main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Corellia: Reach for the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthXan318, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    Tralus, Yet-To-Be-Named Ship

"Historically, raiders love docked ships. Not so much for the fact the ship is on the ground and thus a sitting target, but more to do with the fact that the ship's pilot would invariably remain with the ship. Alone. And usually-"

Lyle lifted a finger and hit mute.

"Too long, don't care!" Lyle spoke to the now disabled comms, feeling a bit better. He would re-enable comms again but only when he had felt the subtle vibrations and the muffled sounds of feet stomping down the boarding ramp. Actually, maybe he wouldn't re-enable them at all.

I'm starting to regret this job, the pilot thought sourly. Too many annoying people. I get a broken down ship, a mechanic that yells at me, a mechanic that messes with my ship, a smarty-pants educated person that likes to blab useless nonsense and then try to scare me, and, quite frankly, that other guy and his girlfriend was a bit too chatty. Actually no, the guy was too chatty. The girlfriend just has a weird name. Oh, and no booze. Can never forget that.

Sighing, Lyle kicked his feet up onto the console and put his hands behind his head.

"One Corellia...two Corellia...three Corellia...four Corellia..." he started out loud before the count switched back to a mental one. He'll wait a minute until he was sure that his "crew" were gone and then he could head outside and work on his ship. Even as he got to twenty Corellia, however, Lyle still felt a deep-seated annoyance at Ran that wouldn't go away so easily. Really, what the hell was his problem all of a sudden? Actually, what was EVERYONE's problem?

Yeah, I was one of those people that scrabbled around in the dark to blow up some Rakata or deliver supplies to the several cells, Lyle thought. And I was just a kid. How would you feel then jackass?

Wow, he really was annoyed. Eh, nothing that a cold ale couldn't fix-oh wait.

Sighing upon getting to sixty Corellia, Lyle reached for a compartment situated at the top of the cockpit and pulled it open, revealing a bag stuffed with a variety of tools. Pulling the bag out, Lyle assured himself that he would feel better when he started working on his ship. He may not be able to give the vessel the entire overhaul that it needed but he could keep it from going to pieces on him. Who knows; with enough maintenance he could make this thing actually look like a spaceworthy vessel. Course, this was going to require a lot of maintenance. And maybe not strictly dished out with Lyle's hands but by another mechanic.

Yeah, fat chance there, Lyle scoffed as he finally exited the cockpit, bag in hand, and made for the loading ramp. The Drall isn't coming anywhere near this again and I'm not even going to give that Lazlo guy the chance. Guess it's just you and me....

He trailed off, pausing at the boarding ramp and tilting his head in sudden thought. Huh...yeah, his ship didn't have a name. Even when he was given this rust bucket it didn't really have an official name. Ships of all sorts were being pulled out of the scrapyard and restored to some semblance of working order. Combine that with the terrible record-keeping and...yeah. Right now he was flying a ship with no name. It was a commonly-held belief that it was bad luck to have a ship with no name but Lyle had originally waved it off as nonsense.

But hey, look at my luck right now, Lyle thought as he resumed his disembarking. Maybe I should think about a name while I work. Maybe my luck will improve and those guys will die in a cave-in. Then I kick over a stone and find a half-case of whiskey; perfectly preserved and even has a glass with my name on it!

Speaking of which, upon his boots hitting the surface of Tralus, Lyle paused yet again to take a look around. Another dump heap, what else was new? The only difference between the shattered remains of Cadelmin and the settlements on Corellia was that, on Corellia, there were more people that were either cleaning up the mess or looking through the ru

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Shachihata: On approach to Corellia Site

It got very tense for a few moments, then the human pilots spoke, giving an order. Sacorr seemed to be fine with it, so Mariisa sat back down, and grew quiet. She watched as Sacorr moved to the door grabbing a blanket. As Mariisa watched, Sacorr opened the ships door, and then moved to take aim.

