main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Clans 2: Era of the Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthIntegral, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Daer k?Allor
    Trevar, Electorate Rotunda

Daer relaxed ? or tried to relax ? in his seat. He was in the Electorate Rotunda to oversee the political skirmish about to take place over the Defense Initiative Bill. He had formally resubmitted it to the Electorate a few days earlier. As soon as he had done that, operatives on both sides went into action. The preparation at the King?s Hall was frantic. The Coalition of Nobles controlled the Electorate, so it would be an uphill battle. However, the King?s Men did have a few things going for them. In the past, the Electorate had been under the control of the King?s Men and the Coalition?s grip on it was tenuous at best. This was largely due to the fact that the members of the Electorate were restricted to those not nobles (nobility was denoted by a k and apostrophe before one?s name) and the king had more influence over this group. He could make people nobles and was able to give out benefits (like monetary rewards) that had more effect on the non-noble class. But the Coalition did have a hold on it and there was no doubt that they had been working just as frantically to cement their grip. And this was only the beginning. The bill needed to pass both branches of the legislature and then be signed off on by the king. This was a light breeze compared to the gale they would have to face in the House ? if they won.

As Daer pondered the situation, the place began to fill with Electors. The Electors moved to their seats, which were in a tiered half-circle. The half-circle faced the seat of the President, the head of the Electorate. The President?s seat was much larger than the ordinary Elector?s seat. It was more ornate and had a dais. Above the last tier of Electors there was a section of seating for the people of importance that attended. The king?s seat was at the front and center of this section. His seat was much smaller than the President?s seat, but the designs and scrollwork on it were more intricate and detailed. Behind this section there were rows and rows of benches for the common folk.

The last Electors came in and were seated. There were thirty-one of them in total, including the President. The Electors were traditionally dressed in the colors of their party. Those belonging to the Coalition of Nobles wore red and white. The colors were chosen thus because the Legislatorial Guard?s colors were the same. It was a subtle move designed to send the message that they controlled the legislature. Similarly, the King?s Men had blue and gold, which were the same colors as the King?s Own and showed that they controlled the executive branch. Right now, there were only eleven Electors wearing the blue and gold. The rest (and the President) had on the red and white of the Coalition. While this, if taken at face value, looked like a certain defeat for the King?s Men, Daer was counting on some Coalition members voting across party lines. He made a sour face. Daer had shelled out a small fortune in bribes and other rewards to get their votes. Now he got to see whether it paid off.

With everyone seated, the President of the Electorate, Ior Teren, began the session. ?I see everyone is here, yes?? he said, rubbing his hands together. ?Good. The first item on our agenda is??

Tag: Me

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Traex Shodaire/ Foot of the Crag Peaks

Turgal Mastigar/ In Multan Shodaire, the attacked villiage

The situation was indeed grim. He walked through the village and looked at all of the corpses as they lay around. They had been ripped to shreds in many cases, and eaten in nearly the same number. How could wampa have done this? He felt as though he were going to puke if he had to stay here much longer.

The village was in nearly the same shape as many of the corpses. Houses with the doors kicked in, window shutters pulled down and broken into pieces. The insides were also in nearly the same shape. There were salvageable parts in various places, but there were few to salvage anything in the village. Nearly all of the one hundred twenty people in the village were dead. Ten had escaped, and were even then on their way to Al?Garra. It appeared as though the village of Multan Shodaire was not going to remain populated. Turgal?s father had decided otherwise though, and the soldiers were to clear out the dead, as well as make things reasonably livable for the settlers who were coming to take over the farms. Defenses, mainly walls, were planned as well. Why were there not any in the first place? In the shadow of the mountains it is foolish not to. He sighed yet again at the loss of life.

?Turgal, we have found them.? Said a soldier who came running up. It was time to kill some wampa.

?Lead me to them and we will kill them. They deserve it. I can?t help but think they are thinking beasts with how thorough they were with the killing here.? He gestured around, and watched the soldier who appeared shocked to even have the thought considered. They were in for an evil surprise.

As they walked through the town to the encampment Turgal nodded to others to follow, all fell into step behind him. When they arrived at the camp he went and talked to the Foldare of the battalion. ?Where are they?? No other greeting, nothing else said.

?Milord, they are over a ridge to the north. They seem to be staying there for some reason that we can not determine. Maybe the water of a stream that we can not see?? His tone that of nearly every career military man, clipped and efficient.

?We move now. I want this done with.? With that he walked out and looked around. How many will die? It will be worth it to avenge this atrocity. He realized that he may be ascribing the beasts with too much intelligence, as an atrocity can only be committed by a thinking being. Reports of the attack, all ten of them, seemed to make him think he was correct however.

