check the other boards and ask to make sure.

24. Skaught

Sep 4, 2001
    Thanks for all the enthusiasm, guys! I'm sure the event will be a big success.

I do need to clarify something just so there are no hard feelings later. The promoter is expecting the short list of 501st members as the "official" list, since he has a few items to give us, including lunch. He is not expecting a much larger "official" turnout, so I don't want to surprise or burden him with more people than he budgeted for. So while everyone is welcome to attend, the promoter will not have material for everyone. Also, the space they are setting aside for changing is for those on the 501st list, so please make other changing arrangements. I hope everyone understands. Thank you.

Scott

25. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    I hope you feel better gabrielle :) I am going to be at the westshore location to show my support. I will be in my RL jedi outfit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.