Mariisa almost wanted to leave. To not watch. But another part of her felt like it was important that she DID watch. After all, if there was resistance like this from young types, would most likely see more shooting and such. She had better steady herself to the sound now. Of course, they could have left, and come back later, but she doubted the other human would have stood for it. She leaned back, holding her tail, so as to not make any noise or distractions. She barely resisted the urge to chew on her tail. She instead reached down, and patted one of her droids in her bag, as she peered out of the window. The air from the open door blew within the ship, and Mariisa found herself wanting to hold on to something, for some reason, as if she was going to suddenly be sucked out of the door or something silly. Instead, she focused on keeping her eyes glued on the window.

TAG: Xan, Corellia Team

3. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    IC: Davos Reemus - Cadelmin - Tralus

Davos noticed the irritation in Ran?s voice while he responded to Lyle who declared, yet not so clearly, he would remain with the ship. Judging from the two instances that Davos had had with Lyle he would not be surprised if they found that Lyle had left them there to rot. Davos was starting to second guess the brain trust of this operation when they hired beings that seemed to have deep rooted emotional issues like Lyle clearly had. Yet, he was what they had and hopefully he would pull through when that time came. Ran on the other hand, seemed like a steady hand and Lazlo, Davos was still deciding what he was.

The ramp lowered and they exited the ship, Davos looked around, and realized that he was so wrong with his initial thoughts of settlers and beings staying close to the site. There was no one around and the town itself was a desolate husk of a city. Ran commented "Well. Never let it be said that there aren't surprises to be had from historical investigations. I'd have expected this place to have been teeming with settlers. But instead it's looking exactly as the intel report said. Deserted. All right, although I'm as anxious as anyone to look in there, we might look through the ruins of the town topside first and see if there's anything that points to occupation of these ruins, or anything useful to be found. Let's get to it."

Davos did not think there was too much here from what he could see, but Ran deserved to have his look around. Although, Davos was a bit curious as well because there needed to be a reason why no one came around here. Davos could only guess the reasons why no one was here. It could have held too many bad memories for anyone to live here or there may be something wrong with the soil for crops, the questions were numerous, and the answers were few. Hopefully this expedition would help with the answers.?Very well. Although, what exactly do you expect to find in a place this deserted? There is absolutely no sign of life here or any evidence that anyone has even been around here for quite some time." Davos genuinely wanted to know what Ran thought they could find because from where he was standing the town was run down and war had definitely taken its toll on this place. The carbon scoring and destruction was significant and it was a sign that it did not go well for anyone here, Rakatan or Rebel. He was certain though that their answers were below their feet.

As they walked Davos thought about the mysterious caller to his quarters and wondered if ?they were watching? this whole lot of nothing happening here on Tralus. The town was deserted, the population was nonexistent, and they had a uncooperative pilot. Whatever it was they were watching him for it was obvious that it was in the underground facility. Perhaps that was why the base was built under such an unremarkable place, as to not to garner any attention to what was going on below in the base. The experiments were what was the real issue in that briefing and Davos was certain that their commanders wanted to know what went on below more than ?finding? Rakatan technology. Or perhaps it was the weapon itself was the reason they were there. Either way the faster they got below the faster they would get answers to their questions.

TAG: Tralus Team

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    Cadelmin

"... what exactly do you expect to find in a place this deserted? There is absolutely no sign of life here or any evidence that anyone has even been around here for quite some time." Davos Reemus's words cut into Ran's thoughts.
    The historian turned with a smile. "I have absolutely no idea," he said. "Most likely nothing but the smallest items: a plate here, perhaps a few spent shell casings there...but, you see, that is what history, or at least archaeology, is all about. Finding fragments ... putting the piecelock together. Intelligence work isn't much different, actually--hmmm. Perhaps that's why I got into that branch during the war. I never thought of it that way before."