As the battalion, one hundred and twenty soldiers, gathered the needed supplies it was obvious everyone was on edge. Turgal knew any experienced leader would give a speech, but he was anything but seasoned, and hardly inspiring. How many more will die because I can?t inspire them? He sighed, the weight of leadership falling heavily on his shoulders. It was not his desire to rule, nor to lead. He didn?t even want to lead his family, to the shame of all. He was far more interested in study, and had even come close to understanding the strange power that infused all three of the ruling families, and had reportedly been seen in some of the other small farming families. He wanted to study this some more, but his father had sent for him and none disobeyed Kulton Mastigar.

They moved out and arrived at the ridge. They sent several scouts up to assure that the Wampa hadn?t left. They were not disappointed as it appeared the whole group was still there. They led Turgal up to look and knew that it should be an easy fight. They were all mad, all of them were wanting vengeance and it looked as though they outnumbered the wampa four to one. This should be an easy victory.

Turgal went back down the hill and outlined a plan of attack. He wanted a third to come up from the left and trap the wampa from that side, as there was indeed a fair sized stream behind them that didn?t appear easily crossable. The wampa had their back

3. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: My apologies to DarthIntegral, but I am afraid I must withdraw from this game. It is not that I haven't enjoyed it, but I am currently involved in a few games at the moment, and my time is limited due to schoolwork.

Best of luck with the remainder of the game. It was an honor to play alongside of you fellows.

Regards,

~Zedd-Vega

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: Sorry to see you go Zedd, your story line was an interesting one. Best of luck to you.

IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ Crag Peaks

Maghr Nedjam/ His Bedroom

It had been early morning when he had finally implemented the privacy protocol in his mind, meaning neither of the other God Kings would see his thoughts form that time during the commune. He was getting faster, but the wind that night had been a rather large distraction. He had eventually been able to go to sleep, which he had thoroughly enjoyed.

It was late morning when he finally woke up, and he sent out a mental probe for his aide, telling Hilgman that he wanted him to come to him. While he was doing that he gathered that something important had happened while he was asleep. He thought that would be the first thing he would find out about. He was wrong. When Hilgman arrived he looked extremely pleased with himself. ?What have you done?? Maghr demanded.

Hilgman merely smiled for a moment. Surprisingly he unnerved Maghr when he did that. ?I have figured out what we should do father.? His sense of the dramatic was overstated at times. He waited for Maghr to ask what he had thought of.

Sighing at the delay Maghr finally acceded to Hilgman?s desire. ?Tell me, what have you come up with?? He really wasn?t interested in anymore delays, but knowing Hilgman there could very easily be.

Smiling even wider Hilgman said, ?We do nothing to Deimos.?

?What? Have you lost your mind Hilgman? We have to undercut him somehow. He is growing too powerful to do nothing.? Maghr suddenly wondered for his aide?s sanity.

?I didn?t say we do nothing father, give me a little more credit than that. We leave Deimos and all of the Odais alone.? Hilgman sighed at the density his father possessed at times. ?Who is Deimos greatest supporter??

Suddenly seeing where his son was going Maghr smiled slyly. ?That would be Kulton. What precisely are you suggesting? It wouldn?t be possible to cast doubt upon him.?

?We don?t cast doubt upon him, nor do we try to undercut him. We simply remove him. The Wraiths can do it.? He looked satisfied with himself.

Remove Kulton? I? We... Maghr was completely flabbergasted. ?Are you sure we can do this? I?m not sure it is practical, even if he is the one supporting Deimos the most. Kulton is too well respected.? He saw the merit in this suggestion, he just wasn?t sure he could bring himself to order it.

?Yes, father, it is practical. Who better to remove than the one that stands between you and greater notoriety, and with that power? He is long past his time as it stands, and you are not precisely young anymore, father.? Hilgman looked at his father for a moment before continuing. ?He has yet to name a successor, so it will be an unknown who takes his place. If things go as I expect it will be Turgal, a weakling, who takes the Great Ones place. Despite everything I do respect Kulton, but even those who are respected need to be purged every once in a while for the greater good.?

Hilgman was assuredly his heir apparent, Maghr knew that without question. The fact that he could even suggest such a thing showed that. ?Do it.? He sighed as soon as he said it, as he did in fact like Kulton. ?Do it before Deimos returns. Make sure it looks like an act of Beshjumal, but just do it.?

Turning away and looking out his window he felt sick. He walked to his balcony and looked out? and his mouth fell open. Is that what caused the excitement I felt? Deimos truly is favored, and none can doubt that now. Should I go to Him again? Should I seek His guidance? He suddenly felt extremely wary about what they were doing.

