main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Clone Wars costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect it will be awe inspiring awesome!

2. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    That helmet looks awesome, beautiful pictures!

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    After watching CLONE WARS, I am seriously considering working on General Kenobi's costume. That one from when Obi-Wan lead the Clonetrooper cavalry was just awesome!

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I am making the Red ARC Trooper for my boyfriend after the holidays. I have a;ready studied the costume and the action figure and decided to make it look like the cartoon verison.

The hardest part so far is locating decent Clone armor and a fiberglass helmet.

If anyone can help me locate these please pm me. :D

5. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Hey DanakinSkywalker, not a bad Anakin costume there, very nice indeed :D
    Yeah I think it'd be cool for someone to make Padme's costume in the first episode, or Asajj Ventress, it'd be so fun :D
    I fashion design and create things, problem is, money for patterns and fabrics to make any of these things, oh well, I'll just look at other ppl's costumes :D

6. Mandalorian-Warriors

Mandalorian-Warriors Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    I'll be working on a Blue ARC Trooper. I've got everything set for it, I'm hopeing to finish this up by Wizard World EastCoast.

Anybody else working on a Blue ARC Trooper? I seen a Blue ARC Trooper helmet on Ebay just before, but it's not for me, the chin needs work as for the RF/fin.

7. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    hey! has anyone seen the clone wars promotion on the chef boyardee cans? well there is a clear picture of the front of padme's clone wars dress, i'd scan it for everyone to see but my scanner is being a pain right now. just thought i'd point that out to anyone else interested =P

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    ooooo I'll have to find that. Did you see it in the US?

9. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    yes! in six packs at walmart supercenter lol hehe =P

10. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swdb/dbimages/44/40644L.jpg]

11. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    yeah that's it lol thx you

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Nice, thanks!!

13. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  14. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Someone was asking about Anakin's Clone War costume that DanakinSkywalker had made for him. From the looks of it, here's what you -might- need:

-Kimono design (fabric stores normally carry them): this is for the under and over tunic.
    -Outer robe design (same as above): you'll need to modify this, but it's not too hard.

-Black vinyl (fabric store): for the tabard thingies.
    -Oatmeal color crinkle cotton (fabric store- might be out of stock atm): this is for the under-tunic.
    -Burgundy or dark brown crinkle cotton (might have to dye the material): this is for the over-tunic.
    -Dark brown or black wool (or a heavy fabric): don't make the mistake of using a lightweight material, it won't flow/sit properly. This is for the outer cloak.

-Black or dark brown pants (your choice).

-Anakin's EP3/Clone War saber: don't go dropping a bunch of cash on this. I have Luke's EPIV saber design which would be Anakin's EP3. If you want a copy of the designs, just PM me. I slapped mine together for under $30. You?ll need a Dremel and some patience though.

-Belt: unless one is good with leather, one might have to drop the cash to get the belt made.

-Boots: I made some shin coverings out of the extra vinyl I had that fool everyone. It's cheap, and you just need a pair of boots (Doc Martins in my case) to wear under them.

This is just my quick assessment, so I might be off base/biased. Hope this helps!

-K

15. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    "-Black vinyl (fabric store): for the tabard thingies."

Anakin's tabards are brown.

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yes, buddy, everyone knows that they're brown, give it a rest ;).
    But seriously, if you're going for vinyl it's usually either black or a really brown looking brown. You'd be very lucky to be able to find a very dark brown vinyl out there.

Anakin's Clone War lightsaber is still his Episode II saber by the way. He hasn't made the switch yet in the comics.

And someone was asking about my costume? I must've missed it. I'd gladly answer any questions anyone has about it.

17. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Heh. So sue me, I messed up one part ;). But yes, they are a dark brown, which isn't exactly the easiest thing to find, but it is out there.

As to the lightsaber, if you're doing a "possible" Anakin EP3 saber, wouldn't it be Luke's EPIV? That's how I look at it anyways. Now to go finish up my Jedi armor...

-K

18. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Yes, you are correct. Anakin's EP3 lightsaber is a dead ringer for Luke's EP4 one. You can see mine on my site.

19. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Yesterday I did a 501st event for cartoon network and I got to see the next 10 episodes of the clone wars cartoons. They were great! I'm already doing drawings of stuff I saw on Padme so I can make it myself. :D You guys are going to be amazed by what's to come! But I won't say more than that since I'd be spoiling it for everyone.

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Lucky duck!
    Well, it's just great to hear that the upcoming episodes are going to be great! :D

21. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Finished my clone wars Padme costume finally.

Sorry for the cut and paste:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/iycis7/detail?.dir=/b8f0&.dnm=fac4.jpg

22. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    iycis, your costume turned out so well! And you look adorable in it!

Wonderful job!

23. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Ditto Iycis Your costume is so adorable!! And you look like a doll in it :D Great job!!

Ferd :)

24. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Ditto on the adorableness. :)

Something I noticed while looking at the CW Padme screen caps Maggie has... all of Padme's outfits are reminiscent of things she wore in AOTC. There's a regal purple gown with a choker and an upswept hairstyle; a softer, pastel gown with corset (and hair buns); and a white battle suit ("snow bunny" this time). Nice little continuation.

25. SavinJhsoe

SavinJhsoe Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2004
    iycis - That came out great!! ^o^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.