He palmed his forehead, closing his eyes. "Sorry - internal introspection's not really my strong point, as they say. Anyway, for example, I can tell you right from where we're standing that you're most likely to find intact materials over on the south side of the ruins." He continued on, forestalling the likely question--"You see those blast marks, the angling? Well, that would be because the Rakatan flyers performed a high pass strike over the settlement, targeting the medical centre on the north side of the city. They came with a second pass -- there -- from east to west because it was a morning raid and they didn't want the sun in their eyes as they took the approach. The assault did level most of the northeast and northwest sections of the settlement, but the south side either burned from wildfire or, in some cases, was subjected to less damage."

The historian grinned. "So I tend to agree with you. We're standing more or less right along the axis of the main Rakatan strike passes. I've no doubt there's no sign of life in this part of the settlement. Rakatan weaponry of that period would've flash-boiled water inside the buildings; raised the air temperature to, oh, ambient six hundred degrees or so. Not much would've survived. But over there," and he pointed off a little away from the comm base to the south side of the colony, "it might be a different story."

TAG: JMS, Sarge, Peng, Xan

OOC: Piecelock = jigsaw puzzle.

5. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    IC: Davos Reemus - Cadelmin - Tralus

Davos considered everything that Ran had said and admired the detail in which he described his thoughts on what had happened there. Ran's knowledge of battle tactics was not surprising considering a military intelligence background and as for his guess that something could be found on the south side of the colony was worth investigating. "Sure, that would be worth while to take a walk down there. Security does not seem to be an issue yet." Davos took out his macrobinoculars and scanned the area and did not see much of anything."There isn't anything that I can see visually in terms of hostiles or friendlies, we should move though, the underground base should be our main priority. I have a feeling our mission will unfold there."

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Note: Just a reminder that none of you have blasters or any other kind of energy weapon; you're all wielding slugthrowers (although, yes, that's just a fancy Star Wars word for 'gun'). ;)

[b]Jedi_MasterSkywalker, Penguinator-176, Saintheart[/b]
    [i]Tralus: Ruins of Cadelmin - Surface[/i]

The eerie silence continued as the three men explored the southern side of the colony, punctuated only by the sound of their footsteps.

It was, as Ran had reckoned, less damaged - relatively speaking, anyway. The buildings were still weapon-scored, but the marks looked to be left by handheld weapons and not airstrikes. Perhaps this was where the rebels had made their initial assault? Low mountains lay to Cadelmin's north and east, blocking foot access to the town via anything but easily-defended passes. (And yes: even in the distance, they could see a guard tower to the east, still defending a choke point from imaginary enemies.) To the west lay a river. The south, by comparison, opened up to gentle rolling hills covered by grasses and scrub. The rebels could have simply waltzed through them.

Anyway, the buildings were mostly administrative. A battered sign proclaimed one large structure to have been "NERF FEED PROCESSING B" (though no nerfs or feed remained); another was probably the town general store. All were empty.

---

[b]Sarge221[/b]
    [i]Tralus: Ruins of Cadelmin - Landing Pad[/i]

Cadelmin was eerily silent when Lyle emerged. No birds, no animals, not even any wind - nothing. The only noises he could hear were from the ground team as they explored the southern side of the colony.

The revolver was a comforting weight at his hip, but there was nothing to shoot.

When he popped open the panel for the landing gear, the first thing he noticed was that - happily - there was no trace of fuzz on any of the insides. The second thing he would notice was that the annoying little Drall might've been right after all. The leads right at the back, the ones that connected the cockpit's signals to the gear itself, were badly shrivelled and corroded.

---

[b]DarkLordoftheFins, SirakRomar, spycoder9, tjace[/b]
    [i]Selonia: Base of the Cloudland Peaks[/i]

Despite Lisander and Morgue's worry, nothing jumped out at them as they descended into the mines.

Surprisingly, it wasn't pitch-dark. Emergency floor lights cast a dim glow on the walls and floor of the entrance tunnel, amazingly still in operation after ten years of disrepair following a massive firefight - although perhaps this was also the scout's work? It fit what they knew of her so far: a Selonian who was investigating the mine for the possibility of reopening would naturally rig lights as well as a comm relay, in preparation for bringing a full exploration team in.