TAG MYSELF

5. Mandeillord

Mandeillord Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2006
    [2]farming
    []herding
    []fishing
    [5]building
    [3]mining
    []culinary
    []culture
    [5]politics
    [1]medicine
    []education
    [2]logic
    [3]Religion
    [3]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [2]communication
    []trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating
    []luck (only given by GM)

+2 to politics, +1 to building

[b]High Priest Pok[/b]

The day had come faster than previously anticipated. Rumors of unrest and rebellion spread throughout the society; the origins being Kol and his most-trusted commanders. Pok?s manner and attitude during the past few weeks had shocked many people, making them believe he was nothing more than the dirt on their shoes. Their anger towards the Priests exploded into a religious war. On one side were the Priests affiliated with Pok, and on the other was Zyot with his strong military force and peasant support. Kol still was commander of the army, though he backed Zyot because he claimed to be Lisan al-Gaib. His claims seemed reasonable and he spoke the truth. The thing is Zyot did not know of Pok and Kol?s reasons behind starting the revolution. Actually, he didn?t know of the plan at all, he just knew he was chosen to be the people?s Mahdi.

The Priests had locked themselves inside of the palace once the revolution had started. Most of them prayed to Liet for help and guidance in these dire times, but Pok sat calmly in his own sanctuary. He knew that he wouldn?t day this day. Kol had promised him, but Pok knew how to play at the game of politics. Just incase of a betrayal, there was a tiny poison-dart in his sleeve that he could release at any time to kill Kol. He hoped it wouldn?t come to that, though, and waited patiently for the revolutionaries to break through the wall and capture him.

A loud noise broke his train of thought and he jumped to his feet. The mob of people rushed into the sanctuary and wrecked everything in site. They noticed the High Priest and a look of ferociousness came into their eyes. It was at that time that Pok knew he wouldn?t survive this encounter. The mob closed in on him and shoved him to the ground, kicking him and beating him. A loud voice resounded above the rest, ?Stop!? It was unfamiliar to Pok?s ears, but he already knew who it was. Zyot. The crowd opened a path for him, staring at him in awe. He was of average height, with cropped brown hair and striking features. Once he walked closer, Pok saw his icy-blue eyes that pierced the inner depths of any living creature. There was an aura of arrogance around him that even an infant could pick up.

?So, you must be Zyot.? Pok managed to say, wiping the blood from his mouth. Zyot smirked. ?I am Zyot, yes. You are the High Priest, Pok. I?ve heard many things about you. The only thing that matters is that you are an evil abomination and should be destroyed. You ruined our religion and for that you will pay. Kol agrees with me on what I am about to do, and so do the rest of my people.?

?They?re my people! MY PEOPLE!? Pok shouted, tears flowing from his eyes. He knew he would die. Kol had betrayed him. There was only one way to achieve satisfaction before his death, and that was with the death of Zyot. As Zyot turned to begin with the beheading, Pok released the dart from his sleeve and stabbed it into Zyot?s neck. For a second Zyot weakened and stumbled, but regained his posture and laughed manically. ?You think you can kill me, the people?s Mahdi, with a mere poison-dart? Think again.? Zyot plucked the dart from his neck and threw it to the side, a mad, murderous look on his face. He raised his sword into the air and screamed, bringing the blade down in one clean swing.

The moment Pok?s head came clean off his shoulders, it is said that the entire Qizara population experienced extreme grief and guilt. Zyot could only smile at what he had done. He claimed he had killed a tyrant, but the reality was he was the tyrant. Soon he claimed the right to the throne and forced Kol to obey him or die. The people learned to fear him, and if they

6. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    []farming
    [2]herding
    []fishing
    []building
    []mining
    []culinary
    [3]culture
    []politics
    []medicine
    []education
    []logic
    [3]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    [1]animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    []trade
    []transportation
    []boating
    [1]luck (only given by GM)

Hrothgar
    Clan Adoichi

As Hrothgar entered the village, he heard shouting, roaring, and an odd feeling crept into the pit of his stomach.

Closer to the centre of the village, he heard and saw what was going on.

"Adoichi is displeased with us, his children of the fire. We have not lived up to our name. For the past twenty winters, what have we done to further exalt Him? To better ourselves? Nothing! Hrothgar is no leader. Kroq-Gar was a fool to appoint him."

It was the young shaman, Tehauin, inciting the tribe to rebel. Against who? thought Hrothgar. He had his warriors, and a loyal following, compromising nearly all of the tribe.

Or so he thought.

Nearly half the tribe cheered, roared, or made their agreement known. Hrothgar fumed inwardly. Traitors! Insolent traitors! Why hadn't they come forward, to voice their concerns? Sneaking around behind his back like this made his blood boil.

He roared, drowning out all the others.

Tehauin turned, and drew a blade, seeing Hrothgar for the first time.

"Hrothgar! Face me! The tribe has spoken. There can be only one leader!"

Hrothgar snarled, hefting his own, obsidian blade, and charged.

As the bone and obsidian clashed, Tehauin fell back. The crowd fanned out in a circle to encompass the battle. Hrothgar drove his blade downwards to impale the smaller Tehauin, but with small size comes speed. Tehauin rolled nimbly out of the way, and lunged at the larger Hrothgar. His bone blade bit, and Hrothgar snarled in pain.

The larger Chistori swung his sword in retaliation, and Tehauin's arm came off. The Shaman screamed in pain, before Hrothgar decapitated him.

