main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Clone Wars' Tie-ins with Episode III

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthWeenie, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    I am a representative of a JC movement called the Emperor's S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E. We are an online club based around the philosophy that Episode III is the last Star Wars movie ever, and should be ESPECIALLY cherished and revered. Therefore, we want to make our Episode III viewing experience as memorable and special as we can, by knowing absolutely as little as possible about the movie when we see it for the first time. We avoid all spoilers, and even the movie trailers when they come out. We are the Spoiler and Trailer Free for EpIII Club of Crazed Fans. It is SO MUCH GOLL DARN FUN being part of the ESS!!!!! ...But thats beside the point.

The purpose of this threadis not to promote the club. Rather, the purpose is to gather information from you, the JC, about the existence of Episode III tie-ins to the Clone Wars cartoon. If there were to be any tie-ins or plot set-ups for EpIII in the CW cartoon, you can see how that would be a huge conflict of interest with being a part of the Emperor's S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E.

My club, in its secret location, is having a hissy fit about this subject, saying that the possiblity that the CW cartoon might contain EpIII set-ups is too great, and they wont watch the cartoon until after the movie comes out. I seem to be the cartoon's only defender.

I am as large a fan of animation as I am of Star Wars, so I am torn, as you can imagine. The only thing in the world I want to do more than watch this cartoon is watch EpIII.

I do have this quote from Mark Lazarus:
    Mark Lazarus, president of the Turner Entertainment Group, which oversees Cartoon Network, says...

..."Clone Wars" will continue the story laid out in "Episode II," although it will not establish plot points for "Episode III" as "The Animatrix" did for the "Matrix" sequels. Lazarus does say that the shorts could lead to "a more longer-form partnership between Cartoon Network and the 'Star Wars' franchise."

I dont entirely believe what this guy says. Not that he's lying, I just dont think he's very "in the know." So, my question is for any JCers who have heard rumors/reports or anything about ANY setups, tie-ins, planets, races, ships, anything that will be in Clone Wars that you also heard will be in Ep III.

Now, before posting, this is a very touchy subject. I realize many of you might be spoiled for EpIII already, so I only ask you please to not spill anything to me. Please respect MY wishes, and dont say ANYTHING that you know of EpIII related. And moderator, perahps you could help me out on this if someone decides to come in here and blow the whole thing because they know how important it is to me. Thank you in advance. And I thank YOU in advance, JCers for being couth and courteous. Once again, I cannot emphasize enough that I do not want to know ANYTHING you may know about EpIII.

OR even better, do you have any information that CW will not contain any of these tie-ins or setups?

I am looking for answers like this:
    "I heard from <suchandsuch website/magazine/etc.> that some planets that appear in CW will appear in EpIII." You know, Stuff like that. I really REALLY want to watch this cartoon, and I want my club to watch it too! But not at the expense of Episode III. Thanks again everybody!

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It has been said numerous times the CW cartoons will not have any tie-ins to the next movie (unlike the Animatrix).

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah. Not the animatrix, although it does tell what leads into Episode III.

4. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Alright. So 2 differing answers. Thanks fellas. But do either of you have sources? ???

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Clone Wars will not tie-in significantly to the Episode III movie in the sense that nothing will be referred to FROM the series IN the movie.

However, some things from Episode III *might* appear in the cartoon, such as the new hairdo, etc.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that someone mentioned it in a chat, that there would be no significant tiein thingy.

My answer doesn't differ very much. These won't tie into Epi-III directly, but are part of the clone wars, which ends in Epi-III they'll tie in with the EU, certainly.

7. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    Dp4m is exactly right.
    From what i've seen and heard the appearance of anakin and padme will link to Episode III. So if you don't want to know what the characters are going to look like, then bypass the cartoons. Of course, not all characters are going to appear EXACTLY as they will in Ep.III, but it'll b similar.

8. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    I see. Youve all been most helpful so far. Anyone else care to chime in?

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The show is set 4 months after Geonosis, so by the time of EP3, the events will have been over 2 years old, so they won't tie in plot-wise very much.

10. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I hope General Grevious is shown in the 2nd season

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Who? I don't think that i've heard of him.

12. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    He's not even confirmed yet. He's a character rumoured (emphasis on rumour) to be in Episode 3.

He isn't an EU character, and has never been heard of before.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Please watch the POSSIBLE Episode III spoilers. Anything that is NOT Officially released by LFL is a spoiler and is only allowed in 3SA.

14. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    ^^^Thanks. Amen brutha.

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Interesting.

16. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    What's interesting?