The entrance tunnel led to a large cavern filled with wrecked mining equipment. Impossible to tell how large, in the gloom - all they could see were overturned carts, and hunks of blasted metal, and other twisted structures that were impossible to recognise. All cast strange shadows everywhere, and the dim light didn't reach the ceiling. Like all sensible mine explorers, they would have brought glowsticks, and they'd probably need them to do a proper investigation.

Of course, lighting a glowstick was also literally like lighting a beacon in the darkness.

---

[b]Bardan_Jusik, docking_bay94, HanSolo29, Ktala, Mitth_Fisto[/b]
    [i]Corellia: Atmosphere[/i]

It was a tense and divided team aboard the [i]Shachihata[/i].

Despite Sacorr's misgivings, she set up a sniper perch at the port airlock. She draped a blanket over her to mask her silhouette and tapped the OPEN button with the barrel of her sniper rifle. The airlock door opened, wind gusting in her face, flapping the blanket.

Meanwhile, Anders swung the ship into position. The [i]Shachihata[/i] swung in low on repulsorlifts and pivoted to face its port side at the kids, coming to a halt not three hundred metres above.

Sacorr fired.

It was a beautiful shot if it hadn't been on a young human who was probably not a day older th

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Shachihata: Corellia: Atmosphere

The ship swung out to give Sacorr a position for her to fire. The ships engines suddenly seemed very loud to Mariisa, but not loud enough.

Sacorr fired.

To her credit, Mariisa did not jump when the sound was fired, but inside of her bag, her fingers clutched tightly to one of her small droids, as she stared out of the window. Her jaw was clenched tightly as she looked out, her tail tightly wound around her body.

If anything, Mariisa had to admit that Sacoor certainly knew her business end around her weapon. The kid had been standing there, threatening, and Mariisa saw Sacorr's aim was true. Her shot went right through his rifle and slammed into his shoulder. He flew back, thudding into the ground in a smear of blood. Mariisa narrowed her eyes, realizing she was holding her breath. She quickly released it, as she watched as the other younglings abandoned their 'posts' and ran to help him. They did not run away. That said much.

Well. It was done. Mariisa wondered what would happen next. She did not trust these humans as much as she had before. They seemed to lie far too easily. And they acted like... like the others. Like they were still in war. To shoot and take what they wanted. Why couldnt they have simply sneaked in? But too late now. It was done. She simply watched, and hoped that after all of this, that there was something worth salvage here. It would be bad, after the lies and shooting and blood, to find nothing of value.

This mission was not as fun as she thought it would be.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, docking_bay94, HanSolo29, Mitth_Fisto

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders
    Shachihata, Above the recovery site

After positioning the ship to aid Sacorr as much as possible, Anders was releived to finally hear the shot over the roar of the wind that had acompanied the opening of the side hatch. He watched as the shot hit true, the young man's rifle shattered as he was thrown backward. But rather than scatter, his friends ran to help him. Apparently they had more seasoning than he had thought.

In any case though they were distracted now, Anders quickly gunned the old ship's engines bringing them in towards the landing site, just meters short of where the kids were standing. He thunked the ship down hard. A much harder landing than most of his passengers were used to, but time was of the essence.

As he rushed out of the pilot's seat he grabbed his rifle and called out to Sacorr and Calcin. "We subdue the rest, quickly. Kill if you have to, but capture them if you can." He motioned to them than, indicating that they were to fan out and hit the remainder of those out there simultaneously. "Let none escape, if we do our cover is blown." The ones who had already fled had probably believed his lie and wouldn't be reporting their activities to the local authorities.

"Mariisa, Graf. You two stay with the ship for now. Cover us if you can, but keep out of trouble. Without you two the entire purpose of this mission is for naught."

He took a deep breath, they all looked ready now. The hatch was open, it was time to take over the site. "Lets move out."

TAG: Corellia Team.

9. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Calcin
    Shachihata: Hovering above Corellia Site

Calcin watched, torn between military efficiency and cooperating with... liars. Eventually, a truce was reached and Younger stuck her head out the hatch to take a warning shot.

It was a wonderful shot. Brilliant, even. From a moving platform, with an outdated gun... Good sniper. People skills... needs work. Calcin glanced at the rest of the team. Younger: useful. Liar: ... commanding officer... Scholar: zealous? Youngest: not military. Needs to focus on mission. Still... has point. Stood up to Liar...

... The kids weren't clearing out. Liar set the ship down and called out orders. "We subdue the rest, quickly. Kill if you have to, but capture them if you can. Let none escape, if we do our cover is blown." Calcin grabbed her glaive, made sure her submachine gun was firmly holstered, and threw off her rain cape. I'll need that later, won't I...

"Lets move out." Calcin dashed down the ramp towards the kids on all fours. As she neared the closest one, she stood up on her hind legs, grabbed her glaive, leaped at him, and swung it at his head, aiming to hit him with the blunt part so as not to kill him.

TAG: Corellia Team, Xan

10. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Cavern

Carek noticed the damage the second he walked into the large cavern area. His mind reeled at what had happened. Overturned things, rubble scattered throughout. The mines had been positively frightening, mostly because he had felt the tension from both Lisander and Morgue.

He whistled at the sight of all of it.

?Looks like something happened here.? The lights didn?t lit the cavern area much at all, though, and Carek stayed close to the others.

?Maybe one of us should venture out and investigate what exactly happened here?? But Carek knew that lighting a glowstick could also be potentially dangerous. If animals had attacked and killed the former explorer, and they were resting in this very cavern, then a new bright light could awaken them to four very tasty looking people.

?Well, if there is something here, it probably already knows we?re here too.? Carek took out a glowstick from his bag and let it glow.

Holding it out, he gritted his teeth, preparing for an attack from some unsightly creature.

TAG: Fin, Sirak, tjace, Xany

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Ran Ringhaven
    Cadelmin

"Guess I'm in for a few surprises today," said Ran, dusting his hands off from another entirely insignificant fragment of rubbles. "Nothing. Not an artifact, not a shell casing - nothing at all. Probably the rebels made their initial assault through this district, but there isn't really anything here I can see."

The historian stood, rolling his shoulders, turning to the finger of the listing comm array. "Well, I suppose there's no putting off the inevitable. Shall we go and take a look, gentlemen?"

TAG: Tralus team

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Abord the Shachihata, ON the recovery site

Mariisa wasnt really paying attention, still had her eyes glued to where the kids were outside, when she suddenly felt the ship lurch, and then land... HARD. She almost fell, as the ship came in for a landing. As she clutched the wall, she turned and saw the human pilot Ric Anders moving quickly.

He grabbed his weapon, as he called out to Sacorr and Calcin. "We subdue the rest, quickly. Kill if you have to, but capture them if you can." He motioned to them than, with a hand signal, that she caught an idea of..well, she guessed what it meant actually. Or what she thought it meant. But she was glad it did not include her in that order. But his next one did.

"Mariisa, Graf. You two stay with the ship for now. Cover us if you can, but keep out of trouble. Without you two the entire purpose of this mission is for naught."

Cover? Well, she guessed other human could take care of that. She could keep out of trouble, so she stuck with that. And make sure only they got back on ship, and not others. She simply nodded her head.

The pilot called out, "Lets move out." and moved. Calcin dashed down the ramp towards the kids on all fours. Mariisa moved to keep an eye on the door, making sure no kids tried to sneak on board. For the most part, she simply tried to pay attention to what was going on nearby the ship, and to keep a lookout, in case something tried to sneak to the others outside.

TAG: Corellia Team, Xan

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC Major Ric Anders
    Corellia Recovery Site

Anders was glad to see that his orders were being followed, a few moments ago he thought he might have had a full blown mutiny on his hands. He still wasn't sure what he had said or done to earn the ire of the entire Selonian element of the team. It had seemed that things had been going great one minute, and the next they were willing to head back to the station rather than stay in the same cramped ship as he was.