He stood for a moment, breathing hard.

"Let that be a lesson - treachery is not tolerated." he growled, before limping off to his hut.

Tag: DI

7. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Sorry I haven;t been on recently. Real life's been hectic.

[1]farming
    [1]herding
    [1]fishing
    [3]building
    []mining
    [1]culinary
    [2]culture
    [2]politics
    []medicine
    [1]education
    [1]logic
    [5]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [1]strategical thinking
    [1]communication
    [2]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating

I believe I was given on transportation, so....

IC: Martule

Martule had his gropuop scrambling through the woods. This certainly was not fun. The things seemed to not have had much care in covering their tracks, but the forest was treacherous... certainly for a plains-dwelling people. He didn't even know what these things were, nevermind the fact that his other ten men may very well be dead. Things were not turning out too well. Martule heard a sound such as a rnning animal crash through the trees around him. Then it was gone. strange, he thought. He crept tjhrough the woods still, until he came to a clearing. The other ten men came up beside him. Thye met and talked.

"Have you seen any sign of the things?" Martule asked.

"No, sir." siad one man.

"Let's go back." said another.

"No." Martule replied sharply. "We will not be disgraced by failing to come even close to our objective." With that, he looked around the clearing. He saw many tracks. Several went off into different directions, but many continued onward into the forest. Looking up at his men, he said, "They went this way. Follow me." The men nodded and continued after Martule, as they made their way through the dense forest and into the unknown.

TAG: Any

IC: Antonius

Antonius stood in his house, removing his armor that he had had on all day. He had many many things that could be on his mind. He had heard nothing of Martule on such a meager task. His men were slacking off. Bad weather could be coming soon, setting training back several days. His men's armor and weaponry was in poor condition, and there were not enough blacksmiths to totally repair the massive amounts of weaponry required to fully equip his forces. Dire times seemed to loom ahead. But Antonius thought nothing of any of this. His mind was on something else... something more dire... something that was happening now. Tonight, he had recieved a royal invitation from King Zamarnal to attend dinner that night.

Now, it was not that he disliked the King. He was quite fond of him actually. However, what really bugged him was the fact that "A royal invitation from King Zamarnal to attend dinner that night" was code for, Kristala wished to attempt to ensnare him and get him to marry her. He was fond of Kristala. She was attractive, his age, and very fun to be around. However, Antonius just wasn't looking for marriage just now. He had an army to run. Plus, these attempts at proposal for marriage grew tedious and were often much more complicated than Antonius cared for. With a sigh, Antonius stood and began to prepare for the night.

TAG: None

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Weebacca
    Clan: Bacca

Weebacca, one of the scouts in the high trees, followed these new strange newcomers. Whatever could be said of them they were intelligent and were following the trail left by the clumsy Muriads. That would soon change, he was not one for expansion or glory like the young Tarful, he was more concerned with protection and honor. No matter what these new beings came in whether peace or war they could not be allowed to find to the village. He raced through the trees, scarring many small creatures as went ahead of the group. He gave uncoherent calls to others in the area that came to the sound of his voice, then once in range they descended and brushed away the careless at one of the many turns, once they had reached the next turn he left them to finish removing the rest of the tracks. The new comers would be reaching the bend by now.

He headed back to the bend and waited holding his bowcaster at the ready. When he finally heard and smelled them being close he turned round the corner facing them. "What do you want?" He asked in his gruff tone.

TAG: Chuckles38

9. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Martule and Gang

As the creature.... or being, whatever it was.... came into view, it asked them what they wanted. Many of Martule's men drew their weapons and stood, ready for a fight. Martule gestured them back, telling them gruffly to resheath their weapons. Fighting would get them nowhere. Calmly and carefully, Martule approached the large, hairy being. He kept his hands away from his weapons, and spoke in a controlled voice. He looked into the creature's eyes. "We come in peace. We are plains-dwellers, who reside on the plains south of here. We were in our village, when we noticed several beings riding... er... walking, I guess... by. Concerned for our safty, and driven by the curiosity native to our species, we were ordered to pursue them and find out their intentions in our land. The problem was, we knew not where our land ended, nor did we know that these woods were occupied. We were following their tracks," Martule now glanced behind the wookie and noticed the tracks had vanished, "Which it seems you have taken great care to prevent us from doing. If we are not welcome, we can leave. We meant no intrusion." Martule had always been a good speaker on his feet.

However, his men were getting restless behind him, squirming and wishing to fight. Martule noticed and gestured to his second in command. He whispered in his ear, "WHy don't you take them back into the woods a ways. i'll deal with this." the man nodded and pulled the troops away. Martule did not want the new being to be worried or what not, so he explained. "I merely sent them back into the woods, as they are a little over-eager with their weapons, and are pretty afraid right now. They will wait there until we have concluded whatever business we may have here.

