main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cleveland's Official Episode 3 discussion thread (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HOLY FLYING COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DID ANYONE SEE THE PIC OF ANI ALL BURNT UP??? (grantid it's a manip, but it's the closest look yet)

OH MY GOD!!!

:: runs over and barfs ::

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, and granted it's not from anything official like Insider or HYPERSPACE...it does present an interesting situation for GL/ Because how much of the "battle damage" Anakin do you show?

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
  4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    yeah..did you see the pics at Force.net...

ummm... that's what we're talking about....

Slow children at play....

;)

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Geoff showed me that pic the other night. I think it looks quite fake.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I think it looks quite fake.
    That's because it is! If you read what force.net said...

"The face, neck, body, and legs are composited together from 3 real images from makeup tests for Episode III. The robotic arm is from Episode 2 composited and colored in. Credit originally should go to an insider named Timberwolf, but obviously at this point that is inconsequential. "

As for the general pic in the upper right is from the Boba Fett Book ,and the center piece is a drawing. Wait a minute...what general pic (you might ask...)

This is the real article and is not cropped

And on a side note, I thought Ani got his arm lopped off above the elbow (I noted the clone wars comercial had the arm lopped off below the elbow as in the new article manip as well).

7. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
  8. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    It is fake. But it is also what Anakin WILL LOOK like in Epi.III. That has been confirmed by an insider on the 3sa boards.

9. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, Heydan could have doused himself with gasoline and had Lucas light him on fire.. at least it would look realistic, eh? [face_devil]

They could have had Tom Savini do the make-up!

But, I think he's still winding down from the DOTD remake

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    YOU could be Grievous!!!

Grievous has yet to be placed into any shots, and who will provide the voice of the menacing General has yet to be determined. "We haven't even looked for him yet," says McCallum. "There's still a long way to go. Voice-work for Grievous and other characters isn't likely to begin until August or November."

Just looking at his picture, I already have this awesome voice in mind for him. I'd love to get out the recorder and send a tape in to Lucasfilm, hehe.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Regarding the "It's just a flesh wound" post, Anakin's arm being cut above the elbow must be cannon in AOTC. I can see liberties being taken in the Clone Wars cartoon, but if that spoiler pic is just a composite, for all you know, his arm is cut off above the elbow in Episode III as well. Either that or GL made one big flub up.

I also heard that Anakin's and Obi-Wan's sabers (the one given to Luke and the one Obi-Wan uses in ANH) are the same style as they are in ANH, however they are worn on the belt with Covertech clips, not D-rings, as they were in ANH. Maybe there are just going to be some inconsistencies from movie to movie.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
  13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/explore/timeline/img/60.jpg]

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    What ever happened to him having 4 arms?

15. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Just think. That makes a possibility for SIX sabers!

16. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Amy Allen is back for Episode III...can I get a FRELL YEAH! Always happy to learn one of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland (even an honorary one) is going to be in a new movie...especially a Star Wars movie!

17. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    Well, how about Sam Jackson this past week saying that he will die a "Heroic and mystical death?" Can anyone say Jedi spirit?

18. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Dude! I missed that! Mystical death does = Jedi Spirit!

19. jedibri

Jul 19, 2000
    Love the pic.'s of the General's henchmen and of Obi-Wan in the new "Insider."

I hope the Henchmen see some action!

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Just a reminder of the "rules of engagment" here on the TFN board. Since this board is allowing (what many of us consider) spoilers...keep the boards on our home website SPOILER-FREE.

I think Mace's death will have something to do with Palpatine's declaration of himself as Emperor...and overthrowing the Republic in favor of the Empire. Some kinda act that signifies the balance of the Force being shifted towards the dark side.

Best line I've heard (concerning spoilers) on the subject:
    Curiosity leads to Answers.
    Answers lead to Spoilers.
    Spoilers lead to Suffering.
    - dp4m

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Seeing General Grievious on Clone Wars, I think he had to have been a Jedi at one point.

There was an interesting line in Star Wars: Republic #63: Count Dooku says, "When did I ever say I was a Sith?"

This lead me to think, maybe Grievious is Darth Maul.

22. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    I'm sorry guys, but Maul is dead and so is Jango and Boba and Palpatine and the only way you can bring em back are more prequels...lol

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I was thinking that my self Don. The artist DID say in the insider that he started out using Mauls eyes in his drawings.

24. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I heard that Lucas as no intentions of making Maul ANY part of the new General...I think fans just want more of Maul because he didn't do much in TPM.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    After some debate over where/how to post "spoilers"...I'm locking this thread (nothing wrong here) to make room for a "EPISODE III spoilers" thread. FOr all you guys who want to talk spoilers...GAME ON!!!!

As mentioned before, the boards on our website are 100% spoiler free...safe haven for those who want to avoid having their last SW movie premiere ruined.

Let's try to respect everyone's desire to enjoy (from both sides) the finale to the SW saga! Keep info on the appropriate board...and things should be alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.