But they were following is orders now, he would have time to figure out what he had done wrong later. He pushed down the ramp behind Calcin, watching as she took off on all fours. It was a frightening sight, a snarling creature with sharp teeth bounding straight at the kids. But those kids had already proven their bravery, Anders doubted they would be overly frightened by the display.

But Calcin wasn't all show. She was armed with that glaive, and as she swung it towards one of the scavengers, Anders was sure she could disarm the entire group on her own. He moved to help anyway, "Drop your weapons!" he yelled to the kids still surrouding their wounded leader. Anders moved towards them but stopped short of melee range pointing his rifle at their group. "Surrender now and your wounded will get medical attention!"

TAG: Corellia team, Xan

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Sacorr
    Corellia waiting in air

Taking a breath and breathing out, holding it just there, a slow grip before the ease of the squeeze to send a round from her slug-thrower flying. What was to do but watch through the scope as the shot crossed the distance, hit the mark, and continued into the human young?s shoulder. The target went flying back from the hit, his blood trail demarking the power of her shot and the frailty of the weapon the rebellious young was using. If only not for the liar, perhaps the young would of aided instead of requiring these actions.

Showing the strength unseen the young did not scatter but ran to their leaders aid. Her heart thundered for this den of humans, so marred by her own hand in service of a liar. As the ship landed and the order was given she followed after Elder, running the short distance before leaping the last gap to use her sniper weapon as a staff to knock the humans? into stupor. Unlike the Elder she could not bar her teeth for this act, it was an act born of a lie, and unless she was able to mend the wounded leader she doubted that this day would ever leave her when she dealt with humans again.

TAG: Xan, Corellia Team

15. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    Mines

The light was too dim to investigate. But to bright to consider it darkness. Perfect conditions ofr any kind of ambush. In dim light movement was easier to see but shapes. So whoever lay still would see them first.

Carek took out a glow stick and enlightened it. Whispering something about whatever was here might know about them anyway. She stared at him, expecting he did the only tactically logical thing and threw it somewhere, where they wanted to have a look and it did not serve as a beavcon . . . but then she realized he did not plan to do so. He wanted to keep it with hi, hold it high and probably he would any second now begin to shout around!

"Why do you think, it knows we ´re here. Do you know what it is and it can smell stupidity?!" She raised her assault rifle. "Throw that damned glowstick down that corridor, or I swear I´ll use your body as bait! Now!" She hissed angry.

Tag: Spy, Fin, tjace

16. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Lazlo Lundi
    Cadelmin

Lazlo found himself biting his lip. Nerves at this time were unavoidable; their surroundings were unsettling, plain and simple, and he wanted desperately to get back to the ship and fix it. Anything beat standing around in the ghost town.

Ringhaven spoke up. "Shall we go and take a look, gentlemen?" If we must, thought Lazlo, but he nodded all the same. He bit his lip again.

"I don't like this place."

Tag: Tralus team

17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lisander Olic
    Mines, Selonia

"Morgue, calm down." He stepped between the gun and the young man and gently pushed the barrel away. "You did the same on our first run through the mines, remember?" He raised his brows and then turned to Carek. "Stop assuming, boy. Whatever is here can impossibly know were have entered this giant maze. It is too big. And the scout has reached lower levels obviously, so it is a fair assumption it haunts them. And we have light. Dim, but enough for travel and see a giant ship when we find one. So we won´t make us an extrta easy target and tell everybody we´re approaching through our lights minutes vefore we do, okay? We´ll move slow, silent and secured." Lisander grabbed the light from the man´s arm and killed it. "That´s the way Morgue and I do it. And you two better adapt. There is a reason why they called us. It was not we´re the best. We are among the very few still alive." Looking at Antilles and Carek he nodded. "We turn the lights on when we know there is something to see.