TAG: Mitth ( I think? :p)

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Weebacca

This being explanation did not make sense to him, if beings wished to fight one should let them get it out of their systems. Especially if they are afraid of the unknown, edgy men were worse and never good,but best left to work the mines or test inventions. "Very well, you wish to meet the others? I can take you if your men have the patience to wait. But first before I will take you, if that's your wish answer me these three questions: How does one not know the extent of ones domain? Are your people warrior based? and lastly Why don't you let your men release their...fear, or do you plan to let it be released by the beasts they attract?" He looked down into the new beings eyes, not even bothering to look at what he knew would soon appear in search of the strong scent of fear that would mean an easy prey for a pack.

TAG: Chukles38

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for my recent absence from this game. 'Tis the week before finals, and I have both ends ... *sigh* ... anyway, onto happier things, like this game ...

[b]IC: Hyln[/b]
    [i]Clan: Muriads

Hyln looked around him, rattled by these beasts that attacked their new furry friends. He had never seen beasts with such quickness, such swift movements, and such intelligence to their attacks. He was stunned by them to the point that he could not move, not even to help in defending against them.

Their new furry companions cleared the area, and thankfully, he could not spot any Muriads down and injured as he surveyed the area. Every Muriad he could see was on all fours, standing upright, and showing no signs of injury.

The young one breathed a sigh of relief, and went to speak, when asked if everyone had survived. He decided to take a second to double-check and counted.

He gasped. One was missing. Was he dead? Captured? Wounded? Had he ran off scared?

"Wessez!", Hyln called out. "Tell me who is missing!"

He looked around, and no response came.

"Wessez!" he called out again.

And then, off in the distance, he saw the body of Wessez. Blood pouring from his throat, two of his legs broken. No breaths coming from his body.

He was dead. Hyln began to sob uncontrollably. He turned back to their host.

"Wessez is dead," he said mournfully. "Will you help us give him a proper burial?"

Nothing else could be accomplished until a burial and funeral was given. The muriads lived for their past. Honor and worship was given daily to their ancestors. And Hyln, though few publicly knew it, had just had a close ancestor of his die, while on a mission he had foolishly rushed into. Hyln's father Wessez was dead. He had to give him a proper funeral.

And then he had to make sure this mission honored his father.

[b]TAG: mitth[/b]
    [hr]
    [b]IC: Wiki[/b]
    [i]Clan: Grandala[/i]

The creatures sent by the god came up to Wiki and seemed to study him, albeit it only briefly. They slithered around like the fish in the water as they came around, towards, and then, quickly, away from him.

Wiki pondered for a second, wondering if he had offended the god. He thought perhaps this was a test. Of his faith. Of his abilities.

He thought for a second of going back to tell others of what had happened, but decided that the god was testing him. And so he picked his axe up and ran off into the jungle, grunting as he ran after the small beings sent by the gods to study him.

How he hoped this would please the god.

[b]TAG: BaSSiL[/b]
    [hr]
    [b]IC: Narrator[/b]

It seemed the [b]Adoichi[/b] had been spared most of the wrath being poured out on the land. Rains, flood, and tornadoes ripped apart lands, and the Adoichi, in their volcanic state, had been safe from it all. Until their volcanic land turned against them. Fire and lava spew from the heart of their lands. The Adoichi trembled in fear, with no idea of what was going on.

Until a prophet rose up. And spoke the words divinely given to her. That [i]Tehe-Adoichi[/i] required a sacrifice to appease him. That he required blood to be spilt. That he required foreign blood to be offered into his volcanoes. Then, and only then, would the volcano calm. Then, and only then, would peace be restored to the Adoichi.

But it was up to the leaders and the warriors of the Adoichi to appease their god. To listen, to follow, to obey. And the choice was theirs: reward, or punishment?

[color=red]The Clan of Addoichi +1 religion, for the vision and words given to the prophet[/color]
    [hr]
    [u]mitth[/u]: +1 anywhere
    [u]BaSSiL[/u]: +1 boating, +1 communication, +1 anywhere
    [u]Trimaj[/u]: +1 strategical thinking, +1 mining, +1 building, +1 politics
    [u]winged[/u] +1 politics, +1 anywhere
    [u]dontlook[/u]: +1 transportation, +1 anywhere
    [u]Mandeillord[/u]: +1 anywhere
    [u]Penguin[/u]: +2 anywhere
    [u]Chuckles[/u]: +1 anywhere
    [hr]

[b]OOC2[/b]: Good posts all around. There are some [i]excellent[/i] plots and stories b

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: good to have you back DI, hope RL doesn't come after you too hard.

