main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Collections

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by NM_Mandalorian, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Norvon

Norvon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    No problem. I try to post or let collectors know about those types of things. I have only seen 3 in stores so far. Obi-Wan, R2, and Mace. Also, the Vader with the coin album. I picked those up so far. Still looking for the others.

2. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    Nicole bought the R2 and the Battle Droid figs w/coins. I wasn't too impressed with either. But I am waiting to see the concept art figs. Those look like they will be awesome. Best thing is that the TRU out here stays pretty stocked. So if any of you are looking for anything particularly hard to find let me know and I will take a look around.

3. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay, seriously, gotta love Target!

I found a lot of great stuff for $1. Got some color pencils & pens. Found some great plastic snap gift bags, as well as water bottles. (one of the pens and bottles I'll be giving to a friend since she's in love with Yoda).

And the best find was a Target Exclusive Order 66 set. I ended up with 5 of 6 which is Anakin Skywalker & Airborne Trooper. I'm really happy with it (first off cause it's blue and that's my ultimate fav. color) and second of all the casing is great with "Star Wars Order 66) on the top and the quality of figures is just perfect. Definately one to keep in its casing. And plus it was the only Anakin one there which was a plus.

4. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Those are nice sets.
    Great finds too.

5. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Those Order 66 sets do look really nice.

6. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I think I managed to find the complete set of those. They were hard to find too.

7. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    I hooked up with the Bantha Battle Pack, it is a cool set.

8. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Nice find.

9. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Picked up the latest SW Insider (as it's now with a new publishing company), also picked up book 3 of the Dark Nest Trilogy (I have the first two and have been dying to read the third one), and also got 3 packs of trading cards (I had been searching for some SW cards for months but could never find any until now.)

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    More stuff to add to my collection. My mom went to the post office and found the Star Wars stamps! She also found some postcards too. There is no way I will be taking them out of the packaging.

They are sweet!

11. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Very nice. It's always nice to find what you are looking for.
    I found the rest of the second wave of figures with coins and most of wave 3 today. It was a good day for my collection.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    That's cool. Eventually I plan to get more of the coined figures but it probably won't be for a while. I've got to start saving what money I can for all of that college stuff.

I did find one of those characters for the car dashboard though. I was going to get Vader but KB Toys didn't have it so I got Yoda instead (even better!)

13. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Those dashboard figures are cool. I just can't bring myself to open any of mine up and put them in my car.
    Walmart on Trans Mountain has the Vader with the coin and coin album on clearance for $5. I picked one up last weekend. I already had 2, but got another one to open.

14. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    $5- that's a very good deal. I've seen them at KB Toys for 8. I've just never bothered to pick one up. Eventually.

Did get the latest SWI though. I so need to renew my subscription.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I found a major good deal at KB Toys yesterday.

Those Force Battlers normally run for $12.99 but yesterday they were on sale for $6.98 and to top that off they were buy 1 get 1 50% off.

There was no way I would pass that up! So I bought the Trooper, Chewbacca, and 2 Anakin Skywalkers (one of which I opened).

16. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    You cann't bet that deal. For that price I think I would have picked some up too. I don't think they were worth the $13-$15 that they first came out at.

17. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I only have a few of the Force Battlers. I didn't like very many of them that much.

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Went to Walmart and I found a screw up action fig. The package says an AT-AT Driver but the fig itself is an episode V Luke Skywalker.

Now onto bigger news...

Okay I got the coolest thing ever!

When I go to my room I see a package on my bed, curious I go over to it. There is a bag from Comic Con (???) I don't know anyone in California so I'm a bit baffled. I open it and there are two books inside. One of them is a book on the events that happened at Comic Con and the other is a book with a Star Wars cover on it. That's not all though, there are actual hand signed autographs from Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford !!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my parents got home, I asked who went to Comic Con? My mom tells me that she has a cousin out there who called her two weeks ago and said that he had a surprise for me. Boy was it ever!

19. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Very nice. Congrats.

20. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    Did anyone pick up the new Star Wars Vault book? I ordered mine from Amazon.com. It should be here by next week. I can't wait to check it out. It should be well worth the wait.

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Vault book? No I haven't. Considering the price it might be a while before I ever get it.

22. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    It is pretty cool. It has allot of stuff in it that you can take out and look at.

23. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    What's up guys? Had to drop by and say hello real quick.
    That Vault book looks really nice---Everett, You might have to bring it up with ya one of these days since it might take some time before I can squeeze that into my budget. ;)
    I was able to get that 'Pop Up Guide to the Galaxy' at a Target here in Alb, and it is really sweet!

24. Norvon

Jul 18, 2005
    I will bring it up next time I come up. I don't know when that will be though. I would like to have a look at your book too.

25. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    So did anyone get any Star Wars stuff for Christmas? Here are the things I got:

- SW Action Figure Luke Skywalker (the one with him holding the bone that comes with the coin).

- SW Millenium Falcon plug-in play (Played it yesterday and that one was awesome!)

- SW Original Radio Productions (it's all 3 movies only when they did them in radio form a very long time ago).

I'm really happy with what I ended up with.