Looking to Morgue he shook his head. "I need you to keep control, you hear me?" He hissed to her and took light again.

Tag: SirakRomar

18. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Aug 29, 2010
    Davos Reemus - Cadelmin - Tralus

Davos watched as Ran become understandably frustrated with finding nothing of significance so far in the abandoned town. His suggestion of investigating the communications array was refreshing as that was percisely what Davos wanted to do. Even Lazlo agreed, albeit with a nervous approval and adding his dislike for the area. Davos addressed Lazlo grimly with, "I agree Lazlo but nothing is up here to dislike, it's underground where we are bound to find the things we might just hate." Davos then started off in stride with Ran and said to him, "If the entrance of the facility is sealed we might have to blow it open with some kind of demoolition charges, of course I am hopeful a torch will be all we need to open the hatch."

TAG: Tralus team

19. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Carek Thorn
    Caves

Carek was stunned. Morgue had gone nuts at him, which he had actually found not very surprising. She was a very wacko kind of lady, and the more and more he was around her, the more and more he began to realize signing up for this mission was indeed a mistake. He hadn?t actually planned on making any noise, he just wanted to use the light to see several things. Of course, Morgue assumed otherwise, and he found himself on the end of a gun.

Before he could even find the courage to respond, Lisander hopped in. He immediately became the voice of reason, and calmed Morgue down. A little. Maybe. Hopefully. Lisander turned the light off for Carek, who was still partially dumbfounded. As they began to look around, he wondered what was going to happen. Personally, he hoped some wild, crazy Morgue-eating beast would come up from the caves, grab her, and take her away. But that was just his overheated, angry mind talking. He could handle two hostile conversations with her, but three would be too much. He would have to say something.

So, for now, Carek looked to Lisander and Morgue. Afraid to touch or say anything or he would find a gun on him, he stayed silent.

TAG: Fin, Sirak, tjace, Xany

20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Morgue
    The Mines

"Keep control? KEEP control?!?" She grabbed Lisander at the arm and dragged him a few steps away from the other two. Looking back at htem, she gave him her most agnry look and returned his hiss with her own. "You know how easy it is to shoot someone in the dark who has a light on? Aim for the light and a bit lower an BAMM!"

Lisander had always been the more patient one of them, but Morgue had always been looking for cooporations. She wondered when that had changed and then she realized when and how and for what reasons. She sighed and look back at the two soldiers. "They are meant to be soldiers." Turning away from Lisander she was about to make her way back to them, when she suddenly turned around once more. "Since when is the great OLIC a team player, hm?"

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lisander Olic
    Mines, Selonia

He ignored the bit about team players. He had never left anybody behind and she knew it. He had even saved Ringhaven and he had a lot of good reasons not to. Grabbing her arm he stared back.

"Soldiers? They´re a medic and an engineer in an army about a year old. It is our damned job to keep them alive. Do I know how easy it is to shoot someone with a light on? Hell yeah. And he didn´t. Does that justify in any way to aim at his head with a damned weapon! You´re loosing it, Morgue. What the hell is wrong with you? You do crap like that again and I send you to the surface to wait in the ship, you understand? I mean it. Right now you are a risk here and I can´t have my partner become a problem." Lisander let her go. "You better got that!" He hissed a last time pointing his finger into her face. Then he turned and went back to the waiting soldiers.

"She is going through a lot, it won´t happen again." Lisander apologized and then turned out the map. "The ship is that direction. So let´s move. Formation as before."

He turned to the shaft and began the descent. His gun drawn, his eyes always searching the darkness for movement. And his ears open. It was easy to hide in shadows, but the mines had an echo, certainly. It was much harder to sneak around here, without making a sound.

Tag: Xany, Sirak, tjace, Spy

22. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    Tralus, Ruins of Cadelmin, Landing Pad

Oh look, Lyle thought dryly. How about that. Its almost like if the stupid Drall had come to me first, asked what to look at, I might not have had to worry about this because I would've pointed him right to it. To all nine god damn hells with his fuel leaks...