Trimaj: +1 strategical thinking, +1 mining, +1 building, +1 politic

Traex Shodaire Skills

LIVING
    [4]farming
    [1]herding
    [2]fishing
    [4]building
    [3]mining
    [2]culinary

ADVANCMENT
    [1]culture
    [3]politics
    [2]medicine
    [2]education
    [1]logic
    [6]religion

BATTLE
    [5]weapon forging
    [5]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [0]armor forging
    [3]strategical thinking

INTERACTION
    [3]communication
    [2]trade
    [2]transportation
    [2]boating
    [0]luck (only given by GM)

+1= strategical thinking
    +1= mining
    +1= building
    +1= politics

IC: Traex Shodaire/ Capital City Al'Garra/ Crag Peaks

Kulton Mastigar/ Throne Room/ Al?Garra

It had been a few days since the expedition to clear out the village Multan Sholdaire, and he had felt the catastrophe he knew had befallen his son. He glanced at his aide Vlad, thankful that he hadn?t been with his father. Beshjumal help me, what would I have done had Vlad been killed? There is no other? no other that I could feel comfortable handing the reins of this kingdom. He shivered at the thought, and glanced at Maghr seated to his left.

Maghr just sat there, completely calm, completely inscrutable. Kulton did not trust Maghr, and he never would again. He knew that. Just as he knew his death would bring changes that none had foreseen. That none could foresee.

To his left, in Deimos place, sat his grand nephew Jurgal Mastigar. It hadn?t happened frequently, the giving of power to a proxy, but it wasn?t unprecedented. The fact that the proxy wasn?t of his family? that was shocking. That had never before been done, and in a way it was a snup of the Nedjam, and all those present knew it.

He looked at his aide, standing at the wall. His grandson, Vlad. The one he was to name his heir, especially if Vlad?s father was dead.

Hilgman Nedjam stood next to Vlad, passively. He looked up at Kulton, a slight smile in his face, but it was so slight that it could have merely been imagined. Kulton didn?t doubt what he had seen. He rarely did with the Nedjam, and when he had, punishment for his over sight was normally very swift.

He leaned back, waiting, for the Foldare from the raid on the wampa to come back? As the Foldare entered, his head held high, but a heavy weight bearing his shoulders down. Behind him held on a litter by four soldiers was Turgal. Kulton felt his head fall forward, he had known, but it hadn?t prepared him to be faced with it in reality. The heavy reality of his dead son?s body. Ah Turgal? why? Why did I have to send you when I knew you liked research more? Sighing he raised his head, not daring to glance at Maghr.

Our of the corner of his eye he saw Vlad go stiff, as if he hadn?t been able to believe what had happened. Jurgal gasped, the sight of his cousin laying on a stretcher, obviously dead was beyond what he could have expected. The Mastigar died, but not frequenly in combat.

Maghr started to speak, but Kulton cut him off. It was his right as the father, and the elder King to speak first. ?Foldare, tell me, how went the raid?? His voice tight, and his emotions obvious.

The Foldare, having fallen to his knees, began to recount the battle, and the narrow victory they had gained. Coming to the end he said, ?The only conclusion those of us left alive can gather is that the wampa set a trap for us. It may be hard to believe, but I don?t think they are as unintelligent as we may have thought.? His rapid clipped voice came to a sudden halt.

How can that be? I have fought them before? As he thought over what had happened in those battles the inescapable truth of the Foldare?s comments struck him. By Beshjumal! It is true. ?Tell me? How did my son die?? He fervently hoped that Turgal had lived up to the Mastigar name.

At this the Foldare stood straighter, his eyes gleaming in pride to be a Traex Shodaire. ?It is because of him th

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Skills: One anywhere added to Religion
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [2]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating

IC: Tarful

Those wookies that had come to help were already tending to the wounded and removing the dead wookie for his burial rights, and at the mention of one of the Muriads also having died they looked over with a questioning glance. All wondered, since these beasts came from a land without forests or the great beasts how they would deal with their dead. Tarful looked down at Hyln seeing the tears forming in his eyes, and could not repress his own saddness and shame and the tears that such feelings often bring when greater than a soul can bear.

"We do not know how. Though I doubt the ways of the forest are the ways of those in plain, I will tell you how wookies when they die are given burial rights. Perhaps they are similar to your own.
    "When a wookie dies there are three ways to give barial rights, If the wookie died honorable and none doubt his honesty two vials of blood are taken. One for the well of honor, and one for the altar of passage.
    "If he died honoring a life-debt his face in addition to the afore mentioned is carved into the tree in which he lived and into the stone wall of the past along with his name. The body in both of these instances is laid on the alter in the well of triumph, were it is said an angel well come and take the body to the eternal woods of the Provider. Or if we were decieved by the actions of the dead, then demons will take the body and the villages will suffer some punishment for allowing themselves to be thus deceived. In whichever way the great Provider sees fit.
    "But if the dead or those that are to be killed are found without honor or honesty within their bones, then they belong to the Evil One whose name is spoken less he take the mear mention as an invatation. Those that belong thus are taken bound in the Web of Judgment, were a demon that is said to be very large will rend their flesh and drag their bodies down into the lair of its master. Were suffering will never end.
    "Please tell us what to do to aid you in however way Wessez is to be cared for, even if it is a way unknown to us we will help so long as the path to do so is not dishonorable or against the Providers ways. We are sorry that Wessez fell to our cousins."

