main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Conventions

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jace Taran, Sep 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    Anyone know if there are going to be any Star Wars or Star Trek (or just sci-fi in general, for that matter) Conventions in Utah anytime soon?

2. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Jace, as for sci fi conventions, ENDERCON will be held in Orem at UVSC in july 2002. It's not general sci-fi, but it's still cool. If you've never read Ender's Game, I highly recommend it.

3. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    I won't be here for that. I'm not all that interested in Role Playing, anyway. Thanks for the info anyway, Andakin.

4. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    It's not role playing at all. It's simply the best science fiction universe ever created.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ender's Game and the subsequent series, by Orson Scott Card, is truly awesome. The premise is "and a child shall lead them." At times, the transition between personas as a child and a military genius is purely eerie.

6. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    Oops...I was thinking of something else when I wrote the role playing thing...sorry...still, it doesn't matter since I won't be here for it.

7. andakin

Dec 8, 2000
    But what's up with the delays on shadow puppets? And the lack of the MOVIE! We've been promised it for years!

8. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

Don't forget Conduit, a Science Fiction writers convention that is held every year in Salt Lake City for the last eleven years. The next scheduled event for Conduit will be over Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26, 2002. The main theme will be Lord of the Rings. Conduit does hold a "Conduit Masquerade" costuming event. However, most Star Wars Fans will be occupied that weekend. ;) Hint-Hint

BYU campus hosts "Life, The Universe, and Everything" every year. Like Conduit, it's sister con, LTUE is a Science Fiction Writing convention. In 1999, this convention featured Kevin J. Anderson as a guest speaker, who has written several Star Wars Novels. The next LTUE(#20!) will be held on February 21-23, 2002, and is FREE to the public.

The Utah Costumer's guild has made two separate bids to host Costume-Con in 2003 and 2004. The proposed Meeting Place is for the Mariott Hotel in Ogden. If Salt Lake City is honored to host this event, you won't want to miss this one.

There will be other major Science Fiction conventions coming to Utah in the next few years. Especially after the Olympics. You'll definitely hear about them. ;)

Later,

9. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    Ah, crap! I'll be gone for that, too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.