Fortunately, he had the parts to replace this. Worst-case scenario, he had feared that he was going to need to replace the landing gear entirely. And he did not have the parts for such a job. Maybe somewhere in this dump he could've found parts or, at the very least, something that a bit of imagination and improvisation could've created for him but he doubted it. This was once a town that had a super secret Rakata facility buried beneath this facade; thus, he didn't believe that it was particularly well-stocked in spare parts for ships.

And this dump had been obliterated...how long ago?

He was going to have to do something about this corrosion though. Having placed his bag of tools at his feet, Lyle knelt down to zip it open. There were a bunch of good, solid - not to mention heavy - tools but he didn't need anything like that. Zipping open a side pocket, Lyle pulled out a small box and pried it open with his thumb. There was a small jar full of some liquid - a chemical solvent - and, off to the side, some cotton swabs that were packed together in a small bag.

While he was recovering the "tools", Lyle paused and took a quick, subtle look around. Nope, landing pad was clear. No sneaky back-stabbers or bandits. Still, even as he pulled out a ball of cotton, he kept listening for any other unusual sounds. Considering that everything was completely and utterly silent, any noise at all that didn't involve his tinkering would be up for suspicion and cause him to turn his head. But, like he had just been thinking, this thing was a crap yard. Anything that had been living here would've died or move on long ago. There certainly hadn't seemed like any signs that anyone was trying to make a living here while he was flying over and he doubted anyone would start now.

Comforted, at least for now, Lyle focused his attention back to the panel. Opening the jar and gently dabbing the cotton within the solvent, Lyle stood back up and his eyes focused on the corroded leads. Nothing hard or difficult here; just apply the solvent and let it work. After that he'll see what can be salvaged, what could be replaced, what could stay for another couple weeks, all that good stuff. And after an hour...or two...he could cross this off his list and then focus on another of the two dozen problems that he had on his list concerning this rust bucket.

Ah well, taking care of some rust in the middle of a blasted town, Lyle thought as he stretched out his arm to start dabbing Could always be worse.

TAG: Tralus Peeps, Xani

23. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    GM Note: Apologies for the lack of update this week, I've been unusually busy. Post soon...

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Eryk Graf
    Corellia Recovery Site

Graf scoffed and shook his head. "Always the lucky one that gets left behind..." he grumbled under his breath as he perched close to the open door, the wind whipping against his face.

Things had calmed down somewhat after the brief blowout, but they were far from perfect. The Selonians were now harboring a grudge against their human counterparts and that was bound to make their progress difficult in the future. They may be cooperating now, but it meant nothing - it was all building up to the next disaster. Graf could feel it.

Breathing in the crisp air, Graf waited until Anders and the other two Selonians engaged their teenage threat before reaching into his jacket and pulling free the hand gun that was tucked away in one of the interior pockets. He studied the weapon's casing for a moment before checking the ammo. Satisfied with his findings, he glanced up at Mariisa, who had been left behind alongside him, and smiled.

"Always be prepared," he cautioned before closing the casing and returning his attention to the others outside. If things got out of hand, Graf was prepared to take action.

TAG: Team Corellia

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mariisa
    Corellia Recovery Site

Mariisa heard Eryk Graf mumble something as he came to peer out the doorway, on the other side where she had been looking out from. She moved back a tiny bit, still looking at the others, but eyes sharp for anything that might come near the door, as her ears swiveled about.

Movement caused her to look towards Eryk, as she noticed he pulled out a weapon. A smaller weapon than the others carried, but lethal looking just the same. He looked at her and smiled. "Always be prepared,"][/i he cautioned before closing the casing and returning his attention to the others outside.

Mariisa simply nodded, as she also turned her head back to pay attention to what was happening outside. She hoped it would not take long to knock out the younger. This could also mean that they would have a very limited time to search. So they would have to move quickly.

TAG: Team Corellia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.