main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Clone Wars Toys - Midnight Madness!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ShadaErsari, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Well, the Clone Wars are almost upon us, and that means more toys and more collectibles to devour! As little Ani would say, "Yippee!"

I've read about "Midnight Madness" events in the past - people invading their local Toys R Us or Target to participate in activities, parade in costume and snatch up goodies to take home.

Apparently Hasbro has now released their Fall 2008 toy schedule and the catalog for the Clone Wars toy releases. The article I read this in was on Rebelscum.com, and you can find it here.

While the article said I could check out the Hasbro site for a list of stores participating in the Midnight Madness events, I wasn't able to find a list.

Anyone know if any of the stores in our own Central Ohio/Columbus area are planning to join in the fun? Has anyone participated/attended events in the past or plan to do so in the future?

2. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    The Toys R' Us on Sawmill is going to be open for midnight madness, and it is a freakin blast! When the ROTS toy line came out, a group of us went, and it truly was madness. I'm not expecting a huge turn out like the ROTS line, but I can see a few die hards out at midnight. I know at least 3 people will be there. Me, Bill (Darth William), and CJ (DarthFloyd).

Shada, are you thinking of going in costume?

3. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    Still considering this one...not really interested in the toys as much as the costuming. :D

4. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    I've only seen the pics of your gear. Would love to see it in person!

5. SITHMASTER3117

SITHMASTER3117 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2007
    If you all welcome myself I can show up in costume lightsabre in hand I need an exact date though und myself und friends will show up in costume so let me know. do write back Sithmaster3117

6. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    Sawmill, huh? That's not bad. I can manage that. :) Yeah, I was thinking about going in costume, but I didn't want to be the only one. lol I've got plenty of geeky t-shirts, though, so I can always do that. ;)

Well, as for an exact date, the Clone Wars toys are being released on July 26th. So I'm assuming that midnight madness would happen the second that it turns July 26th. Hopefully that helps. :)

7. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    None of us will be in costume, but Jon said he might show up in his, and perhaps SithMaster will as well. But geeky tshirts are always a suitable backup!

Correct. It is midnight the night of Friday the 25th going to the 26th. So one week from today.

8. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    Gah, I just looked at my calendar and realized I'd made plans that night already. Anyone know how late these Midnight Madness activities usually run? I wouldn't be able to show up until around 1AM, I'm guessing. And I suppose after that, there's little point in going. :-\

9. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    The stores usually stay open for about an hour, or until they determine no one else is coming in. So by 1am, they will be in the process of closing, or already closed.

But sometimes you might get lucky at a 24 hour Walmart. But I haven't heard anything about them doing Midnight Madness.

10. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    Ok, I've got a three Mando Mercs confirmed...anyone else going to be costuming?

11. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    What time is everyone showing up to this thing? 10? 11? 3 in the afternoon?

12. ShadaErsari

Sep 17, 2003
    Gah, well, I won't be able to join you guys, then. Oh well. Bring back stories!

13. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    We'll probably show up around 11:30ish. At least thats when I planned on showing up. Can't speak for the other guys.

14. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    We'll be showing up around 10 just so we have more time to goof-off in costume. We'll see you guys there!

15. lazer310

Apr 23, 2000
    Bill said he will be there around 9 o clock. So you guys will jhave some company. Can't wait to see the gear. Seeya tonight!

16. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    Anybody get any pics up? Sadly, I was unable to take pictures since I was in armor.

17. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Jon,

Here are a few pics that I have that turned out ok. unfortunately, my camera was not functioning right, so alot of them didn't turn out-dang it!

Thanks for turning out though, guys! We had a blast!

http://flickr.com/photos/b1lly/sets/72157606370786331/show/

18. Jo-Nich

Sep 25, 2005
    Thanks!

19. RC-007

RC-007 Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2008
    I was there. I wish I knew about you guys before hand. I would have come early and hung out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.