main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comi-Con San Diego

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by kitchenvixen, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Hey all,
    Hello from sunny Claifornia. Anyone attending Comi-con in San Diego in July?
    This will be my famalies first year and we are excited.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    As fun as it sounds, it's a bit too far for me. Perhaps one year I'll just throw caution to the wind, suck it up, and blow a wad of cash to head out there. But right now I'm just getting back on track after my C3 bills, so SDCC will have to wait - though I still want one of those holographic Leias. ;)

3. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....perhaps I could be persuaded to see if I can get you one.

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Aaah! Don't tease me! I threw out a feeler on the FanForce trading board and have had no bites yet. I suppose I could wait until after the con and see if the fan club store offers it, but I'm always miss out on that stuff because it sells out so quickly. I just have this huge aversion to paying more than regular price when it comes to ebay. :p

5. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    If I can get it before it's sold out. I will get it and mail it off to you. On my hnour.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well if you end up with a spare, I will be in your debt. :D

I hope you have a great time! I can't imagine you won't. My old college roomie used to live in LA, so he went to SDCC a couple of times. Since then he's moved to Vegas and now Seattle, so I don't think he's been in a few years. The only really big mega-con I've been to is Dragon*Con (not counting C2 & C3), but it's been probably about 10 years since I last went. I also used to go to Charlotte for a small con up there back when Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Warrick Davis, Jeremy Bulloch, Peter Mayhew, and David Prowse used to travel with the "Men Behind the Mask" tour. That was quite a while back, when you could actually get an autograph for free or $5 depending on the con. I miss those days.

7. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    i will make a point to get you one...pm me after the con in july :)

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I was checking out your Star Wars Families link in your signature. Those are some great pictures and costumes! :D

9. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Thanks so much! I will be updating with more pictures after we get back from comicon. Did you sign my guestbook? :)

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Not quite. I had just finished the gallery and was working my way down the links. When I was getting to the cookbook part I gotta phone call and had to get off the computer. Those are the woes for those of us still on dial-up. But I'll definitely finish looking and leave a quick note!

11. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Thanks for taking the time. I still have a lot of work to do on it. It's the begining of what I hope will become local Star Wars Fan Families to meet up in their own local areas. I had dial up forever. When my husband worked for our local cable company we switched and have not looked back.[face_blush]

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Ah! I signed your guestbook and then checked to see if I did it right and lo and behold! Eddie's entry popped up! Eddie loves me. He goes cross-country just to be in the same guestbook with me at the same time. :p

13. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I noticed that, he must really love you! Thank you both for signing it. Let me know when the groups site is up so I cna take a peep. If you all make a banner for your site I will add it to my links............:)

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So how was Comic Con? I saw the article about your family that was posted. That was awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.