main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chris Hanel's "Drugs" scene....Online Preview...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chad_Peter, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey doods,

Here's the promised clip ----- with slightly annoying and out of sync sound that I could not, for the life of me, get rid of. (It's a problem that lies within the OS of my computer >[face_plain] )

K -- One last disclaimer: The sound is rough and totally unsweetened....but, you'll get the hint.

...this scene basically describes the drugs that everyone is so addicted to.

(I suppose I should mention that it's moreover for mature audiences, although there's not much offensive in this clip)

http://www.high-altitude-flowers.com/pondproductions/sdnp/drugs/Drugs_35_preaudio.mov

Enjoy! And no ripping on the audio yet! ;)

Peace

Chad

p.s. -- "Drugs" is out on May 13th, via the website, http://sdnp.pond-productions.com

2. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Coool! I can't wait for the finished film!

-tm

3. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    hey, that was pretty cool. i like the quality of the video. nice lighting. actors look like they know their lines. good job.

can't wait for the whole thing.

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Very cool scene--and nice acting, Chris!

(see my sig)

5. JHoffaOLB

JHoffaOLB Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    Good acting, looks like it might be pretty good but.....this film is definiteley not for kids and you should probably state that in your thread topic. Lotta language the kiddies don't need to hear.

6. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Chad... the audio SUCKS. LOL... sorry, couldn't resist.

-Chris

PS- Yeah, just a warning to people, this would be a rated R clip...

7. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Good job, i really liked the lighting, it had a real "film" look to it, what did you shoot this on?

and as far as rating, it's no worse than what kids hear on the school bus these days.

8. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
  9. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
  10. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Are we having a little trouble there, Chad?

Anyway, yeah, that language would be rated PG-13, even though I'm not sure what Chris says there at the end 'I wanna...'.

If he says what I think what it sorta sounds like he said, then it'd be R.

11. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    I don't know what's up, but the board is being really janky. It's not letting me add simply quotation marks before any sentence starts....SO, bare with me. I've answered a few questions below, but I wasn't able to put quotes on anyone else's questions. grrr...

I really liked the lighting, it had a real "film" look to it, what did you shoot this on?

Canon XL-1, with a hefty amount color correction in FCP 3. The lighting was all natural -- a light kit is the one thing I still lack.

And as far as rating, it's no worse than what kids hear on the school bus these days.

heh heh heh.......I've heard PG movies with worse conversations. Either way, if this scene is "R," I can only imagine what the rest of the film is gonna get. *cringe*

I also want to reiderate that the compressed audio that's on this clip WILL NOT be compressed in the same way for the final product. heh, trust me on that one.

Peace

Chad

12. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    The whole thing Chris says at the end....uhm, I had forgotten about that. FOR NOW, it's Chris's voice, because I haven't recorded the other voice for it. In the final version, the pill will be talking to Ashley in her voice, as if it's her conscience. LOL, so...thanks for bringing that up....That is NOT Chris that will be talking.

--Chad

13. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    So you can buy these pills from DLR?s site soon?
    Hmm witch llama to pick...

14. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    I'm going with Becca... ;)

15. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Ok um...what is this doing on a fanfilm board?

I thought that if we were self-promoting our work it would be starwars related. Besides, stuff doesn't get hosted on TFN if it has drugs, sex or swearing...all of which are in this clip.

Just thinking that maybe we need to find a new forum or website...?

16. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    You need a relation ? Here's one...

"Sex, Drugs and Natalie Portman"
    8-}

Besides, if you see further than "is this SW-related ?", this is filmmaking. And we all learn by watching other people's work.

17. Jedi_Cougar

Nov 14, 2001
    Why aren't "sex and drugs" highlighted? Oh wait! Its not related.

Star Wars is a movie/story, not actors.

Check the address bar of your browser.

18. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    geee... that was fun /me rolls eyes

I guess this isn't my kinda movie

19. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, already saw it, but...nice scene Chad n' Chris.

(Amusingly, Chris' character, according to the script, is named Chad. Yeah, fun.)

And to Cougar: SDNP (the trilogy, and thus this film) are considered fan film related by the community for 3 reasons:

1.) The obvious Natalie Portman connection.
    2.) The prodigious amount of Star Wars references and jokes in the films.
    3.) The fact that it is the Star Wars fan film community who has helped get support for trying to bring Natalie Portman in for the third episode.

And if that's not enough, it's one of the films covered by TFN Fan Films in their news section when developments arise.

Of course, the original version of Drugs had *far* closer ties into the SW saga. Really, though, you could chalk Drugs up in the same category as George Lucas in Love. Both make great references to SW and carry out their own story, but they're more concerned with the people involved in SW than the SW characters themselves.

20. Jedi_Cougar

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, sorry to come off so harsh perhaps. Really my only complaint is the content, not my style, but sorry, I was speaking as a "newbie" to the boards without knowing the background.

Visually it does look pretty high quality though, good job there guys.

21. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    I will admit, it's the first project i won't be showing to more than my immediate relatives. A couple of my aunts and uncles wouldn't help with financing The Formula unless i removed the word "retard" from the script.

So, it goes without saying that Drugs will not be gracing their eyes, at least. Doesn't mean i'm not proud of the work i've done on it.

-Chris

22. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    I was talking to a teacher where I'm student teaching (Amber) today, and we got on the topic of the projects and such. I mentioned Drugs and gave her an idea of what it was about.

I've never seen her eyes that big. Muwahahahaha!

23. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Heh heh heh...

Chris Hanel AND Bruce Campbell in ONE movie...TOGETHER! How can it fail.

Really dug the scene. Can't wait for May 13th so I can see it in it's entirety.

Peace Out,

Mark "Changing Lanes Rocked" Rosenthal

24. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    heh, yeah...not to reiderate what everyone else has said, Azeem allowed the films since the beginning -- with the agreement that he would never host it. ;) SO, although it's a little harsh on the language and sexuality.......It's really just one big joke. I just wish more people would sit back and laugh at all the stuff going on in the movie -- or, atleast, that's the goal.....to loosen everyone up.

...anyway...*cough* That and someone once said that this really is a fanfilm website........it may only host star wars fanfilms, but they also promote any other fan films.

Oi, anyway...I'm stoked that everyone likes the footage....for the most part. lol, cept for zayn. You know devon read is in the film too?

--Chad

25. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    just because devon is in it doesn't mean I have to like it... but that doesn't mean I wont watch devon in it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.