main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Come One, Come All, to a Flag Day!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Ok guys, I know I have a few things going right now, but bear with me.

Since the DVD release won't be for a while yet, and I haven't heard anything from Harkins about the Trilogy, here is my next ploy to get some of you up to Flag for a day of fun in the pines! I just need your help figuring out how to bribe you all here for it.

PROLOGUE: Today I called Hastings here in Flagstaff and asked if it would be ok for FanForce to set up a table outside to let people know we are here in Flag and to try to get some people to sign up. They were more than happy to oblige and before I could say anything else, they asked that we be in costume if possible! :D YIPPEE! Then they said the best day would be a Saturday after classes started back up at NAU.

So with that said, here is my idea:

I was thinking that on August 31st in the afternoon we could get in costume, set up the table in front of Hastings, recruit fellow fans and create organized mayhem!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I know from personal experience that it is a long drive to and from Flagstaff. So I was going to rent you a hotel room (since I have literally no where to put anyone at my place) for anyone who wanted to stay overnight, either for Friday or Saturday night. What we do the rest of Saturday is really up to you all. We could have a party, go hiking, whatever, but I need to know what you want to do other than man the table in-front of Hastings in the afternoon/early evening.

I would REALLY appreciate any help you guys could give me with getting FanForce started here in Flag. So anything you guys want to do Saturday (that isn't against my religion or my marriage vows) is fine with me!! :D

Please let me know what you think and if August 31st is already occupied by some PFF, RL or 501st thing or some convention I forgot about.

2. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    In case you didn't read the ANH, ESB, ROTJ thread, it looks like LFL isn't releasing prints of the Trilogy right now because of some TV deal.

So, it looks like when I do hear from Bryan at Harkins, he'll probably be telling me no.

:_|

WAAAAA!!

Now I only have Aug. 31st and the DVD-release to get you guys up to Flag!

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    "(that isn't against my religion or my marriage vows)"

It's like you know us so well! ;)

4. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Well, it appears I'm having problems with the SQL database since I can't edit the above message. [face_plain]

I was trying to say that you can count me in.

EDIT: And it figures that I can edit this message with no problem.

5. Master_Skippy_Gallia

Master_Skippy_Gallia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2002
    HEE HEE! I forgot to check who I was logged in as!! [face_laugh]

6. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    LOL [face_laugh] That's better...

Anyway..

Thanks IA I really appreciate it!! I would love to see you as Grand Admiral Thrawn especially if you've still got those red contacts!! OOOHHH! Smurfy!!

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!

Ok, I'm better now. I think I have a thing for bad guys!

7. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I think I have a thing for bad guys!

Well in that case count me in. I don?t rank as high as a Grand Admiral but being a Sandtroopers General does require you to be Bad A@#. The Bad boys do have more fun. Ask the queen. How do you think IA got to be a Grand Admiral? Not by being a nice boy.

8. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Yes but bad girls have more fun :D

MJA

9. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    naughty girl you naughty girl. pie pie.
    2 wrongs dont make a right.
    but 2 bad PFF members do make for one good time [face_devil]

super goat

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm there. :) :) With my personal Imperial Officers, of course. :D

11. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Sounds like a good time to me. :)

Count me in.

12. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm no bad a$$. Just a geeky, goofy lookin bald guy! :p But I'll do whatever I can to make sure I'm there!

and Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure alot of the PFF will agree here. You don't need some miraculus event to get us up there. Just two words... ROAD TRIP! :D

13. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll be there, in costume is another thing (gotta ask the Queen on that one :) )

14. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    ROAD TRIP!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS!!

I'll keep it for Aug 31st then and call Hastings!! YIPPEEEE! :D

DEICIDE All I can say about the joy of seeing you again is...SUPER GOAT!

And I can't wait to see the rest of you again! But this time you'll be on my turf! MWAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA! [face_devil]

The more costumes the better! If you can't come in costume VoidDancer or anyone else, that's ok, I still want ya there! :D

Do you guys want to have a BBQ before we do the table?

15. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    BBQ YES !!!!!

And don't use the phrase "do the table" anywhere near Diecide....or the Queen (She can't behave herself on the boards). I thought you knew better ;)

16. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    [Homer Simpson impression] Mmmm barbeque :)

17. Mexchewy70

Mexchewy70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    I think I can make it. Addendum to my post on the Harkins non showing, etc (Brain no function good beer without!) How about a TV at the Table showing the trilogy?

18. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I say if we do this, we raise general hell in down town. Mess with a few drunk people, while in costume. There are a few cool bars there. San Felipe's is a great palce.
    HOWEVER UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD I STEP FOOT INSIDE THE MUSEUM CLUB!
    SATAN WILL THROWING SNOWBALLS IN HELL BEFORE THAT HAPPENED.
    Other then that general rule, I maybe talked into it.

19. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    BBQ it is then!! YIPPEEE!! (I'm saying that a lot lately!!) I suggest we put up a post on what people will bring in a few weeks as we get closer.

And I love the idea of having a TV playing the Trilogy Mexchewie70, we'll do that too!

AND..CaptHowdy 00 I like the idea of hitting down town in costume after we "DO THE TABLE" (That was just for you Void! :D) I wouldn't mind freaking a few people out as long as we don't get arrested! :) And staying clear of the Museum Club is just fine with me. DEICIDE will LOVE that!! ;) We may have to get a shock-collar or something just for him! [face_laugh]

THIS IS GONNA BE SO ROCKIN'!! :D

20. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    why do I get the feeling there are gonna be a few stories coming out of this... :)

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Figures that this happens after I move :).

22. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    EmprsHandMick: :D I'm sure I have NO idea what you're talking about! ;)!! [face_laugh]

KnightWriter :( I wish you could be there!

23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Hey guys, just called Hastings and we're good to go for Saturday, August 31st. They said we could show up anytime and that they'll let us put up a TV to watch the Trilogy on. Remember to bring costumes to wear if you have them!

Now we just need to plan a time for the BBQ and a time to set up outside Hastings. I also need to make flyers to pass out, and a banner or something.

Oh and remember, we're gonna hit down town and have some fun afterwards!! Can someone bring a video camera? [face_devil]

I want to send someone to the PFF meeting to announce this for me since I'll be on vacation and can't go. I was hoping someone would volunteer to talk to everyone at the meeting about coming up and helping. Any volunteers? PM me and let me know. Thanks!

MTFBWY!

24. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Ok, boys and girls, I'm down with this trip as long as we make one change. The important change? Make it a "Let's celebrate Moe's birthday event" on top of it all. That's right, August 31 just happens to be my 24th birthday.

If this request, nay - demand, is not met, I'm going to personally kidnap each and every one of you, and no one goes.

Does anyone dare to oppose the Dark Lord Mobius?

25. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'm all for an excuse to party!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.