main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Chronicles of Narnia - December 9 or thereabouts

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Domino_Leia, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    It was alright. Definitely not oriented towards adults particularly.

It could have done without the mountain of Disney sap that permeated it but other than that generally I was impressed.

The story had a good flow and the effects were awesome. They did a great job of establishing the characters. Edmund was a punk ass from the beginning and Lucy was cute but she cried at everything. Happy, sad, shocked, hungry, itchy. Any excuse she had to cry, out came the tears lol.

It was funny where it needed to be. The CGI done with Aslan was excellent and they overcame the challenge of human interaction with his mane and walking next to him quite well. Talking horse that wasn't Mr. Edish at all, good work.

The white Queen was also well done. She was evil as hell and a pretty good fighter too. And you can't tell me you didn't feel a twinge of excitement when she stabbed Edmund as well as a Twinge of dissapointment when she bit it as well. Though if you have to go, having your head torn off by an angry Lion voiced by Liam Neeson is the way to do it!

2. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    It was a nice Lord of the Rings for kids, it's something they can grow into and then work their way into films that are more Gladiator and such.

I enjoyed it and WETA did great weapons as always , Peter Lyons is my hero. Choreography was well done for kinds and such and had a good feel to it though the music could have been more in depth.

3. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I liked it so much that I am going to see it again tomorrow with a friend.

I thought the CGI was great. As I was watching it, I am pretty sure that I kept clenching my fingers as if I were burying my hands in Aslan's mane and doing that. It was so vivid that I could almost feel it. I got all teary eyed when he first stepped out of the tent.

Oh, and sorry to get all dumb girl, but Mr Tumnus is such a cutie! I love those beautiful eyes. Sorry! I couldn't resist. But while I'm at it, Oreius, the main centuar, was strangely handsome in a strange way. I thought they were very believeable in their roles.

The little girl that played Lucy did such a great job. I fell right in love with her.

The movie stuck with the book, and the fight scene was amazing. I liked that there was only implied violence. What I mean is you don't see anyone get stabbed, and there is not gore or blood.

Edmund was a pain the neck, but I felt sorry for him as he is angry because he misses his dad.

I loved it and will probably go and see it a few more times as I have other friends who have not seen it and feel that I need to accompany them to movies like this. Oh woe is me! ;)

4. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I just picked up the soundtrack. It's quite good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.