TAG: DarthIntegral/Hyln, Myself going to finish this up later.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Tarful

Tarful remembered the long ago days when he was in the nursery building, one of the strongest and safest of all the buildings in the trees. And of his old classroom, and caretaker who had sense passed on, even now he could still hear her teaching the group the stories and lessons of the past and all about the Vonskyr and how the Evil One used greed to lure his helpers away,

"Now young-ones can anyone tell me the relationship between the Wookie's and the Vonskyr's? Come now anybody. Yes, Gartaff."

"We're at worr??"

"No but nice try, we are in something similar to war with them. We are eachothers competition. When the world was very young fresh from creation and forest had not yet grown to its full height and glory, the Great Provider Lor made the beasts for the whole world. Some for the waters, some for the plains, many for the forest, and for all the others lands. And for each land, do what He did? He made an intellegent, dominant, race to rule over all the other creatures in the area and be his servants."

"Was that when he made us?" asked a curius younger classmate.

"No, he made all on the previous day. On the following day he made the selected race wiser and more intellegent so that they could rule. But we were not chosen that first day, calm down I'll get to that in a second. On that first day of wisdom and knowledge he chose the Vonskyr, and for many thousands of years they ruled the Forest but became greedy and went for the lands around them killing the chosen for the surrounding lands when the Great Provider Lor had not asked to. This was the trap of the Evil One, promising them greatness and wealth for all the ages if they did these things. They did this, knowingly after a while, following the Evil One and his minions, or rather they became his minions. The Provider to stop this took away their knowledge and some of their wisdom making them lower than the sentients but higher than the other beasts. He then chose the Wookie to rule the Forest and subdue and live in harmony with the creatures that live there, but the Wookie was warned on his first day that the Vonskyr would be given a second chance and rule over the wookie in hunting, as the wookie does now, if we ever let ourselves fall. All the scholars and prophets of old tell of this fall and that it will occur someday when honor is lost, and honesty is allowed to fall by the wayside. That is why everyone of you is important, each and everyone of you by keeping honor and honesty alive and instilling it in your offspring will delay that day.
    "Now are their any questions..."

As he returned to the present he felt a lumb in his chest that felt like it was in his heart aching with every beat. Am going down the wrong path? No, it can't be that just bad nerves from the fight. That's it just nerves from fight.

TAG: DarthIntegral/The Great Provider Lor

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    []farming
    [2]herding
    []fishing
    []building
    []mining
    []culinary
    [3]culture
    []politics
    []medicine
    []education
    []logic
    [3]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    [1]animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [3]strategical thinking
    [3]communication
    []trade
    []transportation
    []boating
    [1]luck (only given by GM)

Added 2 to Strategical Thinking.

Hrothgar
    Clan Adoichi

Hrothgar sat in his hut, brooding.

Tehauin's successor, a small, pathetic Chistori male, one Wethau, srept into the tent.

"Tehe-Hrothgar?" he squeaked, using the appropriate prefix for a leader. "W-we've...that is to say, the s-scouts, have learned of the lands that border our own. They're weak, Tehe, and it ma be an appropriate time to...attack...." He trailed off, as Hrothgar stood, advancing on him.

"And attack we shall, Shaman. Spread the word."

Tag: Darth integral

16. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: Sorry i ahven't been on. I have parental blocker problems at home, and I can rarely get on at school. I will post as often as I can.

[1]farming
    [1]herding
    [1]fishing
    [3]building
    []mining
    [1]culinary
    [2]culture
    [2]politics
    []medicine
    [1]education
    [1]logic
    [5]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [2]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [1]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [1]communication
    [2]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating

+1 to strategical thinking. I'll try to psot up alter.

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: should have another post up in the near future. i'm not at home at present, and the house i'm sittig at doesn't have dsl, so actually posting anything worth it wouldn't really work to well here. sat, sunday, monday at the absolute latest will be the next post in the continueing shodaire chronicles.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    OOC: I'll have a GM post and a respond to tags post up in a bit. Sorry for the delay again. I should be getting a more regular schedule here soon. Anyway, to hold you off for a bit, here's this:

trimaj +1 culture, +1 anywhere
    mitth +1 communication, +1 anywhere
    penguin +1 anywhere

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    IC: Hyln
    Clan: Muriads

Hyln looked up at his furry host, holding back tears, attempting to put forth a warriors front.

"He ..." Hyln began, "he must be dragged out to the sunlight. Our custom demands it. There, the souls of our ancestors will take his body and remove his soul from his body, allowing him to join their congreation. Then, he can guide us from beyond death. Do you have men able to carry him or drag him out of the forest, so he may be given pure sunlight?"

Hyln looked on at the furry being with hope in his eyes. He needed a succesful contact here. Wessez dying was just another failure of this mission. He needed the biggest success ever to offset it.

