main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC CON 2005 - July 13-17

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    w00t for us.. ;)

Anyways, Howdy, Rachel from San Diego here. Just reminding you all to not be strangers and make sure to stop by the San Diego Star Wars Society's booth and say hi!! See you there! :D

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    You can still register for comic-con you just ahve to do it online

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Trivia Game eh? That does sound tempting but I'd probably get stuck on some minor production/behind the scenes crap or some interview in a magazinge that IS NOT really about the SW universe. It's interesting and all but that kinda triva is kinda weak I think. If it was EU, movies, games etc... now that would be a real contest. Although I must admit I'm behind on the prequel era novels. Ah well.

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Regarding the Hotel Rooms -

I'll PM Harlock, but if it's OK with everyone else I'll stay in the girls room for the weekend :) If Eva and Angelica decide to come at the last minute will everyone be OK with sharing that room between 5 people? If you'd rather keep the room open for them I'm OK with that, I just need to know one way or the other before I call and cancel my reservation. Thanks!

- Kathy

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    FYI - I cancelled my reservation at the Sheraton Suites so I'll be sharing the room at the Fairfield with Star Smuggler and Sky Solo :) Thanks for the invite! This should be fun!

- Kay Dee

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's more info, including celebrities, courtesy of starwars.com:

San Diego Comic-Con International, the largest pop culture and comic convention in North America, is coming to the San Diego Convention Center July 13-17. As it was in 2004, the large Lucasfilm Star Wars Pavilion is a must-see for every Star Wars fan. Located in the front row of Hall D, the Pavilion will have great displays, events, give-aways, and fun at each of the booths, all set in a festive Star Wars street fair atmosphere. Watch film footage on the big overhead screen, play video game tournaments and impromptu Star Wars trivia games, enjoy special presentations, chat with Star Wars saga film stars, and spot surprise guests all weekend long.
    Exhibiting this year in the Star Wars Pavilion:

Star Wars Shop / Hyperspace: Come by Star Wars Shop, the store for Star Wars fans, for a great selection of merchandise chosen especially for Comic-Con International. Hasbro's Holographic Princess Leia action figure will debut at the show, plus you never know what other collectible surprises might be available.

Have more fun shopping and cruising the Comic-Con International exhibit hall floor by ordering your Holographic Leia now. Then simply stop by the Pavilion with your ID and order confirmation and walk away with the goods without waiting in the cash register line.

Star Wars Hyperspace and Star Wars Insider magazine present the Comic-Con debut of the Darth Vader special souvenir magazine issue. This dark, slick magazine explores everything about the Dark Lord -- from behind-the-scene origins to untold tales, featuring original art and original fiction, you won't want to miss it.

Also in the booth, Hyperspace members can say hi to those fellow members that couldn't make it courtesy the Hyperspace webcam. The well-traveled camera has been brought back out of storage to gather the sights of the Pavilion and transmit them online.

Drop in to the LucasArts booth to compete in game tournaments throughout the weekend. Prizes and give-aways are planned daily. The innovative game company will be offering fans the chance to play exciting new titles that have not yet been released, including four kiosks of the sequel to their best-selling video game, Star Wars Battlefront II, scheduled for release on PS2, Xbox, PC, and PSP this fall. Players can relive their favorite Star Wars battles from either side of the conflict. As an extra bonus for thousands of fans worldwide, the immersive story in Battlefront II focuses on the history of the 501st Legion.

LucasArts will have two kiosks featuring a special preview of their coming grand strategy game, Star Wars: Empire at War, scheduled for release on PC in the spring of 2006. The real-time strategy game features persistent action, and every decision affects the next battle, and ultimately the fate of the galaxy. Players can wage war on the ground and in space in more than 40 locations throughout the Star Wars universe.

Fans can test drive favorite LucasArts games already on the market, too. There will be kiosks of the game that offers players a completely immersive experience in the Star Wars universe, Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience. Create your own character, explore 11 fully-realized Star Wars worlds and space sectors, while you adventure with any of the hundreds of thousands of players who are playing the game live when you are. Plus there will be tournaments of the best-selling Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, where players can live the most exciting moments from the movie and follow the film's tragic conflict through the perspective of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and duel against master swordsman like Count Dooku, Mace Windu, and Darth Vader.

3-Day Blinds and Home Fashions for Kids by Dan River will give away a "Star Wars Dream Bedroom," to one lucky fan during Comic-Con International. The give-away includes not only Star Wars blinds and bedding from these two great companies, but also toys, comics, and treasures from a number of Star Wars licensees who have pi

7. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I wish I could go, but by bank is holding my money hostage :(

I'd really like to meet the actors at the autograph desk, particularly Ms. Allen since I'm working on some fanart that features her character, but I guess they only sign officially licensed photos, huh? Maybe I'll just mail it to her when it's done...

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I think they will sign whatever you want. But then again it may depend on your "fanart."[face_devil]

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I have Amy's e-mail, and I can ask her at CC if you can send it to her. Just let me know what it is, or e-mail me a photo of it.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Those of you who will be there for Wednesday's preview night, please join us for our Fanforce dinner after Preview night. It will be at the Greek Island Cafe in Seaport village at 9pm. We get dicounted dinner's there as our club president is the chef. You can get a meal and a drink for less than $10. We very well may have some special guests there as well.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the invite, Linda!

12. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks very much for your assistance JedHead1! The piece is still being worked on and I'm not sure if it will even be ready by the time Comic-Con rolls around (depends on how steep the learning curve is on this new layout software I bought), but I guess I can email you the comp to see if it's something she'd be willing to autograph. I'll get it to you as soon as I can :)

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    To all those going to Comic-Con, could we all get together on Saturday, July 9 to discuss plans on rides to the airport, possible rental car, etc.? How's the normal time and place: Metreon, 12 pm?

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So let it be written. So let it be done.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Natalie Portman will be at Comic Con on Friday at 11am. Just thought you GUYS might want to know that ;)

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    My pants are officially wet. 8-} [face_love] :* I think I just tripped over my own tongue. :D

17. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    [face_love] =P~ Now this appearance alone truly makes up for the cold and rain at Celebration 3. I think I spilled drool all over this keyboard... [face_blush] I am so glad I am going.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci05_prog_fri.shtml

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is even bigger than Mark and Carrie from last year. :D

18. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Bloody fanboys. Which is what y'all will be if you get too close. And those restraining orders may be in effect by the time of the con.

19. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    GUYS?! Well, I'm pretty happy to hear about this. :p
    Sounds like the whole, umm, is it a presentation (?) will be good. Stuff on the new Harry Potter, and the new Tim Burton movie. I guess that means you have to get there early on Friday in order to get in?

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I'm sure Matt will be camped out Thusday night.

21. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Just registered last night...

And I'm unemployed...

Am I insane???

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Insanity is one of the prerequisites of being a Star Wras fan! :D

23. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Well, I would be way more excited if Carrie was there, but that's just me. :)

24. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    hey I'm totally new to all of this board stuff, and I just wanted to say hey:) I'm going to be down for Comic-con and it would be cool to see some SF faces whenI'm down there. If there is a place where people might be meeting on the 13th,14th,15th, I would love to meet up. I also will be driving, cause the hotel I got is in south san diego.

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Mark, meet us Wednesday the 13th at 9pm at the Greek Island Cafe in Sea Port village for the fanforce dinner. There "may" be some celebs present as well. We get a discount at the restaurant so a huge meal plus drink will be under $10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.