main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Collector's TAP CAFE XV everyone is welcome here !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    It looks like my last post did not post lol.... Les I guess Heathrow has been completely shut down for several days now. The airline companys must be losing a fortune.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, this is day 6 of the Heathrow closure and it will be closed til at least 1am tomorrow. They had hoped to get some flights off but another ash cloud is approaching. Lots of people are in lots of places trying to get home. Some of the ones in Europe have been able to get to France to get trains & ferries but that doesn't help people trying to get here from further afield such as the US or Asia (or people trying to get back there). The only bright spot is that those of us living near Heathrow are having a lot of peace and quiet! (I don't mind the planes and the noise - I like to watch them.)
    I went to Sainsburys this morning to grocery shop and the checkout lady said her mother came over to visit from Israel and she's supposed to go back Thursday. I have a feeling her mother might be visiting for awhile. At least she's with family though. Lots of people are fining that the travel insurance companies aren't helping at all for extra hotel bills, etc.

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    What a mess Les. I have heard that the airlines have lost 1.8 billion and they will be looking for help from the governments of the countries that were impacted.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Some planes have started flying here now, but nowhere near as many as I usually see. A lot of the UK airlines are concentrating more on getting people back here than carrying new people out. Heathrow is supposed to stay open later for landings tonight to get more people back. (Normally the landings stop around 11pm.)

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So you going to be spending money this weekend, Mike?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Canadian_Collectible_Toy_Expo_130766.asp

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Just fine, Les, thanks. Busy with being a dad, hardly having time for myself. That, or I have too many hobbies and interests, ha!

How're you holding up over yonder?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm doing OK now that the weather is warming up a bit here. I'm sick of cold and have been spending quite a bit of time outside in the warm sunshine.

8. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Yeah, if you're not a winter person, I guess this last one really got to ya [face_cowboy] I didn't mind, I loved it actually! But spring has its upsides too, though. My g/f is away for the weekend, so I have some quality time with Linet and Dione. The warm weather's quite welcome, because after while they're starting to get bored with playing inside.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We've got some rain at the moment but the sun is threatening to come out. London Marathon is going on now and I think the runners would prefer the rain.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    How are you doing Income and how is the family :)

Les I ended up not being able to go to the show thanks to a problem at work that took me all day to fix.
    Oh well :(

11. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    Its Raining today. Last night we got a quick little thundering hailstorm. No damaga to anything i know of Just stung when the hail hit you.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Aww, that sucks, Mike. Guess you saved some money then..

My broadband was acting up yesterday so I wasn't on much. So far it's OK today.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am on waiting lists for several Sideshow and Gentle giant items Les so it is probably a good thing that I did not go Les :)

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    There have been some horribly destructive tornadoes in the midwestern US in recent days. David where abouts do you live.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello everyone :) The months have certainly been flying by. I cannot believe that it is May. It got up to the high 80s with humidity yesterday. They are calling for a hot summer where I live so I am happy :) Jeannette is off to Vancouver next week for a conference and some sightseeing. I have lots of packing to take care of in the coming months.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey Mike. It's been chilly with sun & showers here today. Not so nice weather for a holiday weekend! I bet Jeannette will have a good time in Vancouver. She going with other people from work or on her own?

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Les she is going on her own. I think that she might be meeting up with a couple of friends out there.
    I am working from home today. The car rear brakes seized up. Fortunately it happened close to the car dealership.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    At least it died in a good spot. The battery in mine packed it in. It wouldn't start yesterday even after I used the charger. So my car guy came out and installed a new heavy duty one today around 4:30 pm. It started fine after that. Hopefuly it will next week when I need it as well! (Got my 3 year's warranty worth out of the old one but not much more than that. So it was due.)

19. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The elections have been very interesting out there Les...

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I was really hoping we'd seen the back of Gordon. I was pretty disappointed that the Tories fell short of a majority. And the market has taken a bath as a result as well. At least it's closed til Monday now.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Jeannette is on her way to Vancouver for a week. I am going to do some packing and painting in her absense.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So you are playing bachelor and bunny feeder, Mike?

And the UK political saga goes on. Today Brown announced he will step down as Labour leader and hopes to have a new leader in place by September. Meanwhile the Lib Dems are still talking to the Tories and are now talking to Labour as well about a coalition. So we could end up with Labour (who came in second) and the Lib Dems (who came in third) forming a government with the party that came in first (Conservatives) still in Opposition.

23. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Exactly Les [face_laugh] I was reading about Brown resigning earlier this morning. Jeannette gave me a call this morning. She is having a great time. Probably it is because she is getting quiet time away from me :)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like she's having fun, Mike.

And the political shenanigans still go on. The BBC News reporters are earning their money this week!

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Yes she is Les. Her convention starts on Friday and continues until Sunday evening. She then flys back to Toronto on Monday. Les the political situation out there keeps getting more interesting :)