Tag: mitth

[b]IC: Narrator[/b]

Just as the flames and the fires raged in the land of the [b]Adoichi[/b], famine and plagues struck the [b]Mandalore[/b]. Their food was scarce, and a new disease hit them. Their desires to advance and explore quickly morphed into a need and a desire to survive. They put forth effort into removing their dead from the camp, hoping to stop the spread of the plague.

But this effort caused a weakening of even the strongest of the Mandalore. Thus, hurting any attempts to hunt, herd, or fish. The Mandalore were a weak, vulnerable clan. If any would attack, they could easily be wiped out or enslaved, their technology and weapons absorbed, and their existence a mere memory, tale, or myth for the coming generations.

Some would say that the fires in the land of the Adoichi were draining the life force of the Mandalore. But none know for sure. Only fates would tell if these two clans would have their destinies merged forever.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: Just wanted to get this in, should have something tommorow, or the following day.

Trimaj +1 culture, +1 anywhere

Traex Shodaire Skills

LIVING
    [4]farming
    [1]herding
    [2]fishing
    [4]building
    [3]mining
    [2]culinary

ADVANCMENT
    [2]culture
    [4]politics
    [2]medicine
    [2]education
    [1]logic
    [6]religion

BATTLE
    [5]weapon forging
    [5]weapon wielding
    [0]animal riding
    [0]armor forging
    [3]strategical thinking

INTERACTION
    [3]communication
    [2]trade
    [2]transportation
    [2]boating
    [0]luck (only given by GM)

21. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Martule

"How does one not know the extent of ones domain? Are your people warrior based? and lastly Why don't you let your men release their...fear, or do you plan to let it be released by the beasts they attract?"

"We have little need to explore. WE have found that all we need, we ahve for now. We have expanded, sure. But we have not found it necessary to explore. WE may start rethinking that logic after this occation. Secondly, We are not necessarily war based, but we have a strong army and we are training extensivly. Third, They are not afraid. They are simply on edge by a new circumstance. We believe that power is control. Controlling your desire for battle nad when you unleash it will strengthen you. Perhaps our cultures differ, but that is our belief. Now, can I meet the others? My men wil be fine waiting here."

TAG: Mitth

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Update soon.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Skills: One anywhere added to Communication
    []farming
    []herding
    [2]fishing
    [2]building
    [2]mining
    [2]culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    [2]medicine
    [3]education
    [3]logic
    [2]Religion
    [2]weapon forging
    [4]weapon wielding
    []animal riding
    [2]armor forging
    [2]strategical thinking
    [5]communication
    [1]trade
    [1]transportation
    []boating

Tarful tilted his head slightly forward and to the side, ?It will be done, our fastest climbers will carry the body through the trees to the western border were the land is clear and the sun sets. He will be passed from one group to the next until he reaches his destination, which he will before the sun sets on this day. Is there anything else that is required to be done with the body, or do any of you need to be present? If so a second team of climbers can carry one of you to make sure that it is done correctly and according to your custom, and if not you can talk them through anything that may be necessary from here.?

As he talked two large wookies moved forward and carefully lifted the body onto a stretcher and secured it using thick leather ropes. Then with some help the long ends of the stretcher were tied onto their shoulders, so that they could climb in tandem through the forest. They sent a message ahead so that at the point were and when they would likely begin to tire a second team would then take the stretcher and proceed and then pass it off again, until the fallen Muriad was brought to the light of the sun.

TAG: DarthIntegral

OOC: Have next reply up in a bit, Chuckles
    Integral, what does 5 in comm mean for my people?

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: be lookin' for a post tommorow. sorry i've been out of it for so long.

5 on com means that you can send messages over a long distance accurately.

25. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Approved by our Esteemed GM!

Species: Houk
    Clan Name: Lijuter Rasa Imperium
    Life Expectancy: 75 - 80 years
    System of Government: Dictatorship
    Religion: Belief in the power of individuals and of a great Energy Force.
    Clan Type: Small
    Skills:
    []farming
    [2]herding
    []fishing
    []building
    [5]mining
    []culinary
    []culture
    []politics
    []medicine
    []education
    []logic
    []Religion
    [5]weapon forging
    [5]weapon wielding
    [2]animal riding
    []armor forging
    [5]strategical thinking
    [1]communication
    []trade
    []transportation
    []boating

Initial Leader
    Name: Tellan Milor
    Brief Bio: Tellan Milor took the reins of ruler after the Houk Mother ship crash landed on an unknown planet. The Ship suffered massive damage and then in an unexpected turn of events the ship disappeared along with any representation of Technology that they had. Tellan Milor had remebered their homeworld of Lijuter and had based their government upon that memory. Soon other groups appeared and many tried to wage war against Tellan and the Houks, but they were defeated time and again. As time passed Tellan brought the group farther than expected. They now rely on him for all decisions and for the welfare of them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.