main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collectormania 10!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by lukesgirlie, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    :eek: [face_shame_on_you] You're not allowed to be ill!!!

Your fan force needs you!

2. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    There's been mucho stormio today guys so perhaps prepare for rain. Haven't looked for the actual forcast but y'know.. be warned. So the first official meet time is 12 outside Next? I'll be there

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    That is the correct time and correct location. Next have a weekend sale on though so It'll probably be busy down that end now :oops:

See you tomorrow, have a safe trip everyone :D

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm not going I'm afraid, sorry.
    was too hard to get my shift changed.

I have to work at 4:30, and I don't think I can go there and get back in time. Even if I could I'd have to leave after about 2 hours, so it's not worth it.

I could still possibly go on Sunday since I don't work till 6.

Hope ya'll have a good time.

5. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Sorry to hear that richie, and i hope your better for tomorrow glen. we need our south meet!

and for the rest of you, see you all tomorrow!! safe journeys!

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, it seems miraculous, but my health has improved slightly, so I'll probably be there. Might be a tad late though :p

7. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Stupid early busses! I'll be there a tad late, I'll phone someone..

...although I doubt anyone can read this because you're all there already

8. lukesgirlie

lukesgirlie Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2005
    Something rather shocking has happened...

A SOUTH MEET! [face_dancing]

It has actually happened :D

Great to finally meet Tim, Meeka, Glen and Dave, and to see Matt, Hunky, Mark and Rob again...and Jon of course :D And Jon got me two presents, so I'm in a better mood now :p

Sorry for the massive bruised ankle and not being in a very talkative mood btw [face_blush]

9. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    A SOUTH MEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Sorry i had to rush off again as always. Nice seeing you all again though.

Sorry i didnt talk to you much meeka

anyway, enough apologies. a great day all round (except i didnt get paid ARRGHH!!!) I managed to get the 2 autographs i wanted though (david wenham and alice krige)

Ill post pictures when my uncle sends them to me. Also, i've made the descision to try everything in my power to get to g-mex in november. My faramir picture also has eowyn on it so i want miranda otto's signature. I also want about 7 other guests aswell lol

so i hope to see some of you in manchester, i promise ill stick around longer lol maybe even help on the stall. and ill have about £400 by then so i wont be skint like today lol

anyway, cheers all for a good meet. Oh and Chris, you had some red on you mate :p

10. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Twas good meeting everyone :p Shame I was sort of absent in the head for most of the time.

highlight though: Scout Trooper on Shopmobile :p

11. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Was nice meeting everyone and congratz to the South for having an official meet :D
    The next one will be the prelude to CE, so maybe we should all use it as a dress-rehearsal and all go in our Star Wars cossies ;)

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well done on having a South meet.

Shame I couldn't attend, maybe next time.
    Glad ya'll had a good time.

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    What an excellent weekend - we had four Fan Forces represented on Saturday ...

FF-UK: South - an official meet, well done =D=
    FF-UK: London
    FF-UK: Midlands
    FF-UK: North

Plus we had two Midlanders there crewing for one of the big SW costuming groups, kudos to them =D=

I really enjoyed spending time with everyone on Sat, had a good time, and happy to be able to chat to you all (even if I said someone's name wrong - not on purpose btw honest :p )
    Great meet, found it really enjoyable. Hope everyone else did too.

Sunday was a blast too - I helped crew for Showmasters, and wow was it an experience and a half. I had to sit and look after Paul Brooke's (Rancor Keeper - Malakili) table, and Paul is an absolute star, great to chat with and I hope he really enjoyed his first convention. I'd love to crew again from having such a great experience, and anyone interested in it contact me via PM, and I'll let you know what you need to do. I really must point out, it is hard work btw, long days and you are expected to work hard, but it is worth it.

FF-UK: South
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_01.jpg]

FF-UK (no Meeka in there, she was guarding bags from chavs :( )
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_02.jpg]

She made up for it in the other version of this pic, which I can't post :p Horns are mean't to have two fingers :D
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_03.jpg]

Professional convention gatecrasher (and scarer of kids).
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_04.jpg]

Waiting for the zombie onslaught
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_05.jpg]

This was my pit area on Sunday, and the table I watched over. But I never saw an droids. Or Rancors for that matter.
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_06.jpg]

Paul Brooke, a nice guy and very funny man. I hope he does more cons, he's one of the stars that appreciates the fans and gives a little back. All round :cool:
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_07.jpg]

Some of the FF-UK London came up on Sunday - group photo with Jeremy Bulloch and Voren on right (thanks dude for everything)
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_08.jpg]

Chow down at Elements
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/FFUKS_Oct06_MK/FFUKS_MK_Oct06_09.jpg]

I have no idea why I pull faces on photos btw lol.

14. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Wow, I look like I'm gurning in that FFUK sans Meeka pic :p

15. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, that's why. Everyone is grumpy without the sis in the pic! :D

And as for the Horns with one finger...I take it Tamika posed for her traditional Black Country salute! :p

16. Cobranaconda

Mar 3, 2004
    Hehe :p

Oh, does anyone have pics of the Scout trooper on the Shopmobility Scooter? :p

17. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    No, but here's my pics from Sunday: http://www.vaderseyeball.com/Conventions.html

18. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    Glad everyone had a good time at Collectormania and nice to see some pics from the event and to get to put faces to names! Although I still not quite sure who is who, only recognised Lord-Tice, lol.

As for me, well I had a fab time down in Essex :D

19. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    who's the ginger fellow hanging off jeremy bulloch looking uncomfortable?
    ;)
    looks like everyone had a swell time...
    koren,you weren't going to put all of that in your mouth at once,were you?

and as major phennir says,we did have a bit of a shindig down in southend ourselves the weekend.
    photos may be forthcoming.
    if you're really good!

20. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    And what is it with the crew shirts - they look like school sweaters?!

21. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    perhaps that was the intention.
    if you get my drift...

22. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Looks like you all had a great time. I got to see Hugh Jackman prance around the stage as Peter Allen in The Boy From Oz instead. Mmmmm, Hugh Jackman....

Back to the topic. Out of ccuriosity: did anyone get me David Wenham's autograph, or did they forget?

23. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Sorry nat, if i got paid i would of done, but alas i hardly had enough money for myself.

24. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    It was great to meet everyone, Serena, Glen and who ever else i miss off.

Dewbackrider88: I forgive you for not talking to me much but we still had a good day.

Jon: I can't believe that you ate half my lunch instead of buying your own.

I forgot to do the horns on one of the pics but there will be a next time.

25. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    :_|

Was he asking for money for a scribble on a piece of paper then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.